Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

This is my life now. Emails are crap, I must get 6 - 10 emails a day from above with new procedures etc - it's far too much - whatever shit he's trying to say gets forgotten about instantly. Way too many emails.

I wish I only got 6-10 emails a day from 'them above'. :/

The fact people get ridiculously more wound up by what a few benefit claimants are doing than the behavior of massive national or multinational corporations. That grinds my gears.

Everyone still buying the Sun or drinking at Starbucks like its nothing.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

The fact people get ridiculously more wound up by what a few benefit claimants are doing than the behavior of massive national or multinational corporations. That grinds my gears.

Very good point, I try my best to avoid giving money to tax dodgers, but sometimes Amazon are the only place I can get things, it makes me feel dirty, but the amount they are robbing from the Government makes the benefit cheats look pretty insignificant.

It's a fair point. You could argue that amazon creates wealth and we're better off with them than without them, but by the same token benefit scum keep the off licenses, tobacconists, wetherspoons and the local drug dealers in business so I guess they provide a similar service.

Edited by MooseBreath

It's a fair point. You could argue that amazon creates wealth and we're better off with them than without them, but by the same token benefit scum keep the off licenses, tobacconists, wetherspoons and the local drug dealers in business so I guess they provide a similar service.

I'm not really justifying any of it, really. I do understand why the status quo is as is, I just find our culture of general apathy bewildering.

Appreciate the Sun issue is a bit different but the fact people are still buying it as if nothing ever happened is just staggering. I guess the fact it was reported on in a way that simply passed over most of the people in Murdoch's target audience is a part of it but then that really just furthers my point.

If you buy the sun regularly you're probably a dense cvnt anyway.

If you go to Starbucks you're probably more concerned about your image than anything else even if you pretend to be some kind of "activist" like so many of the sandal wearing, MacBook masturbating hipster scum that go there.

If you shop at amazon you probably appreciate their prices and consider your own financial well being over and above that of the government who would only go and waste the money anyway.

If you go to Starbucks you're probably more concerned about your image than anything else even if you pretend to be some kind of "activist" like so many of the sandal wearing, MacBook masturbating hipster scum that go there.

If you shop at amazon you probably appreciate their prices and consider your own financial well being over and above that of the government who would only go and waste the money anyway.

I go to starbucks to get a coffee lol.

Creationists:

Talk about an easy target! I love how Dawkins nowadays says it's pointless debating 'believers'.

Shame he ducks the people who could actually do a good job against him. He's had a couple of cracks at John Lennox but didn't do too well so refuses to debate more of the guys who can keep up with him - so I'm led to believe.

Such a pointless discussion. Anyone who thinks they should be able to hold an opinion of equal value to a raft of scientists based on no knowledge whatsoever is clearly not worth arguing with.

There are quite a few scientists who want to debate him on the subject, but he ducks them. William Lane Craig even went to Dawkins home town and Dawkins refused the chance.

2.10 onwards "Dawkins was really smarting after John Lennox took him to the woodshed in their debates. He was embarrassed by his performance and decided he's not going to do these type of debates anymore because it's simply too humiliating."

I've seen a few Lennox (Professor of Mathematics at Oxford) debates and in my opinion he came off better against Atkins (Professor of Chemistry at Oxford), Dawkins and Hitchins.

There are much higher calibre opponents for people like Dawkins to go up against, but he chooses to go against easy target Creationists.

Edited by El Empty

2.10 onwards "Dawkins was really smarting after John Lennox took him to the woodshed in their debates. He was embarrassed by his performance and decided he's not going to do these type of debates anymore because it's simply too humiliating."

isnt that hearsay?.....wheres the proof that he stated that, thats a quote from mr craig.

It is funny reading and watching the evolution v creationist stuff thats around, the evolutionists will state they wiped the floor withthe creationists and vice versa.....it goes round and round.....

"MacBook masturbating hipster scum"

lol lol lol

Perfect summary.

We haven't had this in a while

lol lol lol lol

Did empty seriously just call WLC a scientist?

I don't even know the fella, never seen anything by him. I was looking for another video I came across a few months back but couldn't find it so just put up that one as a quick example.

My point still stands that the woman in the video that was posted is an easy target. There are many scientists far more suited to the task and there can only be one reason why he even took a camera crew along with him to that place.

Surely by arguing that theologians aren't qualified to argue with biologists you must accept that biologists aren't qualified to argue with theologians?

Not really - theologians aren't really qualified to argue with any biologist, let alone Dawkins, on subject of evolution, because frankly anyone who denies evolution doesn't know what they're talking about. However, when it comes to theology, or more accurately, when it comes to claims of science made by theologians, then scientists are well qualified to step in and slap them round face, because argument is on something in scientists area of knowledge.

I have to say what grinds my gears is that, twice within the space of three, days, someone (who shall remain nameless) has made a subtly clever joke, only to have it expanded on in quotation - effectively shoving it in peoples faces and removing any essence of nuance - and the quoter gets the credit.

I don't know who that person might be, but if I were him, I'd be justifiably miffed!

• Like 1

Not really - theologians aren't really qualified to argue with any biologist, let alone Dawkins, on subject of evolution, because frankly anyone who denies evolution doesn't know what they're talking about. However, when it comes to theology, or more accurately, when it comes to claims of science made by theologians, then scientists are well qualified to step in and slap them round face, because argument is on something in scientists area of knowledge.

You can have a degree in theology there for theologians have studied their subject and biologist have no right to an opinion unless they've studied theology too.

So are you saying that no qualified scientist believes in a god of some kind?

I have to say what grinds my gears is that, twice within the space of three, days, someone (who shall remain nameless) has made a subtly clever joke, only to have it expanded on in quotation - effectively shoving it in peoples faces and removing any essence of nuance - and the quoter gets the credit.

I don't know who that person might be, but if I were him, I'd be justifiably miffed!

i saw one (chernobyl) and gave you both credit :D

i'll also have to admit i wouldn't have got the joke otherwise :)