Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Yeah man, it's just so daunting. Looking at Access courses or the more likely option of a foundation degree next year, just a bit crap that I left it this late. Know for a fact I could have smashed it at A level if I knew what I wanted to do. I just did the minimum cos I was set on finding a job after it all.

I hope you'll find something suitable. Regular education, the "proper" program isn't always the best option for everybody and there's plenty like you who flunk it, only to find a more suitable path later on.

Is there an advisory board or an information bureau where you live that you could frequent and to get some good advice from professionals?

This won't please Ken,but when I was sitting outside a bar in Brighton at a table cordoned off from the main street with the wife and another couple ,a homeless chap decided he would go from table to table asking for money.The cheeky twvt.He was homing in on older people than me and quite persistent and aggressive when people refused.i was livid.He could see I wasn't happy so didnt ask me.if they are begging on the street it's not invading your privacy,but this was bang out of order,obviously desperate for drink and/ or drugs.

• Like 3

This won't please Ken,but when I was sitting outside a bar in Brighton at a table cordoned off from the main street with the wife and another couple ,a homeless chap decided he would go from table to table asking for money.The cheeky twvt.He was homing in on older people than me and quite persistent and aggressive when people refused.i was livid.He could see I wasn't happy so didnt ask me.if they are begging on the street it's not invading your privacy,but this was bang out of order,obviously desperate for drink and/ or drugs.

I've not had that here before, but some cheeky bastards came up to me while I was eating lunch outside a cafe in southern France once. It took me a while for it to sink in how rude that was. F*** sake, have some dignity, you're not a dog/seagull

Weirdest one was that mental rasta chap in town (haven't seen him in a while) came up and asked me for money while I was on my motorbike at a red light near the train station. I think my response was "Now's not a good time"

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Guest MattP

You get that in Los Angeles all the time.

Any homeless person harassing people for money should be fair game for whatever you want to do to them.

Oh, and it somewhat grinds my gears when people put cutlery the wrong way into the dishwasher (handle down, that is).  :dry:

Are you nuts?  Clearly that is the correct way to do it unless it is a supersharp blade.  Put them downwards and you get bits of crap stuck in the forks. 

Most important it to be aligned with those you share with, otherwise nasty injuries may arise!

• Like 1

Female hygiene adverts.

i like the one where the hottie in the purple dress gets her hem caught in the doors of the lift . 

I like the one where the women is walking out of work but slips on her own urinary incontienence and the contents of her handbag spills everywhere... I assume it was for incontinence pads, I haven't watched it all the way til the end.

I like the one where the women is walking out of work but slips on her own urinary incontienence and the contents of her handbag spills everywhere... I assume it was for incontinence pads, I haven't watched it all the way til the end.

yes thats a good un  :D

i think she looks like the Matt Lucas character TingTong 

Edited by Zingari

I try not to let things grind me down. This is appropriate. I need help with translation. I was told one way and google search says another. This is the last verse which fits here.

But the people of our Nation are strong

In times of strife they speak as one.

‘We are mighty as Caesar, mighty as Rome.’

‘ILLEGITIMI NI CARBORUNDM.’

Supermarket Basket Handles. How are you supposed to hold them? Isnt it easier if the base of the handles are from the width of the basket? That way, you can hold it parallel to your waist without bumping into it.

Edited by MShaffu42
  • Like 1

I try not to let things grind me down. This is appropriate. I need help with translation. I was told one way and google search says another. This is the last verse which fits here.

But the people of our Nation are strong

In times of strife they speak as one.

‘We are mighty as Caesar, mighty as Rome.’

‘ILLEGITIMI NI CARBORUNDM.’

Ken,calm your language!

It means " don't let the Bastardz grind you down" I looked it up.

Yes it does but I was struggling for a last stanza. Its a long poem and I wanted an uplifting end and that was suggested as an alternative to 'We are many they are few. Which is taken from a PB Shelley piece.

Anyway if I read it tomorrow tomorrow I can't say the original Bastarundum. as it still similar to swearing. So the above will have to do. There is no proper translation as it's Urban Latin used in irony.

Supermarket Basket Handles. How are you supposed to hold them? Isnt it easier if the base of the handles are from the width of the basket? That way, you can hold it parallel to your waist without bumping into it.

This is true. On a similar subject - why are the basket handles at Morrisons always really greasy? 

This is true. On a similar subject - why are the basket handles at Morrisons always really greasy? 

It's because the customers at Morrison's are the walking dead and their hands are covered in the cream they use to prevent their skin from going crusty.

I have been told off in the past for being being rude to door to door Jehovah's Witnesses.  Responses have ranged from the succinct ("Fvck Off!") to the old fashioned ("sling yer 'ook. Go on.  Hop it") to the analytical ("He doesn't exist so please stop wasting my time and your own...").

Tell them you're just an innocent bystander ;)

Parcel Force, again :S

These guys must be right up there as the worst courier service in the UK because they make Yodel look competent.

Think this is at least the fifth time :unsure: they have messed up on delivering a parcel.

Got home from work Wednesday to find a card saying they missed me but the parcel is at a certain post office.

Went to the post office and they have no record of any such parcel since they have to record them in and out.

Rang up Parcel Force and am now awaiting a phone call back from them, though I'm not hopeful because the last time they said they would get back I had to ring up chasing after them again.

Meh, feel like sending Nigel down to sort them out :pearson:

Rang up their customer service to be told they would get back to me within twenty minutes, that was over an hour ago.

They have done that before too, they are such a shoddy second rate outfit it is like the Cov, City of courier services.

Edited by ithuriel

Undeserving shits who win the lottery.  2 people who I know have recently won it are the shits of society. Absolute ***** and anybody who has ever met them would agree with me too.  Voluntary redundancy or forced due to being caught stealing 1 month before winning...