Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Anyone who allows their children to play with anything that makes a loud or high pitched noise for more than a few minutes.

There's kids outside playing with a whistle and they've been at it for ****ing ages. I know I've been that age, I'd have entertained myself with something mindless for bloody hours. It's not the kids' fault.

But Christ alive, surely the only way the parent can let that go on is because they're so neglectful they're not actually there to witness how horrific it is.

Anyone who allows their children to play with anything that makes a loud or high pitched noise for more than a few minutes.

There's kids outside playing with a whistle and they've been at it for ****ing ages. I know I've been that age, I'd have entertained myself with something mindless for bloody hours. It's not the kids' fault.

But Christ alive, surely the only way the parent can let that go on is because they're so neglectful they're not actually there to witness how horrific it is.

Pavlov's bell is ringing. lol

Soon, you'll be one of many conditioned test subjects... Run!!

Disagree that parents should be watching their kids 24/7. If they are annoying you ,tell them to shut up, it's what the adults did when I was kid. Normally worked, and only once resulted in a revenge attack.

My Mum never said 'Wait till your dad gets home' She belted us herself.

Well not really but had a few tellings off and dad would say forget it or you deal with when I'm at work, down the pub or at the bookies which was most of the time.

Disagree that parents should be watching their kids 24/7. If they are annoying you ,tell them to shut up, it's what the adults did when I was kid. Normally worked, and only once resulted in a revenge attack.

The kids are about 3/4/5, at that age A. I'm not going to shout at them and B. their parents should seriously be in earshot of them.blowing a ****ing whistle if they're playing outside on an inner city road.

I think times have changed.  Kids have the whip hand now.  You have nothing to back up your request for them to shut up.  You are not encouraged to confront kids or even interact with them at all.  When I was a lad, if I gave lip to an adult, they could clout me, pretty much with impunity if I had "deserved" it. 

Nowadays, if I were to go out to noisy kids round my house and (purely verbally) tell them to shut up I would probably get:

a) Stabbed (they are mostly under 10 but this IS Glasgow)

b) A brick through my window / car window

c) A rumble with their parents who believe their precious little angel can do no wrong

d) Them pointing to the police doll to falsely allege where I touched them

Little bleeders. 

Best left well alone. 

I'm not saying that you shouldn't shout at kids, but I absolutely hate it when I see uneducated parents who do noting but shout at their kids for the silliest things.

Listen love, take that fag out of your mouth and put your fvcking iPhone down. Actually give your kids some attention and they might actually listen to and respect you more.

The effect of yelling at them will have a diminishing return over time and your child will grow up to become a cvnt.

Like you.

EDIT:

For example; yesterday I followed so Jeremykyleite and her child down High St yesterday, from the Orange Tree to HMV the kid was screaming its head off (don't know why, it was in a push chair). The mother was texting the whole distance and only when she sent it did she stop the push chair, walk to the front and start bellowing in the kids face which made not a blind bit of distance. Fvcking unbelievable.

Edited by FoxesAreBlue

I'm not saying that you shouldn't shout at kids, but I absolutely hate it when I see uneducated parents who do noting but shout at their kids for the silliest things.

Listen love, take that fag out of your mouth and put your fvcking iPhone down. Actually give your kids some attention and they might actually listen to and respect you more.

The effect of yelling at them will have a diminishing return over time and your child will grow up to become a cvnt.

Like you.

Here here.

Well said. :thumbup:

Door to door charity workers.

A gang of "Save the Children" chuggers just came up my street and I had some student bird knock on my front door at 8.45pm to try and talk to me about donating. 

Is that even legal?

I told her that she and her gang were a disgrace, that they should not be cold calling at people's houses (there are old folk, nightshift workers and people with babies on our street) at this hour and that by knocking at my door, she is actually reducing the chance of me ever giving my hard earned to her cause. 

Cue Mrs Vac making me the bad guy and telling me I should just say "no thanks", smile and close the door.

:rolleyes:

I just don't think people soliciting monetary donations (even for charity) should be allowed to call unprompted at people's doors.

:mad:

• Like 1

It would be nice if they made cold calling illegal, if you really have to go door to door then drop a flyer through the door. Anything that demands a person's time should be illegal, no phone calls or cold callers.  

They do it to make people feel guilty. Same as TV adverts. 'Just send 5 pound a month for a well.'

Okay it would be a wonderful gesture and would save lives but as it has been said if there are old people or those without much money they can't really afford it but some feel they ought to give anyway.

I bet you never expected that reply off me.  But there are so many good causes.

It would be nice if they made cold calling illegal, if you really have to go door to door then drop a flyer through the door. Anything that demands a person's time should be illegal, no phone calls or cold callers.  

I actually think the same about Politicians (of whatever hue) and religious evangelists (of whatever faith) who go door to door.

As if I would change my polictical opinions or my views about how the universe works on the basis of someone pitching up at my doorstep?? 

:blink:

I have been told off in the past for being being rude to door to door Jehovah's Witnesses.  Responses have ranged from the succinct ("Fvck Off!") to the old fashioned ("sling yer 'ook. Go on.  Hop it") to the analytical ("He doesn't exist so please stop wasting my time and your own...").

18 year old Ozwin.

Flunked through college and is regretting it now :(

I was the same mate. Taking myself back to uni later in the year hopefully. You were talking a while back about going back to education, is that still the plan?

I was the same mate. Taking myself back to uni later in the year hopefully. You were talking a while back about going back to education, is that still the plan?

Yeah man, it's just so daunting. Looking at Access courses or the more likely option of a foundation degree next year, just a bit crap that I left it this late. Know for a fact I could have smashed it at A level if I knew what I wanted to do. I just did the minimum cos I was set on finding a job after it all.

Door to door charity workers.

A gang of "Save the Children" chuggers just came up my street and I had some student bird knock on my front door at 8.45pm to try and talk to me about donating. 

Is that even legal?

I told her that she and her gang were a disgrace, that they should not be cold calling at people's houses (there are old folk, nightshift workers and people with babies on our street) at this hour and that by knocking at my door, she is actually reducing the chance of me ever giving my hard earned to her cause. 

Cue Mrs Vac making me the bad guy and telling me I should just say "no thanks", smile and close the door.

:rolleyes:

I just don't think people soliciting monetary donations (even for charity) should be allowed to call unprompted at people's doors.

:mad:

The worst part about this is that they are often employed by canvassing companies who have a contract with the charity. They agree a monthly budget, which is their 'fee', and only money made over and above that amount actually goes to the charity.

Scandalous.

I actually think the same about Politicians (of whatever hue) and religious evangelists (of whatever faith) who go door to door.

As if I would change my polictical opinions or my views about how the universe works on the basis of someone pitching up at my doorstep??

:blink:

I have been told off in the past for being being rude to door to door Jehovah's Witnesses. Responses have ranged from the succinct ("Fvck Off!") to the old fashioned ("sling yer 'ook. Go on. Hop it") to the analytical ("He doesn't exist so please stop wasting my time and your own...").

With Jehovah's witnesses I just speak French or Spanish to them just to see how long their patience will last and then when they turn away, I say goodbye to them in English just to wind them up even more :P