Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

No it isn't. It does take a certain kind of right-wing disabled to demonise all Muslims for the actions of a psychotic, misguided few, though.

I suppose if I argue you'll provide me with one of those examples of a Muslim saying something civilised that the lefties love so much. Here, look! We've found one! We've found a Muslim who isn't an evil barbaric psychopath! See we told you they're not all bad. Should be on the front pages! "MUSLIM MAKES VALID CONTRIBUTION TO SENSIBLE DEBATE".

• Like 2

I don't understand people who need to switch on the lights when the room they're in is already fully covered by daylight.

My mum constantly leaves the light on when the sun is shining through, never understood it, I guess I can't go switching lights off it other peoples houses...although I am tempted.

Edited by purpleronnie

Yourself and acooling regularly complain about UKIP's image as racists and then regularly make racist or bigoted remarks on this forum (or you let him speak up and take the rap and just give him a cheeky +1 instead.)

You can't really have it both ways, you know.

And before you get petulant and ask, no I can't be arsed searching back through your posting history to quote examples but yes I definitely am correct.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with a Welshman.  SEE WHAT YOU'VE MADE ME DO, RACISTS?

On a serious note, what took the biscuit w/r to me taking lav's political views seriously was when he basically said "UKIP's biggest issue is with Europe therefore there is no way they are ill-informed on the subject".  No cited argument, no personal view on what the EU problem is, just an unquestioning acceptance and obedience.  Must have been a damn charismatic leaflet that got pushed through his letterbox.

Likewise I cba to look up the exact quote, but I know my paraphrasing isn't far off because I was so stunned by the original post that I had to re-read it several times.

Got a good mate of mine telling me about him and his GF, been apart for 2 weeks apparently and he's really depressed. Cry me a river ffs. Some other girl asked him out this Sat and he's really depressed so he says. I've held back for the time as he seems to really value my opinion but might just tell him the truth of what he should do. He's really attached to this girl he was with tho

Got a good mate of mine telling me about him and his GF, been apart for 2 weeks apparently and he's really depressed. Cry me a river ffs. Some other girl asked him out this Sat and he's really depressed so he says. I've held back for the time as he seems to really value my opinion but might just tell him the truth of what he should do. He's really attached to this girl he was with tho

You're all heart. With any luck he'll realise he should seek advice elsewhere. 

• Like 2

You probably won't like this but I think you need to realise your friend is a bit 'fragile', for lack of a better word, and is probably feeling quite sensitive. He was so in to the girl so no wonder he's feeling a bit depressed (also, for lack of a better word). 

There's a reason he values your opinion but I don't think he'll appreciate such harsh words right now. If he's still feeling sore (I really have to choose better words), give it a bit of time before you give him such a reality check. 

On another website I frequent, the subject of the WC and USA never having won it came up.  A few Americans on the site felt the need to google it because it seemed inconceivable to them that the USA, a mediocre footballing nation in the eyes of every other country, had never won a World Cup.  How do you become so self-aggrandisingly deluded?

Guest MattP

Good mate of mine broke up with his Mrs in December and I went up on the karaoke and sang 'lonely this Christmas'.

Everyone was pissing themselves but it all ended up in the Aviary (as it was at the time) and he was fine after that.

Edited by MattP

Good mate of mine broke up with his Mrs in December and I went up on the karaoke and sang 'lonely this Christmas'.

Everyone was pissing themselves but it all ended up in the Aviary (as it was at the time) and he was fine after that.

lol !!!

My mates alright now, just being a bit of a drama queen. I won't let that stop other people on here forming an opinion though :)

Guest MattP

lol !!!

My mates alright now, just being a bit of a drama queen. I won't let that stop other people on here forming an opinion though :)

You know how tough love goes down on here lol

Edited by MattP

lol !!!

I honestly couldn't give a flying **** but if you can't see why people on here are a bit surprised by your reaction to your mate then you're a bit of a weirdo.

Taking the piss out of him a bit and giving him some banter a la MattP is one thing, that's my kind of humour, made me chuckle. But coming on an internet board and complaining about how much it's pissing you off that he's daring to be upset is a bit ****ing different.

I'd love to have been over all of my bad news in life in under two weeks. Crikey. 

Seriously? You're complaining that a mate isn't over a break-up after 2 weeks? There's a certain degree of dark humour to be taken from them (like MattP and his mate, or that the day after I got dumped I had to do the music order for work and 4 out of 5 new chart entries were about failed love) but still, getting over bad events after 2 weeks seems very unlikely, and if you can - what's your secret?

Seriously? You're complaining that a mate isn't over a break-up after 2 weeks? There's a certain degree of dark humour to be taken from them (like MattP and his mate, or that the day after I got dumped I had to do the music order for work and 4 out of 5 new chart entries were about failed love) but still, getting over bad events after 2 weeks seems very unlikely, and if you can - what's your secret?

Not being a complete and utter ****ing pussy I imagine.

It's fine to feel down. For the first couple of weeks it's fine to drag your mates down with you. But after that a bit if putting on a brave face is necessary then that's what you do. You don't mope around for months on end. Your ex-girlfriend certainly won't be. They tend to get over it within hours and are often knocking on Tyrone's door as early as the following day.

Edited by MooseBreath

I honestly couldn't give a flying **** but if you can't see why people on here are a bit surprised by your reaction to your mate then you're a bit of a weirdo.

Taking the piss out of him a bit and giving him some banter a la MattP is one thing, that's my kind of humour, made me chuckle. But coming on an internet board and complaining about how much it's pissing you off that he's daring to be upset is a bit ****ing different.

I'd love to have been over all of my bad news in life in under two weeks. Crikey. 

Err, what? lol

Okay then, I'm sorry to my mate who I kept anonymous that I posted vague details about his story.

Edited by lavrentis

It's fine to feel down. For the first couple of weeks it's fine to drag your mates down with you. But after that a bit if putting on a brave face is necessary then that's what you do. You don't mope around for months on end. Your ex-girlfriend certainly won't be. They tend to get over it within hours and are often knocking on Tyrone's door as early as the following day.

That's ****ing terrible advice, and just to emphasise how bad it is - that's what I used to do, bottle it up and not let people see how I really was, and look at me now - an emotionally stunted cynic who borderline hates everyone and copes with problems by drinking whisky like it's water.

That's ****ing terrible advice, and just to emphasise how bad it is - that's what I used to do, bottle it up and not let people see how I really was, and look at me now - an emotionally stunted cynic who borderline hates everyone and copes with problems by drinking whisky like it's water.

Ideal for a GP career

• Like 1

Guest MattP

Nah, you're just a young lad finding his feet. Crying for months over some daft bint will only cause embarrassment later when you realise how pathetically you were behaving.

As one of the thirty plus brigade now I have to say I agree with that.

Nah, you're just a young lad finding his feet. Crying for months over some daft bint will only cause embarrassment later when you realise how pathetically you were behaving.

Yep,

I'm embarrassed to say I ws so cut up when the "love-of-my-life" dumped me that I wrote to "dear Dierdre" :blush:

Wow, you have a pretty poor opinion of women. Have you thought about counselling?

• Like 2

true, however that doesn't change that I'm a bit of a train wreck at the best of times, in part due to never actually dealing with bereavements, just pushing them down and hiding them until I was old enough to drink.

Oh, and assuming that's directed at me, don't call my ex a daft bint, she's still my friend.