Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I should stress, I work in it, I know it, I understand it and a lot of the criticism against the NHS, local authority, the education system etc comes from clueless twats who get their opinions from dailies and have no idea what they're yapping about.

So maybe it's best you hold your applause. ;)

I'm just having a bad day.

The people are right to expect standards to be much higher, and to demand improvements AND cost savings.

The people are right to expect standards to be much higher, and to demand improvements AND cost savings.

Oh most definitely, some of the wastage is obscene and constructive criticism is a must. The public sector should never be above public scrutiny.

But that doesn't mean some thick cvnt that can't justify their opinion going "the NHS / council / teachers are all insultofchoice" should be regarded as any less of a jebend.

• Like 1

Oh most definitely, some of the wastage is obscene and constructive criticism is a must. The public sector should never be above public scrutiny.

But that doesn't mean some thick cvnt that can't justify their opinion going "the NHS / council / teachers are all insultofchoice" should be regarded as any less of a jebend.

Does that include the privatised industries as well?

As glorious as her bum is , I don't care about Cheryl cole and a tattoo. So why is it on the front page of newspapers and all over my news apps?

Jesus I've only just seen a photo of this, where is she going to stop? Used to be the case that marrying a mixed race footballer was common enough.

Companies that don't pay money on time, when you are chasing people up for payments that are nearly a month late by law they should be paying a % in interest on top, not fair everyone else can do that but if you are a small company or an independent worker there is fcuk all you can do about it.

If they don't have a tissue that's the best thing to do.

Obviously you shouldn't cough or sneeze in someone's face but using your hand is disgusting unless you're washing it every time.

Much worse than just coughing in to the air. Think of all the germs on your hands.

Don't get this issue on germs etc. Providing you're not sneezing in your hand and then preparing food for example, what's the deal? It's your own germs on your own hands!

Don't get this issue on germs etc. Providing you're not sneezing in your hand and then preparing food for example, what's the deal? It's your own germs on your own hands!

Because you're then passing concentrated amounts of germs on to everything and everyone you touch instead of them largely dissipating in the air. 

Don't take me for some sort of psycho germaphobe, I'm not at all, but it's obviously going to be better to sneeze or cough in to empty air than directly on to yourself. Especially your hands. 

I've worked in a few public sector departments, both as a direct employee and a contractor, and they were always the laziest jobs in the world. People literally doing no more than three hours work a week, the hardest work most people do is occasionally having to make up some lies to justify their salary. It's a complete joke. Great places to work if you've got no ambition whatsoever. But looking at the whole thing from a tax payers perspective makes me a bit sick. If we somehow privatised everything I reckon a good 85% of current public sector workers would be sacked immediately.

My brother has said pretty much the same as above in the past, said when he left it he realised his CV was worth probably 50% less out in the real world. I never worked in it so I couldn't comment but I've seen a lot of the sort who do.

Just dealing with them over the phone gives you an understanding of the incompetence of them. You just have to hope it isn't as bad as you imagine. Often see a few of them from the building in town having lunch in Newmans, some of them should have to walk with a bag over their head.

I've worked in a few public sector departments, both as a direct employee and a contractor, and they were always the laziest jobs in the world. People literally doing no more than three hours work a week, the hardest work most people do is occasionally having to make up some lies to justify their salary. It's a complete joke. Great places to work if you've got no ambition whatsoever. But looking at the whole thing from a tax payers perspective makes me a bit sick. If we somehow privatised everything I reckon a good 85% of current public sector workers would be sacked immediately.

That'd put a bit of strain on the benefit bill.  :whistle:

Mind you, I guess the taxpayer is paying either way.

Edited by leicsmac

I should stress, I work in it, I know it, I understand it and a lot of the criticism against the NHS, local authority, the education system etc comes from clueless twats who get their opinions from dailies and have no idea what they're yapping about.

So maybe it's best you hold your applause. ;)

I'm just having a bad day.

A note of interest, Finners.

My partner works for Bucks NHS . The water bill for supplying chilled and hot  drinking water to it's hospitals, hasn't  been paid for FIVE years. Result--no longer supplied with water.

This tells me something about Buckinghamshire Health Authority.

Some would say (not me I hasten to add) that those people worked hard to get to a position where they can sting you for every penny you have. {(

I've never met an estate agent who's worked hard full stop. And having moved house about 10 times in the last decade I've got plenty of experience.

They're basically just independent taxation artists as far as I can tell.

I've never met an estate agent who's worked hard full stop. And having moved house about 10 times in the last decade I've got plenty of experience.

They're basically just independent taxation artists as far as I can tell.

That's an unnecessarily long-winded way of saying they're all utter c'unts.

• Like 1

Because you're then passing concentrated amounts of germs on to everything and everyone you touch instead of them largely dissipating in the air. 

Don't take me for some sort of psycho germaphobe, I'm not at all, but it's obviously going to be better to sneeze or cough in to empty air than directly on to yourself. Especially your hands.

Fair enough.

One of our lads at work is horrendous for handwashing. As a rule of thumb I'll wash my hsnds before eating if I've been eorking around a toilet or have flux on my hands. If this particular person did nothing but just carry his toolbox in before eating he'd have to wash his hands.

Theres another bloke at the opposite end of the spectrum who stinks on a Monday morning how some of us do on a friday night. His hands are constantly filthy, muck literally ingrained in his skin.

I worked with him one day and we had to take about 3 foot of soil pipe out that had a backfall on it. Whilst removing it some has slid out onto this floor etc. 10mins later we went for lunch, he found his keys in the front flappy pockets some tradesmens trousers have. These pockets had also caught a lot of the shit from the soil pipe. I was heaving. Steve never washed his hands.

Im gagging just thinking about that.