Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Work can **** off - Already doing studio and warehouse work, both of which are fairly work intensive - now apparently the warehouse stuff needs to be redone because BT have changed how they want it sent to them (again), they're coming to collect it next thursday, and I've still got a load to palletise (on pallets that don't exist yet), and also being dragged in to be holiday cover in dispatch next week.

So, I'm apparently required to do three jobs, which can't really be run simultaneously with the time limits now... :glare:

You need the blue ones...

Having to start work at 6am tomorrow morning.

Who the **** shops at 6am on a Saturday. Go back home and go back to bed.

Most are utter arseholes!

The type who give you attitude because you attempted to fold the paper that they have driven 10 miles to get and had gently fondled in the queue and made a complete mess as they didnt want the paper at the front despite the fact there is nothing wrong with it as its just been put out as its 6 O CLOCK IN THE MORNING!

......and breath!

Another weather related post from me, however the weather part of it is irrelevent, the contradicting part is the bit that annoys me. (Disclaimer just before a certain someone starts)

Right for the last month or so someone I know has been moaning about the good weather, saying she likes the rubbish weather, much rather that rain, she loves storms and thunder/lightning e.t.c, today she bought a paddling pool and now is moaning about the bad weather, the storms, thunder and lightening, saying 'typical'.

Now i'm not being funny but 1 the indecisive weather has been here for going on a week? Along with her claiming she doesn't like the decent weather but loves storms not she's got what she 'loves' she's moaning again, I don't get it, I really don't.

That really grinds my gears.

Now I may moan, alot, about the weather, but I have good ground, our weather in general is shit, I know what I like and want, atleast I don't moan when I get it!

Another weather related post from me, however the weather part of it is irrelevent, the contradicting part is the bit that annoys me. (Disclaimer just before a certain someone starts)

Right for the last month or so someone I know has been moaning about the good weather, saying she likes the rubbish weather, much rather that rain, she loves storms and thunder/lightning e.t.c, today she bought a paddling pool and now is moaning about the bad weather, the storms, thunder and lightening, saying 'typical'.

Now i'm not being funny but 1 the indecisive weather has been here for going on a week? Along with her claiming she doesn't like the decent weather but loves storms not she's got what she 'loves' she's moaning again, I don't get it, I really don't.

Now I may moan, alot, about the weather, but I have good ground, our weather in general is shit, I know what I like and want, atleast I don't moan when I get it!

Some people are just unhappy, and will project their unhappiness onto everything, including you. Rise above it! Don't concern yourself with their negativity. Life is too short, try to have fun while you can! Go on Matty, you can do it!

Love

MB XOXO

Apart from the 'its not a heatwave' comment.

Apart from the 'its not a heatwave' comment.

What I meant by the not moaning bit was I don't wish it away when I get it.

Besides I still stand by my comment's it wasn't a heatwave, I kept getting told by 2 or 3 people that a heatwave was define by being 5 degrees more than average for several days, well after doing a search on the definition none came up with that definition.

I was going to post in the thread to respond to those comments in the thread but then thought what's the point.

Here are a couple of my results (When I was going to respond in the thread I had a good 8 - 10 definitions, none of which were defined in the same way as people in that thread had claimed).

A heat wave is a prolonged period of excessively hot weather, which may be accompanied by high humidity. While definitions vary,[1] a heat wave is measured relative to the usual weather in the area and relative to normal temperatures for the season. Temperatures that people from a hotter climate consider normal can be termed a heat wave in a cooler area if they are outside the normal climate pattern for that area.[2] The term is applied both to routine weather variations and to extraordinary spells of heat which may occur only once a century. Severe heat waves have caused catastrophic crop failures, thousands of deaths from hyperthermia, and widespread power outages due to increased use of air conditioning

Excessively hot weather? No I'd have said the hot weather that we should expect at this time of year, being summer.

A heat wave is measure relative to the usual weather in the area - Well you could argue the weather we experience was unusual, but only because we hadn't experience a summer for about 5 years, like I said the weather is what should be normal, what should be expected.

heat wave

n.
A period of unusually hot weather.

Like I said you could argue it was unusually hot, but only because we hadn't experienced a summer for a good 5 years, it is what should be expected.

It’s not very clear cut as what the United Kingdom use to determine a “Heat Waveâ€. The United Kingdom don’t have an official definition of a heat wave

Sitting on the fence.

It was just very good weather as far as I was concerned, not over exaggerating in the great British way, but if people have that opinion they are welcome to it, just as I am mine.

Anyway, it's gone, I hope people are happy with the rain.

Edited by Matt

What I meant by the not moaning bit was I don't wish it away when I get it.

Besides I still stand by my comment's it wasn't a heatwave, I kept getting told by 2 or 3 people that a heatwave was define by being 5 degrees more than average for several days, well after doing a search on the definition none came up with that definition.

I was going to post in the thread to respond to those comments in the thread but then thought what's the point.

Here are a couple of my results (When I was going to respond in the thread I had a good 8 - 10 definitions, none of which were defined in the same way as people in that thread had claimed).

Excessively hot weather? No I'd have said the hot weather that we should expect at this time of year, being summer.

A heat wave is measure relative to the usual weather in the area - Well you could argue the weather we experience was unusual, but only because we hadn't experience a summer for about 5 years, like I said the weather is what should be normal, what should be expected.

Like I said you could argue it was unusually hot, but only because we hadn't experienced a summer for a good 5 years, it is what should be expected.

Sitting on the fence.

It was just very good weather as far as I was concerned, not over exaggerating in the great British way, but if people have that opinion they are welcome to it, just as I am mine.

Anyway, it's gone, I hope people are happy with the rain.

Such a strange thing to be so concerned about, mmmm everyone is saying its a heatwave its really hot but no, no I will not believe them.  Why would it bother you so much.

It is excessive if there a change of  average temperatures, which means if there are 5 days with a 5 degree increase it will be classsed as a heatwave.  You expressing your opinion in the face of actual facts.

You're starting to sound like TPH.

Nothing wrong with having a bit of ambition. Without aspirations, what is the point?

Moose breath may be in the gutter, but remember, we're all gazing up at the same stars.

MB and I really aren't so different. We just favour different weapons. He jumps to extremes and insults in a deliberate effort to offend. I simply seem to rub people up the wrong way with an onslaught of common sense, insight and wit.

The different accounts were because as soon as mods worked out its me (IP. Aren't they so clever?). They'd immediately ban me. Not committed one bannable offence. Expect Babylon to be along with his weapon of choice shortly...

Ill get thinking of my next username

Ps Moosebreath, ill mentor you if you like?

Nothing wrong with having a bit of ambition. Without aspirations, what is the point?

Moose breath may be in the gutter, but remember, we're all gazing up at the same stars.

MB and I really aren't so different. We just favour different weapons. He jumps to extremes and insults in a deliberate effort to offend. I simply seem to rub people up the wrong way with an onslaught of common sense, insight and wit.

The different accounts were because as soon as mods worked out its me (IP. Aren't they so clever?). They'd immediately ban me. Not committed one bannable offence. Expect Babylon to be along with his weapon of choice shortly...

Ill get thinking of my next username

Ps Moosebreath, ill mentor you if you like?

lol In fairness, we don't need to know your IP address to figure out it's you - you have a very, erm, unique posting style and are easily lured in by talk of Dylan, Hefner, the welfare state, gin, wine, country slices, Ormondroyd, cricket, horseracing, etc, etc. ;)

Swiss Railways.

In the past, they used to be the perfect example of excellent public service. Now, over the course of the last eight years or so, reliability and safety have taken a somewhat hefty blow.

Too many short circuits in the system lately, late trains, collisions, power failures, etc.

One could think we're already preparing for joining the EU. lol