Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

To carry on with what others said previously.

It annoys me when somebody says FOUNT instead of FOUND. Yes I do know a few who do this. Does anyone else or is it just me? Fecking retards

Don't get me started on this. I thought it was just my missis' thick bimbo mate. She also spells it as you've put.

I hate people who spell 'can't' like 'carnt' the main culprit being the missis' sister. She's a mother of two. How the hell are they gonna be brought up with spelling as poor as that?

I thought the trmark showed ignorance more than anything. He says he wants to reach out yo the norman man in the street and in pubs and clubs. Mot being funny but some of the virews and conversations I have heard in pubs have been just as ignorant. He is welcome to them.

Thank goodness there are intrllegemt people on here.  :)

Are you pissed?

The average guy isn't offended by the term "bongo bongo land", as you think they are. Who do you think UKIP are trying to appeal to most at the moment. The average working man.

It's only the media thats hyped this up because of the national craze about anything racey.

I've seen the guy online before this and he's well known for being outspoken. I think people are getting tired of the PC bollocks, the fact is if anyone is offended by the term "bongo bongo land", then are kidding themselves. The place(or race) doesn't even exist.

I understand your view it's just that, on this issue, your opinion specifically is somewhat irrelevant. That's not to say it isn't valid, what I mean is, you're as close to a guaranteed UKIP vote as we're going to find. You like his style and the fact he's not a typical politician.

But if UKIP have any designs to make something of themselves in politics then they need to convince Tory voters and floating voters to back them and that's a big part of the political game.

Incidents like this reinforce the wide public belief (and, regardless of your protests, it IS a very widely held belief) that UKIP are a backwards, bigotted party. That they're a joke party, not a real party, that they hold silly beliefs, that they're racist or ignorant.

Whether or not those things are true is irrelevant, what matters is what the electorate believes. That's exactly what I mean when I say UKIP shouldn't just play things like this down and why they need to be much, much smarter with their party line.

Are you pissed?

No. It's just what I have found by going in pubs. Some are Sun readers and after a couple of pints they think they have the solution and reason for the country's problems. I am sure others have found this too. I do not see things just as black and white. I like to consider all angles and do not like creating pigeon holes. What I meant was that some of the people he wants on his side may not be the most rational thinkers and take all their opnions from disjointed news items based on mispreceptions.

Someone at the Wycombe game tried to start a song about Wes Morgan to the tune of the hokey cokey.

It went "You put your Black foot in, your Black foot out" God help us all.

There are ignorant pricks in all groups and walks of life.

For me it's the responsibility of each individual to education themselves out of ignorance.

Are you pissed?

No. It's just what I have found by going in pubs. Some are Sun readers and after a couple of pints they think they have the solution and reason for the country's problems. I am sure others have found this too. I do not see things just as black and white. I like to consider all angles and do not like creating pigeon holes. What I meant was that some of the people he wants on his side may not be the most rational thinkers and take all their opnions from disjointed news items based on mispreceptions.

I think he was referring to your spelling and grammatical errors, Ken.

Burst water pipes.

This is the 4th time this month that I've had no water due to the Muppets fixing the road who obviously just dig down forgetting there might be big **** off pipes in the ground.

Anyway off out to see the old queen as I'm dying for a brew, although I bet it's shite coffee and uht milk. It's better than dying of thirst though.

Fingers crossed its fixed when I return.

Edited by Leicfox

He asked because of the terrible spelling.

Someone at the Wycombe game tried to start a song about Wes Morgan to the tune of the hokey cokey.

It went "You put your Black foot in, your Black foot out" God help us all.

There are ignorant pricks in all groups and walks of life.

For me it's the responsibility of each individual to education themselves out of ignorance.

I was near that bloke too. Unbelievable.

Could be a number of things that would cause that, i suppose if you don't know how to diagnose it yourself you'll need to get someone to take a look at it.

I should check the fuse but before the tower on off switch was flashing not rebooting> I switched it off at the plug for a couple of hours thinking it may be a fan problem. Switched it on and nothing. It has been slow for a while so may have a virus too much junk or a drive problem but I am not an expert so wouldny know where to start.

May take it to him on the market but need to find the days he's there and ask how much first' Also need the money.

You're a complete and utter tool, calling the developing world Bongo Bongo land is quite clearly a fucking moronic thing to say and is fairly clearly xenophobia, or at best utter fuckwittery.

Yes, the place doesn't exist: he's using it to refer to the developing world as a whole and is essentially admitting that to him the entire developing world is one big (rather racist) stereotype. I fail to see how you can defend this and not get that it is, at best, a suicidal line and at worst a sign that he's a small minded bigoted cunt. Seriously - in the time it'd take me to get that through your xenophobic skull I could raise the money to buy Kenya, rename it bongo-bongo land, adopt a child from there, fly them back to the UK, send them through university and get them up to an MP so they could release a press-statement to tell you how fucking stupid a comment it was.

Who put a quid in you?

If only you could see the irony in your extreme left stance.

Anyone who disagrees with you is a racist or xenophobic (regarding everyone the same) yet you're able to do just that and think it's ok?

My brother, a far more intelligent chap than I and slightly more leaning to the left than me put it perfectly the other day. He has friends like you, you just can't argue with them. Have q serious debate or make a serious point and you just go quiet, or become abusive unable to do anything else to argue your point.

I'm not saying 'bongo bongo land' is right. It doesnt sit that well wirh me. But anything you disagree with you scream 'xxxist' You remind me of Dangerous Tiger and Seenitall when they're on about Pearson. All they do is go, 'but Sven bleeeeeeuuuuyrrrrrgggghhhhhh' whilst completely ignoring the facts.

You're clearly an intelligent bloke but don't confuse that with being wise to the world cos you aren't.

You're a right boring so and so who needs to get out more. A lot more.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 3

Who put a quid in you?

If only you could see the irony in your extreme left stance.

Anyone who disagrees with you is a racist or xenophobic (regarding everyone the same) yet you're able to do just that and think it's ok?

My brother, a far more intelligent chap than I and slightly more leaning to the left than me put it perfectly the other day. He has friends like you, you just can't argue with them. Have q serious debate or make a serious point and you just go quiet, or become abusive unable to do anything else to argue your point.

You're a right boring so and so who needs to get out more. A lot more.

But isn't what you're doing here responding to ad hominems with more ad hominems?

You haven't actually addressed the real point of the post which is this UKIP guy saying something that is only going to harm the reputation of his party in the minds of the swing voters they need to convince if they're going to have any realistic political standing.

And please don't generalise that all people on the left take the 'quiet or lash out' school of argument. Again, you're only answering generalisations with more generalisations. Being argumentative or intolerant is pretty political bias-independent.

Edited by leicsmac

But isn't what you're doing here responding to ad hominems with more ad hominems?

You haven't actually addressed the real point of the post which is this UKIP guy saying something that is only going to harm the reputation of his party in the minds of the swing voters they need to convince if they're going to have any realistic political standing.

I wasn't talking purely about this thread. Anyone he disagree with is racist, sexist or whatever else can end in ist.

Yeh I've stooped to his way of debating on this but he needs to change his record.

But no, he's done himself no favour with swing voters at all, clearly.