Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I have done 'something' to my back when ****ed the other night. I don't know what where or how but ****ing hell I've never been in this much pain. Every movement hurts. Even breathing makes me want to cry a little bit.

And I'm goin to Malia on Tuesday. Not an ideal time to be in this much pain!

Just found out with our current mortgage deal we were paying off £300 a year on the actual mortgage, the rest was interest lol

Are you in the same situation with your mortgage as my friends whereby they are paying offthe majority of the interest early on. This is how they explained it to me, they got the mortgage they worked out how much interest that would be over the 20 years, then the first 5 years of payments will pay off 90% off the interest of the 20 years, and the payments and 10% on the house, then the next 15 years of payments will pay off 10% of the interest and 90% of the house.

Is that normal? Does that even make sense?

Edit: so my point is if so then whilst it may not seen like you are paying much off on the house you are paying off more than you think as you are paying off interest early.

Edited by Captain Pancake Face

The obsession with home ownership is part of the reason for the GFC, There are pros and cons to both buying and renting, the biggest problem is people believing they MUST buy a house.

If you want to buy and see the benefits, then go ahead, acknowledge that you will pay extortionate amounts of interest, but, if all goes well you will end up with a relatively valuable asset and probably more importantly you will hopefully have paid it off and wont have that monthly cost in your old age.

Keep in mind though, that nothing is an asset until it is realised, so unless you plan to sell the house one day (and not buy another), its only your kids asset, not yours :)

If people choose to  (or have no option but to) rent, then as a decent society we should help in ensuring that suitable properties are available, unfortunately many greedy folk have seized on opportuntiy and by buying up and renting out many houses they are increasing the cost to buy and at the same time increasing the cost to rent.

Are you in the same situation with your mortgage as my friends whereby they are paying offthe majority of the interest early on. This is how they explained it to me, they got the mortgage they worked out how much interest that would be over the 20 years, then the first 5 years of payments will pay off 90% off the interest of the 20 years, and the payments and 10% on the house, then the next 15 years of payments will pay off 10% of the interest and 90% of the house.

Edit: so my point is if so then whilst it may not seen like you are paying much off on the house you are paying off more than you think as you are paying off interest early.

It's always been said to me that in the first couple of years you're only virtually paying off interest. But when you've paid £450 a month for 23 months to get told youve took approximately £600 off the actual mortgage, it makes you realise lol

But mortgages are like car insurance I believe, they only ever get cheaper. Or certainly at least the interest rates decrease meaning the longer time progresses, the more per month you pay off from the mortgage rather than interest , the quicker your LTV goes down, the better deal you'll get next time you need a new deal.

It's always been said to me that in the first couple of years you're only virtually paying off interest. But when you've paid £450 a month for 23 months to get told youve took approximately £600 off the actual mortgage, it makes you realise lol

But mortgages are like car insurance I believe, they only ever get cheaper. Or certainly at least the interest rates decrease meaning the longer time progresses, the more per month you pay off from the mortgage rather than interest , the quicker your LTV goes down, the better deal you'll get next time you need a new deal.

Just bought my first flat this weekend, I can afford it but it will be tight - particularly in the beginning but down the line as my wage increases I should be able to make overpayments to make it go down quicker.

It's a 25 year mortgage.

We just took what we could afford at the time but the meeting with our advisor last night has definitely opened our eyes to reducing it to 23 years. The best thing about it is my wages are shit atm and in September they should go up a very considerable amount making life incredibly easy.

The standard of driving changes everyday here...

So yesterday, was going around a roundabout (standard, I do that route twice a day) and a tractor pulls out of his exit, straight in front of me (I literally had to stop on a roundabout). If I, or someone, had been going faster the car would have hit his load he was carrying.

This morning, (about 15mins ago), pull into the middle lane so I can turn right into my estate (the estate is off a main road, so the people coming out of estate have to give way to those who turn right into it and by middle lane I mean it's a turn right junction so you can cross a main road - it blocks those coming out effectively) and a woman in a BMW just comes straight across me. Again, if I would have been just two inches closer maybe, bang... Never seen anything like it. The woman behind her is laughing at me (one of those when you think well she/he is an idiot).

Annoying to be fair.

Most BMW drivers are annoying to say tge least.

What really boils my blood is when you stop to let oncoming traffic through to then have some absolute willy puller behind you who overtakes you and shoots through before allowing the oncoming traffic I'd signalled to cone through past!

Are you a traffic light? No? So what makes you think it's fine for you to stop all of the traffic behind you because you feel like letting someone out?

Fvckinf traffic regulators, cvnts.

Are you a traffic light? No? So what makes you think it's fine for you to stop all of the traffic behind you because you feel like letting someone out?

Fvckinf traffic regulators, cvnts.

I think we've found your mysterious BMW driver...

• Like 2