Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Nope, I'm with TYOTF on that one Stan. Admittedly it was a bit cliché to say, I only came in for some milk, but I'd at least give a wry smile of acknowledgement. It's not unknown for me to say stuff to complete strangers in the supermarket (I'd like to think far more witty, but possibly not), or even to start dancing in some decent music comes over the tannoy. I am quite embarrassing to go shopping with.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

Nope, I'm with TYOTF on that one Stan. Admittedly it was a bit cliché to say, I only came in for some milk, but I'd at least give a wry smile of acknowledgement. It's not unknown for me to say stuff to complete strangers in the supermarket (I'd like to think far more witty, but possibly not), or even to start dancing in some decent music comes over the tannoy. I am quite embarrassing to go shopping with.

I've been known to dance too lol

I'm with Stan on this. I've been told by complete strangers on a number of occasions to "cheer up". I'm here to do my fooking shopping as quickly and painless as possible you ****wit, not to giggle my way around the aisles. The only purpose their comment serves is to make my have a sudden urge to repeatedly ram my shopping trolley over them until they beg for mercy. :angry: 

That said, I must look miserable as sin for so many people to have commented. lol:blush: 

I'm with Stan on this. I've been told by complete strangers on a number of occasions to "cheer up". I'm here to do my fooking shopping as quickly and painless as possible you ****wit, not to giggle my way around the aisles. The only purpose their comment serves is to make my have a sudden urge to repeatedly ram my shopping trolley over them until they beg for mercy. :angry:

That said, I must look miserable as sin for so many people to have commented. lol:blush:

I take my shopping inspiration from 'The People of Walmart', that way I can guarantee someone will speak to me! ;)

4374.jpg

Not as bad a people who do the equvalent of an 'emergency stop' on foot in the middle of the street/shopping aisle.

I swear one of these day i'm just gonna keep on walking and push them to the ground, or run them over with a shopping trolley.

Even so not as bad as a group of people (often fat) who take up the whole of the area in front of you and make it impossible to get past.

I don't understand people who need to switch on the lights when the room they're in is already fully covered by daylight.

Agreed.

I'm one of those that will turn everything off at every opportunity to save, especially lighting.

People who use the word 'rape' to mean a) have your facebook account hacked into or b) easily beaten in a sporting competition. FFS get a grip.

Not sure where the sporting term comes from, but if you check the dictionary definitions of rape, one of them is wanton destruction or spoiling of something.

Not sure where the sporting term comes from, but if you check the dictionary definitions of rape, one of them is wanton destruction or spoiling of something.

True...but just heard someone from my five-a-side team say yesterday "we got absolutely raped last week" - bit excessive innit?

Edited by bovril

Flowolf just reminded me of something in another thread.

When I fill forms in and it is asked what country I am from the only choice that is close is United Kingdom.

For the record UK is not a country.

This is embarrassing, agreeing with Flowolf. :P:blush: