Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

you tell me. You're looking down at the dregs of society :}

lol When have I ever said that?

I was about to stick up for in you in the other thread when you were accused of having a chip on your shoulder. But no, you've definitely a chip!

I haven't the faintest by the way.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

lol When have I ever said that?

I was about to stick up for in you in the other thread when you were accused of having a chip on your shoulder. But no, you've definitely a chip!

I haven't the faintest by the way.

You misunderstood. I meant that I don't know what it is like at the top because I have never climbed that far up the ladder of success. I thought you might have a better view looking up being a few rungs higher. I get neck strain. :)

Jesus man..... Borin 'ell

Don't like it, don't read it. This thread is for what pisses you off, and seeing someone who knows less about science than El Empty (who has previously claimed Humans have been around for 66m years and that oil is abiotic) in charge of science in this country really pisses me off. He's an absoute lunar-tic, and shouldn't have any say over science in this country.

People who drive down the wrong lanes in big car parks. And then complain when you have a go at them  for ignoring road signs. Bellends.

We have this at Morrisons in Coalville. The nearest three turn ins are all no entry (cars leaving the car park are only allowed out that way) So I purposely walk down the middle of these three lanes knowing that if any car paps me from behind I'll be able to give them the finger for going down a one way bit!

lol

Pages 14&15 of The Sun today has an interview with bongo bongo land man. Quite interesting I suppose. I certainly agree we need to look after number 1 instead of foreign aid to other countries. Harsh but true IMO

Foreign has a lot of benefits, and frankly is the responsibility of a national as wealthy as ours.  That is not to say we shouldn't be more careful where we spend it.  Personally, I would rather my taxes bought fresh water and food to those who would die otherwise than a comfy 4 bedroom house in a pricey area for someone on benefits because moving to somewhere they can afford on the their income is some infringement on their rights.  Or people having to downsize to a smaller flat because of the Bedoom tax.  I dont have a spare room, why should these ****ers?  

Foreign has a lot of benefits, and frankly is the responsibility of a national as wealthy as ours. That is not to say we shouldn't be more careful where we spend it. Personally, I would rather my taxes bought fresh water and food to those who would die otherwise than a comfy 4 bedroom house in a pricey area for someone on benefits because moving to somewhere they can afford on the their income is some infringement on their rights. Or people having to downsize to a smaller flat because of the Bedoom tax. I dont have a spare room, why should these ****ers?

Yes putting it that way I'm in agreement with you. I can afford two spare rooms somehow lol

What I disagree with though is foreign aid that could be invested in cancer research as an example.

I read somewhere this weekend that half a million quids worth of foreign aid has been captured by Somali pirates. Obviously they werent the intended benefactors yet when I donate £5 a month to cancer research they act like I'm making a massive difference. Imagine what half a million would do.

Or even air ambulances that have no funding whatsoever. I'm patriotic but our country is ****in shit really when you consider examples like this

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

In theory its not a bad idea downsizing but in practice there has to be enough properties. I read of one woman who applied for a smaller place 3 years ago and now she is paying !14 extra on minimum income because there are none available and there are hundreds on the waiting list.

She camnot move to a private  housing  because of the huge deposit required and would anyone want to raise a small child in the same house as drunkards and drug addicts with poor heating and a landlord that does not take care of repairs?

Would anyone blame her for turning a place down because of these concerns?

Edited by Rincewind

In theory its not a bad idea downsizing but in practice there has to be enough properties. I read of one woman who applied for a smaller place 3 years ago and now she is paying !14 extra on minimum income because there are none available and there are hundreds on the waiting list.

I thoroughly agree with the principle but after watching that program during the week there simply aren't enough houses. A bloke on 5 live the other day is disabled and his daughter goes to uni. Her room is now classed as a spare room and he's ****ed. It's not like you can even console him telling him his daughter will look after him once she's graduated as there aren't enough graduate job vacancys either!!

Yes and there are disabled people that keep rooms for equipment (wheelchair) and carers for when they stop overnight. How many people have kids going uni and will be paying the extra. When at home they may have a part time job to help the parents but wont be there to help when away and the parents are losing board plus paying bedroom tax. How unfair is that.

I think we may sort of agree on something YOTF

Edited by Rincewind

How many people have kids going uni and will be paying the extra. When at home they may have a part time job to help the parents but wont be there to help when away and the parents are losing board plus paying bedroom tax. How unfair is that.

For someone who likes to think he sees things as they really are you dont half get a lot of things wrong. Students studying away from home are deemed to remain part of the household for bedroom tax purposes. So it's not unfair, you're just talking crap.

People dumping old mattresses outside houses, I'm trying to sell my house and the 1st thing people see when hey turn up is some piss stained mattress left in the street opposite my house,scumbags

People dumping old mattresses outside houses, I'm trying to sell my house and the 1st thing people see when hey turn up is some piss stained mattress left in the street opposite my house,scumbags

I don't know what district council you are under, but I used to work for Blaby DC & they were obligated to treat fly-tipping as urgent.  If I was to ring them in the morning I could guarantee it would be gone by the end of the day.  It's pretty difficult to prosecute fly-tippers & it's expensive, but at least they would get rid of the mess.  It does sort of encourage fly-tipping, as they know it will be taken away & there's little chance of prosecution.

Report it to the council.  They will clear it........& the fly-tippers will dump some more shit.

Those morons shouting stuff at every tee off at the golf are grinding my gears.

"Get in the hole" is bad enough.

Some of them are just shouting nonsense to be heard on TV.

Annoying to the point of making me want to turn the golf off.

I don't know what district council you are under, but I used to work for Blaby DC & they were obligated to treat fly-tipping as urgent.  If I was to ring them in the morning I could guarantee it would be gone by the end of the day.  It's pretty difficult to prosecute fly-tippers & it's expensive, but at least they would get rid of the mess.  It does sort of encourage fly-tipping, as they know it will be taken away & there's little chance of prosecution.

Report it to the council.  They will clear it........& the fly-tippers will dump some more shit.

Yes, was going to report it anyway, just wish I'd seen who put it there, I would have dragged it to their front door

Those morons shouting stuff at every tee off at the golf are grinding my gears.

"Get in the hole" is bad enough.

Some of them are just shouting nonsense to be heard on TV.

Annoying to the point of making me want to turn the golf off.

Yeah. Kill them all.