Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Actually... even more than flies... mosquitos. I've 2 mossie bites on my forearm that itch like crazy and are red hot to the touch. :@

Don't even start. I'm currently sat in a cottage in Keswick. Did a scramble up a waterfall yesterday and must have encountered every fly in the Lake District on the way up.

I can still feel them now, it's horrendous. I've the odd bite on my arms and neck but my legs are literally polka dot.

Don't even start. I'm currently sat in a cottage in Keswick. Did a scramble up a waterfall yesterday and must have encountered every fly in the Lake District on the way up.

I can still feel them now, it's horrendous. I've the odd bite on my arms and neck but my legs are literally polka dot.

Well if you're gonna be attacked by them The Lake District is preferable to Leicester ATM.. :P:chant:

Still in traffic on soar valley way.

Bursting for a slash

Trebled my commute to work this morning.. I was quite looking foward to a traffic free drive in as the kids were off, but no the trafic god decided to **** us all over again. I hope Aylestone road isn't closed for long.

On the builders thing...drove past a group earlier lifting large planks of wood, they were topless, wearing shorts (embracing the heat) but were wearing 'snapbacks' ????

So they aren't concerned with any safety whatsoever in terms of proper boots, wearing high vis near the road etc etc but sh1ttttttt they didn't wanna get a sun burnt head!!

Oooo and also...the stupid oxygen thieves that huff and puff in shop queues when they fail to realise there will be big queues on one of the hottest days in the year, over a weekend, when the kids are off!

Customers in general (people working in retail will back me up)

Just because you work in a shop doesn't mean you are automatically written off as a human being and you have an Minus IQ! So don't talk to us like crap! Particularly when you only drive a nice car because you did a year at college doing plumbing and now you work for your dad and are heard talking about how you ripped off an old lady whilst walking around the shop!!

Edited by morris1234

On the builders thing...drove past a group earlier lifting large planks of wood, they were topless, wearing shorts (embracing the heat) but were wearing 'snapbacks' ????

So they aren't concerned with any safety whatsoever in terms of proper boots, wearing high vis near the road etc etc but sh1ttttttt they didn't wanna get a sun burnt head!!

Boots yeh I agree with. But there's no real need for hi vis jackets certainly not on jobs I go to. Normal pedestrians don't wear them. It's a bit different if you're on a big site with JCBs going around etc obviously

Boots yeh I agree with. But there's no real need for hi vis jackets certainly not on jobs I go to. Normal pedestrians don't wear them. It's a bit different if you're on a big site with JCBs going around etc obviously

Yeah I agree especially in the middle of the day but it was on a main road with two large vans and near a petrol station turn off so unless you were on te opposite side of the road you had no idea if they were taking something off of the van!

Oooo and also...the stupid oxygen thieves that huff and puff in shop queues when they fail to realise there will be big queues on one of the hottest days in the year, over a weekend, when the kids are off!

Customers in general (people working in retail will back me up)

Just because you work in a shop doesn't mean you are automatically written off as a human being and you have an Minus IQ! So don't talk to us like crap! Particularly when you only drive a nice car because you did a year at college doing plumbing and now you work for your dad and are heard talking about how you ripped off an old lady whilst walking around the shop!!

Tbh I even question boots, I wear them because otherwise I wouldn't be allowed to work but nothing has EVER fell on my toes, on my foot yes, but there is no steel/protection their is there! (You couldn't really do it either, else obviously you'd not be able to walk/bend your foot) but as for steel toe caps, nothing ever seems to fall on toes, never for me anyway.

As for heat in offices, well it's one of the many reason I couldn't and wouldn't ever work in an office. I go into the office at work in the winter and it's like a sauna, no wonder in the office (At my current work and previous work places) people become ill so easy during the winter going from sauna like conditions to freezing cold outside.

Edited by Matt

Tbh I even question boots, I wear them because otherwise I wouldn't be allowed to work but nothing has EVER fell on my toes, on my foot yes, but there is no steel/protection their is there! (You couldn't really do it either, else obviously you'd not be able to walk/bend your foot) but as for steel toe caps, nothing ever seems to fall on toes, never for me anyway.

As for heat in offices, well it's one of the many reason I couldn't and wouldn't ever work in an office. I go into the office at work in the winter and it's like a sauna, no wonder in the office (At my current work and previous work places) people become ill so easy during the winter going from sauna like conditions to freezing cold outside.

I find the boots handy for resting radiators on instead of risking them being scratched. I wear trainers when I can at people's houses etc. I disagree with hard hats too unless you're working outside.

Gimps at work moaning about the heat. Air con on full whack, forcing me to work outside on the grass by the car park again. Only this time I'm joined by about a dozen others. A proper trend setter. Only people left in the office are the sad cvnts who hate the heat because it reminds them how they have no friends to enjoy it with and no life in general.

• Like 1

Gimps at work moaning about the heat. Air con on full whack, forcing me to work outside on the grass by the car park again. Only this time I'm joined by about a dozen others. A proper trend setter. Only people left in the office are the sad cvnts who hate the heat because it reminds them how they have no friends to enjoy it with and no life in general.

Reminds me of the nerds at school who on a hot day would be inside reading What car? magazine while the rest of us were outside playing football and trying to impress the girls.

Reminds me of the nerds at school who on a hot day would be inside reading What car? magazine while the rest of us were outside playing football and trying to impress the girls.

Our science teacher used to let all the geeky boys play chess and Pokemon cards in her classroom during lunch. I'm usually a live and let live kind of guy but each and every one of these sad fookers would bring a packed lunch and stink out the place and I had to sit there after break trying not to puke up at the smell of some pap smear's egg mayonnaise. :sick:

Our science teacher used to let all the geeky boys play chess and Pokemon cards in her classroom during lunch. I'm usually a live and let live kind of guy but each and every one of these sad fookers would bring a packed lunch and stink out the place and I had to sit there after break trying not to puke up at the smell of some pap smear's egg mayonnaise. :sick:

Egg mayo.  :sick:

At least our lot brought their chess sets outside during the summer.