Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

My missus !!

I found a long blond hair on my jacket and I said to her,  " Oh, where did that come from?"

She said "it's probably just blown on the wind  or something"

Dammit woman I am still a man !!

Can't you even consider that I might be capable of having an affair !! :angry:

My missus !!

I found a long blond hair on my jacket and I said to her, " Oh, where did that come from?"

She said "it's probably just blown on the wind or something"

Dammit woman I am still a man !!

Can't you even consider that I might be capable of having an affair !! :angry:

Maybe it came from Torje, your wife's Norweigian Viking bit on the side.

Maybe it came from Torje, your wife's Norweigian Viking bit on the side.

Yes !
Come to think of it, she has been taking an awful lot of skiing lessons considering we're booked to go to Tenerife again this year  :unsure:

Orange and their call centres. Perhaps I've been spoilt being with O2 so long but I was so used to being able to speak to someone who spoke and understood English.

I had to set up my password on the phone the other day. 'Leicester' I said. 'ok sir and are you spelling that Lestur?'

'no, I'm spelling it as Leicester, as in the city'

'oh ok sir I have that as lima echo india DELTA echo sierra tango echo romeo?'

No you ****ing retard!

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

Orange and their call centres. Perhaps I've been spoilt being with O2 so long but I was so used to being able to speak to someone who spoke and understood English.

I had to set up my password on the phone the other day. 'Leicester' I said. 'ok sir and are you spelling that Lestur?'

'no, I'm spelling it as Leicester, as in the city'

'oh ok sir I have that as lima echo india DELTA echo sierra tango echo romeo?'

No you ****ing retard!

I'm the other way round. One of the reasons of leaving O2 in the end was their shoddy customer service when wanting to renew my contract.

Orange, on the other hand, have always been quite kind to me!

So I've read that the Government has announced plans to provide £60million for a new rocket engine, but thousands of British people still sleep on the streets and our OAPs, some of which served in the forces, still continue to struggle in the winter. Thousands of essential items could be brought with £60million, but taxes and cuts will still increase because 'we have no money'.

So I've read that the Government has announced plans to provide £60million for a new rocket engine, but thousands of British people still sleep on the streets and our OAPs, some of which served in the forces, still continue to struggle in the winter. Thousands of essential items could be brought with £60million, but taxes and cuts will still increase because 'we have no money'.

I can think of other places far more worthy of £60 million being trimmed than a project that could net us billions in contracts in the not-too-distant future.

The £100 billion being spent on a nuclear 'deterrent' that actually isn't deterring anyone right now might be a start.

Guest MattP

I can think of other places far more worthy of £60 million being trimmed than a project that could net us billions in contracts in the not-too-distant future.

The £100 billion being spent on a nuclear 'deterrent' that actually isn't deterring anyone right now might be a start.

How do you know that?

There was an open letter to the Times and the Telepgraph today saying Britain should keep it, it was signed by the last 6 defence secretaries and the last 2 heads of NATO.

Why should I toss the advice of those away for one of a party that seems to get every decision wrong?

How do you know that?

There was an open letter to the Times and the Telepgraph today saying Britain should keep it, it was signed by the last 6 defence secretaries and the last 2 heads of NATO.

Why should I toss the advice of those away for one of a party that seems to get every decision wrong?

I think we've had this discussion before Matt, and I outlined my reasons. Of course if there are those more knowledgeable than me with no vested interest saying that it should be kept, then fair enough.

In any case the Reaction Engines project (which is what I assume Fox92 was referring to) could be the biggest game changer in human transportation and exploration since the Wright Brothers, not to mention all the offshoot projects it could lead to. It is most definitely worth investing in right now. This country has a long and sad history of making amazing scientific and technological breakthroughs and then either mothballing them as they produce no immediate profit or selling them on to another country who then makes a fortune.

Edited by leicsmac

Tbh I even question boots, I wear them because otherwise I wouldn't be allowed to work but nothing has EVER fell on my toes, on my foot yes, but there is no steel/protection their is there! (You couldn't really do it either, else obviously you'd not be able to walk/bend your foot) but as for steel toe caps, nothing ever seems to fall on toes, never for me anyway.

As for heat in offices, well it's one of the many reason I couldn't and wouldn't ever work in an office. I go into the office at work in the winter and it's like a sauna, no wonder in the office (At my current work and previous work places) people become ill so easy during the winter going from sauna like conditions to freezing cold outside.

no its being locked in the sauna breathing in your colleague(s) virus

Edited by Royston.

We'll probably just give it to America for free anyway.

Yeah, what a pisstake eh? 

And that does grind my gears...we have some of the best minds in the world at coming up with amazing ideas in this country, but we hardly ever actually see the full benefit of any of them, mainly for the two reasons I've said above.

Anyone that thinks we should get rid of our independent nuclear capability does not know anything about history...

Don`t go to a gun fight with a knife.

Which established nuclear power are we going to end up standing alone against then? 

I posted this on another thread but I'll post it here for clarity: 

I'm not advocating that the entire Western world gives up its nukes (the NK's or Iran - who don't have any and won't for a long time - won't give up theirs), I'm saying that our deterrent is too big and too expensive. And we're always going to be aligned with a nuclear power anyway, so why do we need such a large amount of missiles? What exactly are we deterring against? 

At the present time if someone launched a nuke at the UK they'd probably launch at the US too and the US would respond in kind. Even if they just launched at us and didn't launch at the US as well the US would be treaty-bound to respond on our behalf (if we had no nukes). And if in the future we have some kind of falling out with the US and lost that treaty (not that I think that'll happen), we'd either align ourselves with another nuclear power or assert total neutrality. And if that happened - again if someone was launching at the UK, they'd be launching at other places too and everyone would be screwed.

I think a massive nuclear deterrent in this country is a massive anachronistic waste of money in this day and age because both the threat of widespread nuclear war is really really small, and if it does break out everyone is going to get involved and whether we have nukes or not isn't going to matter to the survivors of the resultant holocaust.

The only reason I can think of for keeping it is the research and military jobs it sustains.