Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Point taken but if I didn't spend time searching for the stories they may not be seen at all unless another poster searched. Well I am retiring from the job. I was not very good at it.

I ask for no leaving bonus for failing. :)

Don't give up Ken , we ( some of us anyway)think you are campaigning for a very worthy cause .

No-one is forced to read your posts and if it benefits your cause (and yourself), then its  all good to keep "spreading the word" .

I hope  you keep the heart to do so . 

Maybe try to keep it into more relevant threads though  :thumbup:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Grammar Nazi but there's only so many times you can read "took" instead of "taken" before it starts to grate.

To illustrate my point, this is what it would look like if certain people here were Hollywood marketing proofreaders...

bdwmit.jpg

it would be better if it said - "Now. He's tooking them down."

Could we have a Ken's Soapbox thread?

His own little bit if Hyde Park Corner on FT!

I'm really not bothered anymore.

Anyone is welcome to tune into the radio station. You won't all like what you hear but you can call the presenters anthing you want. They won't hear you. I just ask you to think about what is said before ranting they put the point across much better than me. Maybe you will agree with them and only the minority will disagree. I am sure that is the case as you all are decent people.

The show is just on the internet for now. The next RSL could be in January. Hopefully by then I will have had enough practice. It is on Panj Pani radio which is part of the NHS Trust and helps Mental Illness.

The woman I delivered to a 8.20 this morning who came to the door bleary eyed in her dressing gown and grabbed the parcel out of my hand muttering, "for goodness sake."

I very nearly knocked on her door again to tell her that the words she were look for were, "thank you."

The woman I delivered to a 8.20 this morning who came to the door bleary eyed in her dressing gown and grabbed the parcel out of my hand muttering, "for goodness sake."

I very nearly knocked on her door again to tell her that the words she were look for were, "thank you."

Maybe she'd got frustrated waiting for the arrival of her new Rabbit.

Maybe she had just got to sleep after working all night savings kids lives in Paediatric A&E.

Or possibly had a big night with the girls.

Guest MattP

'Newsagents' that stock only a selection of the market and look at you like you are from planet Mars when you ask for a copy of The Times.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Grammar Nazi but there's only so many times you can read "took" instead of "taken" before it starts to grate.

To illustrate my point, this is what it would look like if certain people here were Hollywood marketing proofreaders...

bdwmit.jpg

And surely the sequal to Saw should have been Seen?

• Like 2

Maybe she had just got to sleep after working all night savings kids lives in Paediatric A&E.

Or possibly had a big night with the girls.

From where I was delivering it was more likely to have been up all night blowing her benefit money on cheap booze and drugs

From where I was delivering it was more likely to have been up all night blowing her benefit money on cheap booze and drugs

Brauny Frith or Neston Gardens?

(If anyone lives at either, my sincere apologies, they're absolutely lovely places. You're so fortunate.)

Tonsils.

I've never had a problem with them before but last Friday after a week of thinking I had ear ache I was hospitalised in Blackpool Vic overnight with a Quinsy (abscess on the tonsil). A night and day on the IV Antibiotics and I felt much better so they released me on Saturday afternoon but come Sunday night it had come back and by Monday morning I was back in hospital.

​I was discharged again yesterday afternoon after a further 48hrs of IV Antibiotics, needle aspirations, incisions and drainages and this time feel so much better, although my arms and hands are black and blue as for some strange reason hospital staff struggle to put cannula's in at the 1st attempt.

Anyway fingers crossed it stays away this time without the need for a tonsillectomy.

My bro calling me to say my 8-year-old neice has just been confronted by a naked fat bloke as she walked the dog in a field full of rapeseed. Luckily she got away but not after the bloke had said to her "mmmm British kids, so much more fresh and moist than foreign kids."

• Like 4