Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Talking of the name on Coke bottles, I just randomly picked one up before realising they had names on and... it had my name on!

There's a billboard for these outside work, the names aren't even in traditional coke sign writing.

An amazingly clever con. Well done coke well done!

I have symptoms of OCD. For example, I have to read every post in every thread of General Chat otherwise the sky will fall down.

Because of this I am fantastically organised and make sure that when I do something, EVERY small details is checked and rechecked again.

Here I am, in a tiny hostel room in Edinburgh sorting out (and nearly folding) my kit for the marathon tomorrow. I have honestly spent about an hour doing this. Finally happy with the small pile of clothes I have se out for myself it time to lay out the technology, GPS watch, timing chips, shades etc....

Only now do I realise that I have left the fvcking armband that holds my phone a home.

This is a major issue as I have recently spent about £50 and many, many hours creating a specific playlist for myself to listen to through the race, I had worked on song timings so that I knew I should be at a certain distance when a particular song comes on and I had lined up specific songs to push my through the distances where in the past I have struggled.

"The day is young" I hear you cry, "Go and buy another armband!"

Unfortunately, this is not possible as I have used a number of different brands in th past, ALL of which have chafed my arm away, apart from this particular brand that a client bough be from the USA. And I can't even remember what it's called.

Fanny-tastic.

I have symptoms of OCD. For example, I have to read every post in every thread of General Chat otherwise the sky will fall down.

Because of this I am fantastically organised and make sure that when I do something, EVERY small details is checked and rechecked again.

Here I am, in a tiny hostel room in Edinburgh sorting out (and nearly folding) my kit for the marathon tomorrow. I have honestly spent about an hour doing this. Finally happy with the small pile of clothes I have se out for myself it time to lay out the technology, GPS watch, timing chips, shades etc....

Only now do I realise that I have left the fvcking armband that holds my phone a home.

This is a major issue as I have recently spent about £50 and many, many hours creating a specific playlist for myself to listen to through the race, I had worked on song timings so that I knew I should be at a certain distance when a particular song comes on and I had lined up specific songs to push my through the distances where in the past I have struggled.

Unfortunately, this is not possible as I have used a number of different brands in th past, ALL of which have chafed my arm away, apart from this particular brand that a client bough be from the USA. And I can't even remember what it's called.

Fanny-tastic.

istock_000004918145_l.jpg

:thumbup:

Fanny-tastic.

Now is the time to believe in yourself, you aren't going to set a good time because of a playlist,you are going to set a good time because of all the training hard work and commitment you have put in.

If you can't use your iPod, then the crowd will lift you through the tough bits. It may even inspire you to a best time, just think the extra weight you won't be carrying.

Anyway good luck.

Oh and as for ocd and reading every thread in general chat, sorry mate, you must be sick of me :)

• Like 2

Fanny-tastic.

Good news is you haven't got O.C.D. If you had ,you would have checked your bag more thoroughly.

Anyway good luck tomorrow

Cheers chaps, as for you CPF, I've often thought tha you are one the top posters on here, even eleven I disagree with your point of view, Inhave to respect the work you put into your posts!

Funnily enough this was to be my first race with music, usually I run without, I wanted to see how it affected me, ah well!

Sounds like DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). Minute tears in your muscle fibres, a perfectly normal thing too.

depending on how bad you have it it will last between 1 & 3 days, light jogging and stretching can speed up the process.

Edit: press your finger into the sore part, if it hurts worse, its 99% going to be DOMS

Edited by blue-army-andy

Hooray Henry's.

What is it with them and their loud dominating southern voice which booms inside every room they enter demanding attention from everybody. Sporting an outfit of either full Ralph Lauren, Jack Wills or Abercrombie.

Edited by lavrentis

Being wide awake, despite being prescribed to sleeping tablets amongst others that supposed to make me to sleep.

:frusty::surrender:

Think I'll have to go see my doctor about getting something prescribed temporarily myself. My insomnia is back in a big way. Doesn't help with the random nature of my shift pattern to be honest. Going from doing nights to 4am starts then days then lates in the space of just over a week ain't good.

Massive weight loss - lost 2 stone in the past 11 months despite drinking more and not exercising. Having to find new jeans because none of my belts go tight enough to cover this loss in waist size is an expensive chore and takes me back to that old nightmare: clothes shopping.

Massive weight loss - lost 2 stone in the past 11 months despite drinking more and not exercising. Having to find new jeans because none of my belts go tight enough to cover this loss in waist size is an expensive chore and takes me back to that old nightmare: clothes shopping.

Not to be alarmist, but have you been to a quack about that? That kind of weight loss with no lifestyle change is at the least unusual.

Fvck that, just get yourself something sharp and pierce a new hole in your belt.