Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

They do seem to attract them at times. I am glad to say I am not bigoted so as to brand thousands of good people with thr same brush as that Philpott.

I have no political  allegiamce. Any party that stands for fairness compassion and justice will part of the way of getting my vote.

Any party that spreads myths prepreceptions and stereotypes will move down my favourite list. {)

Ken, you are just bigoted against a different set of people. As for " Any party that stands for fairness compassion and justice will part of the way of getting my vote." Do you think the rest of us set out to vote for parties that stand for unfairness, injustice and cruelty? Sometimes you are so far up your own arse it's unbelievable.

Edited by Webbo

As for " Any party that stands for fairness compassion and justice will part of the way of getting my vote." Do you think the rest of us set out to vote for parties that stand for unfairness, injustice and cruelty? Sometimes you are so far up your own arse it's unbelievable.

Well you sort of do - you set out to vote for parties that in his eyes stand for those, just as I'm willing to bet you'd think the sort of parties the likes of finners or ken would vote for to be ones that promote tyranny, and stand against free-enterprise. So, you do set out to vote for parties that stand for those as far as he can see - you could argue then that it should be classified as promoting fairness, justice and compassion in his opinion - but it's a) the internet and b) politics; you should really just be assuming opinion, not fact, from the start.

Edited by The Doctor

Well you sort of do - you set out to vote for parties that in his eyes stand for those, just as I'm willing to bet you'd think the sort of parties the likes of finners or ken would vote for to be ones that promote tyranny, and stand against free-enterprise. So, you do set out to vote for parties that stand for those as far as he can see - you could argue then that it should be classified as promoting fairness, justice and compassion in his opinion - but it's a) the internet and b) politics; you should really just be assuming opinion, not fact, from the start.

Reading Finner's posts I'm pretty sure he votes the same as me.

I wouldn't vote Tory based on the way they've treated the disabled and those out of work. I'd like to vote for a party that had some clear policies that i thought were going to make Britain a better place to live and that i could reasonably trust to carry those out.

lol

I voted SWP in the last election and I'm a Unite member so we all know where my subscription goes (eh Len?)

I don't really feel any affinity for any party these days. What Matt said about Al is accurate, though, he'll mellow as he grows up. I'm sure I was almost that annoying when I was 18.

Upgrading RAM in a machine from 2GB 667mhz DDR2 to 4GB 1066MHZ DDR2.

Because they don't produce DDR2 RAM anymore, the prices have sky rocketed and you can buy the same speed equivalent DDR3 RAM for £25 where as the same RAM but DDR2 can cost up to £70.

Edited by lavrentis

Upgrading RAM in a machine from 2GB 667mhz DDR2 to 4GB 1066MHZ DDR2.

Because they don't produce DDR2 RAM anymore, the prices have sky rocketed and you can buy the same speed equivalent DDR3 RAM for £25 where as the same RAM but DDR2 can cost up to £70.

Why would you bother upgrading then? Surely better to just upgrade to DDR3?

They do seem to attract them at times. I am glad to say I am not bigoted so as to brand thousands of good people with thr same brush as that Philpott.

I have no political  allegiamce. Any party that stands for fairness compassion and justice will part of the way of getting my vote.

Any party that spreads myths prepreceptions and stereotypes will move down my favourite list. {)

Fairness, compassion and justice being whoever gives the out of work the most free money.

• Like 1

It's not really a big jump in computing terms. It's up to you of course.

The system is running Windows 8 64bit, runs heavy duty apps like PS, and has some games. It doesnt have a half bad CPU or GPU but there is a strong slowdown when programs stack up.

I know 4GB isn't brilliant by todays standards but probably the minimum you'd expect, I'll probably notice a  difference, especially with the steady speed increase as well. 

Edited by lavrentis

Fairness, compassion and justice being whoever gives the out of work the most free money.

Nope, it is about ensuring that people have equal opportunities regardless of their start in life. Ensuring everyone has access to a decent standard of education as a child and an adult and help is provided to ensure that people are able to find work by providing skills retraining programs and useful experience and not just giving them free money to sit on their arse.

• Like 2

Just learnt David Tredinnick is on the commons science and technology committee: the man's a fruit-bat, claimed an £755 bit of astrology software on expenses and has previously claimed that surgeons won't operate on the full moon because blood doesn't clot when the moon is full...

Just learnt David Tredinnick is on the commons science and technology committee: the man's a fruit-bat, claimed an £755 bit of astrology software on expenses and has previously claimed that surgeons won't operate on the full moon because blood doesn't clot when the moon is full...

Jesus man..... Borin 'ell

lol reading it a bit further he comes out with some sayings that you wouldn't expect any serious politician to say. On Prince Harry, 'He's a bit like me, he gets his cock in the custard sometimes'

It's embarassing especially as someone like myself would love them to do well in the next election and many many OD their policies make perfect sense.