Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Doesn't really grind my gears as such, I find it quite funny tbh, but I used to think girls taking photos of themselves in a mirror with iPhones/Phones were bad....then I seen someone doing it with an iPad :crylaugh:

I don't know why but that really made me laugh. lol

Doesn't really grind my gears as such, I find it quite funny tbh, but I used to think girls taking photos of themselves in a mirror with iPhones/Phones were bad....then I seen someone doing it with an iPad :crylaugh:

It does seem odd, I dont have a mobile phone so maybe I'm out of touch here but there does seem a fascination with not only taking photos of everything and anything but having to involve yourself in it also, so the vast majority of photographs I see are someone arms stretched out trying to get themself in the photo usually with a silly expression on their face.

The use of #hashtag in speech.

For example, I heard two lads getting into a car discussing getting some petrol. One turned to the other and said " hashtag empty tank" ...I was expecting a laugh as if it was banter but no he was deadly serious.

#seriously??

For example, I heard two lads getting into a car discussing getting some petrol. One turned to the other and said " hashtag empty tank" ...I was expecting a laugh as if it was banter but no he was deadly serious.

#seriously??

Can't stand it, really can't stand it.

I'm with ronnie on this. I do have a mobile but it's hardly ever switched on. Hate the things.

And you're a tradesman?  :huh:

I'm sorry but not having a mobile in this day and age is just retarded. 

If people don't want to buy in to smart phones, apps, texting, picture messaging, mobile internet and all those other gimmicks then fair enough. But failing to take advantage of being able to be communicated with is just simply dumb, especially when people use ridiculous lines like "people got on fine without them once you know" as a justification.

We got on fine without cars, central heating and refrigerators at some point as well but you wouldn't go without one now.

What if your kids or your wife need to get hold of you in an emergency? 

I don't want people to be able to phone at any time. They always ring at the most inconvenient time and then when you answer it's often some knobhead trying to sell you something, I've got an answering machine on my landline or they can ring me at night. It's no biggy.

And you're a tradesman?  :huh:

I'm sorry but not having a mobile in this day and age is just retarded. 

If people don't want to buy in to smart phones, apps, texting, picture messaging, mobile internet and all those other gimmicks then fair enough. But failing to take advantage of being able to be communicated with is just simply dumb, especially when people use ridiculous lines like "people got on fine without them once you know" as a justification.

We got on fine without cars, central heating and refrigerators at some point as well but you wouldn't go without one now.

What if your kids or your wife need to get hold of you in an emergency? 

I have a work pager believe it or not, I should point out I'm not against other people having mobile phones... I just have no interest in them.

Edited by purpleronnie

I don't want people to be able to phone at any time. They always ring at the most inconvenient time and then when you answer it's often some knobhead trying to sell you something, I've got an answering machine on my landline or they can ring me at night. It's no biggy.

This is my dads reasoning too. He DOESN'T want to be contacted about work matters any time anywhere. I understand that though the argument falls flat on its face when you realise you can see who's ringing you then decide whether or not to answer it

• Like 2

It does seem odd, I dont have a mobile phone so maybe I'm out of touch here but there does seem a fascination with not only taking photos of everything and anything but having to involve yourself in it also, so the vast majority of photographs I see are someone arms stretched out trying to get themself in the photo usually with a silly expression on their face.

Its people posting pictures of their dinner that pisses me off. Seriously what is the point? ****ing ******.

Its people posting pictures of their dinner that pisses me off. Seriously what is the point? ****ing ******.

lol

This is massive in East Asia.

I've a number of Japanese and Taiwanese on my Facebook and my news feed is always rammed with pictures of meals. 

lol

This is massive in East Asia.

I've a number of Japanese and Taiwanese on my Facebook and my news feed is always rammed with pictures of meals.

Yeah my sister lives in Seoul and her bf is the same.

At least it's interesting looking food though as opposed to the roast some whore made 'like totally for the first time EVER' or 4 bottles of wine in a row. We've all seen a bottle of shitting blossom hill before you *****!

Yeah my sister lives in Seoul and her bf is the same.

At least it's interesting looking food though as opposed to the roast some whore made 'like totally for the first time EVER' or 4 bottles of wine in a row. We've all seen a bottle of shitting blossom hill before you *****!

Interesting looking food. Interesting tasting too - Korean food is nice, as long as it's made right.

That means you knock the dog over the head once, so it's unconscious - not dead - when you put it in the pot.  :ph34r:

Tried some kimchi once. Absolutely rank. Stank the house out for days. It certainly grinded my gears. I've never tasted anything as god awful as that shit ever, and I'm now sworn off Korean food forever. Japanese food on the other hand yes pls ok thnks.

Oh yeah, kimchi stinks like you wouldn't believe, depending on how it's prepared. Now imagine living with that smell there or thereabouts every day.

Some of the other stuff does smell too - used to go into the school canteen sometimes at lunches and the smell would rob me of all appetite. But the weird thing is most of it tastes good. A good bibimbap or calmeggisal is delicious.

Edited by leicsmac

#seriously??

Both of these!

I have someone on my Facebook that just takes pictures of himself. It does annoy me, I've never once taken a picture of myself through the mirror, and certainly wouldn't do it just to set a new profile picture.

And yeah, hashtag's are starting to annoy me as well. I was actually talking about this to my mate the other day, people do it for like everything.

Why does the UAF have a Jihad flag????

BLs6rtdCMAIHNQO.jpg

There's a group that commonly counter-protest EDL that are predominantly Muslim youths isn't there? I can't remember what they're called but I'm sure they were in Leicester along with the UAF when the EDL invaded.

There's a group that commonly counter-protest EDL that are predominantly Muslim youths isn't there? I can't remember what they're called but I'm sure they were in Leicester along with the UAF when the EDL invaded.

Shocking tbh.