Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

what grinds my gears

a lack of beers!

and rabbits ears

i hate them so

i hate them so so much

aint know way no dawkins master of evolution made no rabbit ears that ugly, she said

THEN I HIT HER ON THE HEAD

hard

send your pappa a card

on his birthday

shoobely shoobelly shoobelly doo

You can have a degree in theology there for theologians have studied their subject and biologist have no right to an opinion unless they've studied theology too.

As I said though, when they make claims of science, then they venture into scientists area of expertise, hence scientist is well within his/her remit to argue there.

So are you saying that no qualified scientist believes in a god of some kind?

Nope, but in general theologians tend to be ignorant of science (lane-craig, hovind, robinson etc.) - when they say things on science that are wrong, scientist is more than qualified to correct them.

what grinds my gears

a lack of beers!

and rabbits ears

i hate them so

i hate them so so much

aint know way no dawkins master of evolution made no rabbit ears that ugly, she said

THEN I HIT HER ON THE HEAD

hard

send your pappa a card

on his birthday

shoobely shoobelly shoobelly doo

Which member are you and how many beers are you on now?

The people I see in coffee shops are generally tired shoppers looking fro somewhere to sit down and have a drink. Clearly I am not paying attention. Either I am not paying attention or the cool people pissed off somewhere else about a decade ago.

Yeah we left for the pub about 2003.

i saw one (chernobyl) and gave you both credit :D

i'll also have to admit i wouldn't have got the joke otherwise :)

To be fair it was about a day after the original comment and nobody else had picked up on it. I will not be made to feel guilty for it. I'm curious what the other one was though.

To be fair it was about a day after the original comment and nobody else had picked up on it. I will not be made to feel guilty for it. I'm curious what the other one was though.

I had put the comment in for just such a thing to happen. I just didn't expect, having picked up the ball at the half-way line, beaten three defenders and nutmegged the keeper, for everyone to rush over and hug the guy who did the tap in. :P

Nope, but in general theologians tend to be ignorant of science (lane-craig, hovind, robinson etc.) - when they say things on science that are wrong, scientist is more than qualified to correct them.

Then again, the vast majority of people (in the Western world at least), believe in evolution without being able to explain it beyond "monkey's turned into men". I have also observed scientists come to different conclusions from differing research on the same theme - which is why you get all these "it's a good thing to do this" stories that contradict "it's a bad thing to do this" stories. Invariably I find that scientific research has an ulterior motive, eg, research that proves milk is good for you is sponsored by the Milk Marketing Board. Of course, this is not all scientists - which is why I find it offensive to be labelled as a cretinous moron along with everyone who believes in creation.

Finally got my module results, aside from not being good enough, looking at the breakdown is a kicker. Spent a while deliberating between chemistry and biology when applying for uni and decided that despite doing better at biology I'd go for chemistry because I didn't do essays well. Now looking at the sections my results are coming from and it's my essay writing that's saving me. Should have just gone and done something I really enjoyed and was good at rather than worrying about the whole manner of assessment.

Finally got my module results, aside from not being good enough, looking at the breakdown is a kicker. Spent a while deliberating between chemistry and biology when applying for uni and decided that despite doing better at biology I'd go for chemistry because I didn't do essays well. Now looking at the sections my results are coming from and it's my essay writing that's saving me. Should have just gone and done something I really enjoyed and was good at rather than worrying about the whole manner of assessment.

Well duh! Maybe if you had asked the foxestalk collective you would be following your dreams and studying theology.

I'm surprised you're struggling though as you do seem to really have an interest in what you study, oh well keep at it and remember that university is just reading stuff then repeating it.

Went to see Milton Jones tonight, absolute crap. Dont think I laughed more than twice. :(

Audience were all laughing at some of the dullest jokes I'd ever heard, didnt understand it.

Had you seen him before or on tv? If so you only have yourself to blame. If not then fair enough he is not to everyone's taste and whilst he is amusing in small doses on mock the week, don't think I could stand an hour long show.

Had you seen him before or on tv? If so you only have yourself to blame. If not then fair enough he is not to everyone's taste and whilst he is amusing in small doses on mock the week, don't think I could stand an hour long show.

He's a very 'hit and miss' comedian for me. Saying that, one of his jokes had me an absolute stitches once: So I was sat in traffic the other day...... And I got run over.

Well duh! Maybe if you had asked the foxestalk collective you would be following your dreams and studying theology.

I'm surprised you're struggling though as you do seem to really have an interest in what you study, oh well keep at it and remember that university is just reading stuff then repeating it.

Not struggling exactly - the marks are still good enough to make a 2:1 given the size of the modules, but below 65% on an exam just isn't good enough for me.

I'd never study theology, at least study a slightly proper subject like psychology.

Not struggling exactly - the marks are still good enough to make a 2:1 given the size of the modules, but below 65% on an exam just isn't good enough for me.

I'd never study theology, at least study a slightly proper subject like psychology.

Aren't you in first year!? Jesus if you can't get 70%+ in first year then you'll be fooked by year 3. I'd say 65% in first year usually equates to low 50%'s for final year. You'll be lucky to get a 2:2 with scores like that. Better pull your socks up.

Aren't you in first year!? Jesus if you can't get 70%+ in first year then you'll be fooked by year 3. I'd say 65% in first year usually equates to low 50%'s for final year. You'll be lucky to get a 2:2 with scores like that. Better pull your socks up.

Nah, first year results don't count, any more than 40% is wasted effort...

Second year, not first year.