Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I made the mistake of going to Morrisons on Xmas Eve. Stupid idea, I couldn't even park in the car park (which is huge by the way) I couldn't even find a trolley. Anyway after getting all my items there was a queue to each checkout that was over an hour long.

Some decided to use these selfservice things though I'm not quite sure how they got on with a trolley full of goods as I'm sure all your items have to remain on the scales til you have paid. Unless they made several transcations.

Anyway, wank idea

Morrisons ones are the only bad ones. Every other supermarket is simple. You scan, put it in the bagging area, wait for the green light on the till to show it's weighed and recognised then pack it away. Easy. Morrisons have somehow made ones that you have to leave all your items in the minute bagging area until you're finished. They don't fit. Stupid shop.

Edited by ScouseFox

Some eijit MP wants to bring back national service: http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2013-14/nationalservice.html

Who the hell thinks it's a good idea to put people who don't want to be in the military in the military? People who don't want to do their job are bad enough, stick a ****ing gun in their hands and shove 'em into a warzone and there's going to be an absolute shitstorm.

I try and avoid self service where possible. There's nobody ever there, so I use them, then, 'wait for assistance' and I've got the whole shop on my back.

Edited by Fox92

Some eijit MP wants to bring back national service: http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2013-14/nationalservice.html

Who the hell thinks it's a good idea to put people who don't want to be in the military in the military? People who don't want to do their job are bad enough, stick a ****ing gun in their hands and shove 'em into a warzone and there's going to be an absolute shitstorm.

I think there would be far LESS crime, chavs, teenage pregnancies, benefit scroungers in this country if they did.

It's only as you're anti military (possibly lazy) and incredibly left wing you have this opinion. There are some absolute ****** that come out the army but mostly it changes peoples lives for the better. You'd find that these people who don't want to work (as you rightly say) will have a completely different outlook in life. If anything the army teaches you self respect.

I have never been violent/or a drop out like many squaddies are when they join the army) as such before joining nor have I afterwards so I don't mean in that way but it changed me as a person, fitter, a much better attitude, a positive outlook on life, a willingness to work and most importantly, to respect my elders. All assets taught by my parents too, but reinstilled in the military.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

The morons who infest social media when England, or English competitors, do well and succeed at something. It's always "the competition is weak" or "we aren't flambouyant enough".

So Australia aren't as good as they were? Who gives a shit? Did you not sit through the years of utter humiliation we suffered watching our cricket team get bashed and ground into submission?

Cheer up you miserable tits. Enjoy the fact the team is winning. Unless you'd prefer us to be crap again, which is probably likely.

• Like 2

Huge backwards step forcing people into national service, it was stopped and good riddance to it.

Do you not think it's one major reason as to why people like my Grandfathers generation at my current age (or younger) were a lot more rounded, less lazy, honest, less violent, more patriotic and proud of their country and altogether much better citizens than people of my genberation are? I honestly do.

I think there would be far LESS crime, chavs, teenage pregnancies, benefit scroungers in this country if they did.

It's only as you're anti military (possibly lazy) and incredibly left wing you have this opinion. There are some absolute ****** that come out the army but mostly it changes peoples lives for the better. You'd find that these people who don't want to work (as you rightly say) will have a completely different outlook in life. If anything the army teaches you self respect.

Take the army out the equation and offer minimum wage work of say minimum 20 hours per week to all and i'd say that would be a great idea. The forces really arn't for everyone.

Edited by ADK

Unfortunately, research disagrees: http://economics.stanford.edu/files/SchargrodskyFeb_17.pdf

we find that participation in the military service increases the likelihood of developing a criminal record in adulthood, particularly for property and arm-related crimes. We also find that military service has detrimental effects on future performance in the labor market

National service increases crime and joblessness (meaning more people on benefits).

I'm not against it because I'm anti-military and left wing, I'm against it because forcing people into national service will just cause problems, you can't force people to do military work, sticking unwilling people in a warzone is dangerous for those around them as well as themselves.

People who approach Tesco self-service checkouts as if they are Indiana Jones and it is an Aztec puzzle that has been unsolved for centuries.

IT'S NOT THAT FOOKING DIFFICULT! :mad:

No no no no

They're a ****ing nightmare. Designed to speed up the process of shopping? You having a frickin laugh?! Why do they have an attendant based at the machines (apart from to serve the booze) if they're so good?

I'm with Danizen on this one. Everybody complains about them, but I'm convinced that 95% of problems on these are caused by the shopper being an absolute tool.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, research disagrees: http://economics.stanford.edu/files/SchargrodskyFeb_17.pdf

National service increases crime and joblessness (meaning more people on benefits).

I'm not against it because I'm anti-military and left wing, I'm against it because forcing people into national service will just cause problems, you can't force people to do military work, sticking unwilling people in a warzone is dangerous for those around them as well as themselves.

I've not read the link you put originally, but people wouldn't even have to go out on tour (be in a warzone) to experience the military and change you for the better. It can all be done during training or in normal battalion life. The link you have posted is research based on Argentines and the Yanks only no? Of course arms related crimes will be on the increase in the USA of owning guns is legal.

I'd love to put tossers like EDL, gangs etc on the frontline though I admit.

Going on tour does really **** some people up, a 'friend' of mine of 17years is in the process of ruining is life through being tapped in the head though he's always been a willy puller.

Army life away from the frontline would still be suitable for National Service IMO. It's not nice and it's bloody hard work and soul destroying, but you do become a better person.

So to clarify, when I spoke in favour about NS I wouldn't necessarily say they should be on the frontline in a war zone.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

Take the army out the equation and offer minimum wage work of say minimum 20 hours per week to all and i'd say that would be a great idea. The forces really arn't for everyone.

That's the problem though. You 'offer' someone something, they won't necessarily take it. If the army have something to do with it these people who are used to throwing their weight around and being the hard bloke on the estate suddenly become fcuk all.

The forces aren't for everyone, I can vouch for that myself. But having the values that the army try to instill, well they should be for everyone.

I often use the self-service function.

Should be more of these, so that the supermarkets can cut back on the amount of till staff they need etc.

Bad idea again though! We need more jobs created, not more cut!

I do my shopping late at night so have to use the self service and it ALWAYS goes wrong, usually when I'm changing bags.

When I interrupted the woman who worked there from chatting about her night out with her colleague she said to me.

"You should have waited 10seconds after the last item before changing bags, then the scales would have reset for you"

She said it in a really shitty tone and my response was well sorry love I'm obviously not a ****ing till expert.

Anyway as for tonight's gear grinder; burning your tongue (as I've just done) - its just a complete annoyance.

Oh, and I must say, teenagers. Everything about this generation really grinds my gears, and I have to grow up with them every step of the way...

Firstly, their fashion sense. What's with the tacky, hippy coloured, zigzag lined t-shirt shit going on? And those shirts with seagulls and that gay small collar. That's awful. And what's with the moustache craze for the women?

Secondly, haircuts. Why do lads have the tendency to shave their sides and back and keep an ugly, curly, floppy disgrace of a fringe or hairspray it back, looking ultra gay... And don't get me started on those Ray Ban bulky glasses.

The music in general has gone downhill, too. I go to a club and expect to listen to progressive dance/electronica. What do I ear? The terrifying sound of dubstep. And mainstream shit. Wtf happened?

Also, it's worrying that I don't know another lad my age that's a virgin. It's like everyone's mind is set to sex 24/7... Talking about wishing your life away. I call this generation Armageddon. Because it simply is triggering the end of humanity.

• Like 3