Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Yeaaahh... good one. :huh:

He was saying how he stared the frail old lady down, and frightened her to the point where she could only stare at the ground (or, his interesting shoes), because basically, he is a brave, tough man.

I was saying yes, he is a brave, tough man in his dreams, bit in reality he is a crybaby wimpboy.

Jesus, I'm starting to see what daggers means about the dumbing down of this forum.

No... he was making a joke.

The set up is playing hard man, suggesting he gave her a fierce stare.

The punchline is that when she actually turned around he got shy and looked at his feet, implying he'd only been giving her evils behind her back.

The deliberate mislead makes this funny.

How the **** do you need that explaining to you? No wonder you don't get Brooker or Hicks.

He was saying how he stared the frail old lady down, and frightened her to the point where she could only stare at the ground (or, his interesting shoes), because basically, he is a brave, tough man.

I was saying yes, he is a brave, tough man in his dreams, bit in reality he is a crybaby wimpboy.

Jesus, I'm starting to see what daggers means about the dumbing down of this forum.

The punchline is that when she actually turned around he got shy and looked at his feet, implying he'd only been giving her evils behind her back.

How the **** do you need that explaining to you? No wonder you don't get Brooker or Hicks.

This is making me lol

Yep, I can see how you could read it that way. I wasn't expecting to read a post where someone is too insecure to hold eye contact with a woman. I didn't realise there were 12-year-old boys on the forum. As far as interpretation goes, I guess it depends on your perspective when reading it, based on your own psychological bias. If you're a bit of a pussy you would probably automatically take the view that he was being a bit of a pussy.

• Like 1

Yep, I can see how you could read it that way. I wasn't expecting to read a post where someone is too insecure to hold eye contact with a woman. I didn't realise there were 12-year-old boys on the forum. As far as interpretation goes, I guess it depends on your perspective when reading it, based on your own psychological bias. If you're a bit of a pussy you would probably automatically take the view that he was being a bit of a pussy.

lol lmao.

Literally the worst attempt at saving face I've ever seen.

If the "old lady" was intimidated why would she look at his shoes?!

You were over eager to make someone look a nob and you ****ed up.

People who don't put the divider thingies down at the supermarket checkout.

Just earlier some lady in front of me not only took up nearly a metre of conveyer belt for one yoghurt and a tub of cottage cheese, but also stood there and looked at me *holding my loaf of bread because she hadn't left any space* a good three or four times and did nothing. When the clerk kindly shoved the out of reach dividers all the way to the end so I could actually use them I grandiosely plonked it down and gave the lady a good, hard "I will end you" stare. When she turned around my shoes were suddenly really interesting.

That 'not putting dividers down' irks me as much as people who don't say thank you or at least acknowledge when you hold the door open for them. Takes literally less than a second to say 'thanks' or even just a nod.

lol lmao.

Literally the worst attempt at saving face I've ever seen.

If the "old lady" was intimidated why would she look at his shoes?!

You were over eager to make someone look a nob and you ****ed up.

She looked at him and then, scared by his brutality with the bread, looked down at the ground. If you look at someone stood next to you, then down at the ground, you'll be looking at or around their shoes. In any case, I believe he was using his shoes as a poetic substitution for the ground in this case.

This interpretation seems immediately more plausible to me than the idea that he was too scared to hold eye contact. It remains to be seen who is correct, so don't count your chickens just yet.

Edited by MooseBreath

People who come on to talk sites and argue endlessly without once realising it matters not one fvcking iota.

TTTTTHHHHHIIIIISSSSS!!!!!

Although some debate is good, I like how I can read an argument and have my mind changed about 50 times before I settle in one side or t'other. Some of them are a bit cyclical though (I'm looking at you Animal Rights Thread).

Its amazing how sometimes I agree with posters like flowwolf and moosebreath but then on other agree with spherical and captain pancake face.

Usually though by the time I've caught up with the thread my opinion have either been changed, already aired or I have no informed opinion either way!

For now though I shall remain on the fence.

• Like 1

TTTTTHHHHHIIIIISSSSS!!!!!

Although some debate is good, I like how I can read an argument and have my mind changed about 50 times before I settle in one side or t'other. Some of them are a bit cyclical though (I'm looking at you Animal Rights Thread).

Its amazing how sometimes I agree with posters like flowwolf and moosebreath but then on other agree with spherical and captain pancake face.

Usually though by the time I've caught up with the thread my opinion have either been changed, already aired or I have no informed opinion either way!

For now though I shall remain on the fence.

But this is why we do it, I know I'm never going to convince the hardcore right wing massive that benefits are a good thing, and that it is a minority that actually scrounge off the state and make a career out of benefits, but by challenging the daily mail rhetoric that gets spouted on here it gives those whose opinions aren't entrenched in one camp or another a balanced view and can make up their own minds.