Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Damn straight, they're bad enough on their periods as it is, the last thing you want to do is give them access to guns during it.But seriously, that's a complete load of crap.

Theyre allowed in the artillery and you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of their guns!

It's not crap though. Yes there are girls out there who stayed in and have done what I failed to do, but whilst being in the army is tough full stop, the infantry is a completely different kettle of fish.

Not if you knew your neighbour well. Might bother me if my neighbour was a cvnt. Seems this guy has had enough punishment already.

Exactly. He's being medically discharged next week anyway, as a,result of his memory loss I believe. So one on hand the MOD admit his issues concerning memory and his accident that led him to being in a coma whilst on the other hand theyre not taking these things into account when on trial. Double standards?

If you read 'mike Coburns' book Soldier 5 and more specifically about the issues he had in trying to get it published it gives you a sense on how the MOD act when they choose.

We're talking about a sergeant- a rank not to be sniffed at- in the best regiment in the world. A highly professional soldier to say the least. Its important to remember that the ammo and gun wasn't MOD property, it was given to him by an Iraqi Officer as a gesture of goodwill.

Major Winters and thousands of other soldiers in WW2 received guns as forms of surrender which they kept after the war.

The issue I believe is that it was a firearm which is obviously illegal in the UK. But his method of having the firearm in his possession is a far cry from someone like that thug dale creig who killed the 2 coppers

It's pretty obvious why women aren't in front line infantry or the special forces.

You wouldn't put a woman in a race with Usain Bolt or Tyson Gay, would you? Or a mens professional football match?

The strongest, fastest and most athletic women are not going to compete with their male counterparts in our lifetime.

It's pretty obvious why women aren't in front line infantry or the special forces.

You wouldn't put a woman in a race with Usain Bolt or Tyson Gay, would you? Or a mens professional football match?

The strongest, fastest and most athletic women are not going to compete with their male counterparts in our lifetime.

wowzers, bit honest for you that.

u feelin ok?

Brauny Frith or Neston Gardens?

(If anyone lives at either, my sincere apologies, they're absolutely lovely places. You're so fortunate.)

I was brought up on Brauny Frith :dry:

Mind you I moved away 20 years ago, but it was already headed downhill. The building of Kirby Frith was the death knell I think.

(If anyone live in Kirby Frith, my sincere apologies... no sorry - look, if you're sane GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!)

It's pretty obvious why women aren't in front line infantry or the special forces.You wouldn't put a woman in a race with Usain Bolt or Tyson Gay, would you? Or a mens professional football match?The strongest, fastest and most athletic women are not going to compete with their male counterparts in our lifetime.

This. And quite a good anology too in that many infantry would be just as fit as above sportsmen.

Will people stop using other people's avatars? Finners has got MattP's old pic and Moosey's got Ken's . I keep doing a double take when I'm reading some of the opinions before I've realised who said what.

Why is it?

Women in general may not be as physically fit as men but that's no reason to exclude them from attempting to join. If they aren't fit enough then the selection process will weed them out, and if they get through it then clearly they're good enough to go and kill people who have stuff we want. defend our nation.

Women in general may not be as physically fit as men but that's no reason to exclude them from attempting to join. If they aren't fit enough then the selection process will weed them out, and if they get through it then clearly they're good enough to go and kill people who have stuff we want. defend our nation.

Sorry but you don't know what you're on about. In basic training some places are mixed, AFC Harrogate, Sandhurst amongst others. After phase 1 you go to phase 2 which is where you learn your trade. Infantrymen go to Catterick for example, whilst The Artillery go elsewhere. If women were able to attempt phase 2 at Catterick and then fail, they're taking up spaces that couldve been used for blokes.

I also believe possibly rightly or wrongly there is some hygiene aspect to do with them being on the blob. Unable to shower regularly or whatever. I may well be talking shit on that though.

Sorry but you don't know what you're on about. In basic training some places are mixed, AFC Harrogate, Sandhurst amongst others. After phase 1 you go to phase 2 which is where you learn your trade. Infantrymen go to Catterick for example, whilst The Artillery go elsewhere. If women were able to attempt phase 2 at Catterick and then fail, they're taking up spaces that couldve been used for blokes.

I also believe possibly rightly or wrongly there is some hygiene aspect to do with them being on the blob. Unable to shower regularly or whatever. I may well be talking shit on that though.

So if women fail it's bad because they took spaces that could have been used for blokes, but if blokes fail, who cares? Aaah, good old sexism, just can't beat it.

So if women fail it's bad because they took spaces that could have been used for blokes, but if blokes fail, who cares? Aaah, good old sexism, just can't beat it.

If blokes fail they're just weedy. lol You really can't wait to type anything that ends in the letters 'ism' can you?

I've had arguments with you before about stuff for it to then turn out that you have no knowledge whatsoever on the subject.

Guest MattP

If you've got a womb to be able to carry a child, then you're not a man sonny, so don't worry about not being able to get it.

Sickening thing is a day will come where some twisted weirdo Doctor will be able to perform it.

Sickening thing is a day will come where some twisted weirdo Doctor will be able to perform it.

Well, I'd say that'd be a pretty good day, since it'd mean gender reassignment surgery would have reached the final hurdle, but it's unlikely - the male and female skeletons are fairly different to accommodate the possibility of a fetus, not to mention the differences in hormones needed to actually sustain a pregnancy.