Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

We should get better at doing that ourselves. Better education on birth control and breaking the grip the hardcore religions have in Africa would be a start. But that's a digression.

Education about birth control is fine.

The issue is the second/third generation scroungers of females who grow up never intending to work but to have kids young = benefits and try to trap their scummy man (invariably doesn't work)

It changing attitudes and motivations which is the challenge, not throwing money at sex ed. again.

The Chaffinch egg is one of my favourites.

large_750016.jpg

That there is a thing of beauty.

Total beauty...

I was lucky enough to find one of these last year:

Country-Diary-Archive--Me-008.jpg

I Was watching over a breeding pair of Hen Harrier and kept seeing the Merlin fly over, so I tracked it to the nest site. (this isn't a photo of the actual site)

Edited by jgtuk
  • Like 1

Total beauty...

I was lucky enough to find one of these last year:

Country-Diary-Archive--Me-008.jpg

I Was watching over a breeding pair of Hen Harrier and kept seeing the Merlin fly over, so I tracked it to the nest site. (this isn't a photo of the actual site)

Nice, very nice.

Used to go birds nesting when I was a kid, the family collection had over 100 different species. Great days  :)

Guest ttfn

Can't stand Moyles myself, prefer a bit of Chris Evans on 2.

Don't mind Zane Lowe though.

Most people > Evans >>>>>>>>>>> Moyles

Guest ttfn

Haha, yeah

Most people >>>>>>>>>>> most "celebrities"

BBC must be desperate if they're considering a return for Moyles. He's in his 40s and was presenting on a station aimed at young people. Not to mention that the fat bastard used his show as an excuse to rant at the BBC to pay his alleged £40k per month salary two weeks late when they were having cash flow issues and having to lay off staff in the midst of the biggest financial crisis in 80 years.

BBC must be desperate if they're considering a return for Moyles. He's in his 40s and was presenting on a station aimed at young people. Not to mention that the fat bastard used his show as an excuse to rant at the BBC to pay his alleged £40k per month salary two weeks late when they were having cash flow issues and having to lay off staff in the midst of the biggest financial crisis in 80 years.

I think he's a lot like Clarkson. Doesn't mean what he says, says it only for affect and to get a laugh or to cause controversy. Probably the thing I like about them both

Replacing him with someone younger has worked. Radio 1 have lost over a million listeners since Nick Grimshaw took over.

Moyles was such an annoying gobshite, and why was his sidekick called Comedy Dave. Not funny in the slightest. You could listen to his show for an hour and only hear 1 song, The bloke had more rabbit than Watership Down.

BBC 6 Music & XFM are where its at on my radio.

My listening day

Ken Bruce

Jeremy Vine( love shouting at the radio)

The Archers

Radio 4 afternoon play( trust me some are fantastic,they even swear if you like to live on the edge)

Richard Bacon 5 live

I'm on the road so get to listen a lot.

The cricket will be on all day today

lol 

I sometimes listen. He loves a good debate does Vine. 

People who approach Tesco self-service checkouts as if they are Indiana Jones and it is an Aztec puzzle that has been unsolved for centuries.

IT'S NOT THAT FOOKING DIFFICULT! :mad:

No no no no

They're a ****ing nightmare. Designed to speed up the process of shopping? You having a frickin laugh?! Why do they have an attendant based at the machines (apart from to serve the booze) if they're so good?

You watch next time you're shopping. The amount of problems customers have is unreal.

Also, has anyone mastered the art of scanning your items and then putting them in the bags provided without causing the machine to freeze/get told by the machine to replace the product back onto the scales or whatever? I've not, so I end up scanning them, then stacking them on the scales where the bags are, then pay, then pack my shopping. They're a bloody crap idea.

Even if I'm nipping Asda just for a loaf of bread I'll still go to the checkout. Also at Tesco Express in Shepshed there are two of these machines next to the tills, but with only one person working behind looking after both. So when you're in the queue to get some fags there's always someone having trouble with the machine so the woman serving me either has to stop serving me or get the chap to wait til she's finished serving me before she can reset the blokes machine.

They're wank!

I avoided them for ages just because I knew they would be problematic and slow me down. I did it once cos there's a queue whenever I'm in tesco at lunchtime in the normal checkouts. The amount of problems I've had recently though makes me feel I should never have started and just waited in the queues to start with!

The other day, I was paying by cash for about £5 worth of items. Put in a couple of pound coins fine. Tried a couple more and it just gave up. It couldn't be bothered anymore. Sometimes so useless and does not speed up the process at all!