Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I know there's a common stereotype that estate agents are arseholes but I've never quite got why? Do you have to have tried to buy or sell a house to appreciate why or is it something from a bygone era?

I've only ever rented so my experience is limited but I've found the biggest twats in the whole process, by and large, to be landlords. Mine is woeful. The only way I can get him to do anything is to kick off with the estate agent who I actually like.

They also had a char-walla and a punka-walla.

...and jam boys, dont forget the jam boys.

"The Jam Boy was first introduced as early as the 1800s when the British Empire occupied India. When the British gentry went to play golf, they would have two men, the caddy and a Jam Boy. 

The Jam Boys sole purpose was to keep the mosquitoes away from the golfer. To do this, the Jam Boy would cover himself in Jam to attract the mosquitoes away from the players. When the game was over the Jam Boy got to keep the jam he was wearing to take home to his family."

...and jam boys, dont forget the jam boys.

"The Jam Boy was first introduced as early as the 1800s when the British Empire occupied India. When the British gentry went to play golf, they would have two men, the caddy and a Jam Boy.

The Jam Boys sole purpose was to keep the mosquitoes away from the golfer. To do this, the Jam Boy would cover himself in Jam to attract the mosquitoes away from the players. When the game was over the Jam Boy got to keep the jam he was wearing to take home to his family."

lol lol please tell me that's a Monty Python sketch .

Organising with my landlord to move back to uni this weekend and apparently the company I was told to sent the tenancy forms to haven't received them. They've cashed the cheque sent with the forms, but not received the forms. Thieving *****. Spent the day on the phone trying to sort everything out and well, I think it would be easier to get Ozleicester to open a steakhouse than to get an answer out of them.

Not that old trap!

In fairness we asked the customer where he wanted us to stash it (in my van?) So it is actually for him. Back there tomorrow so will ask again where he wants it moving to so the builders can crack on. Hopefully hell tell me to stick it on my van lol i sure need the money more than him anyway

Boris Johnson.

He's currently on the last leg just babbling nonsense, how the fvck has this man got any sort of power or influence. He may be entertaining, but everyone is laughing at him.

Behind that persona is a intelligent, cunning and absolutely ruthless man.

Behind that persona is a intelligent, cunning and absolutely ruthless man.

I just can't believe it when I see him with that ridiculous haircut, slumped in his seat with his legs spread, unable to finish a sentence without bumbling, getting distracted by himself or exposing his ignorance. He is a giant hyperactive child who occasionally stumbles across something quite intelligent, as he managed to do at the end of the show. I dunno maybe behind the clown there is a political genius, but I still can't take him seriously and there must be others out there, more important than me, who can't either.

I just can't believe it when I see him with that ridiculous haircut, slumped in his seat with his legs spread, unable to finish a sentence without bumbling, getting distracted by himself or exposing his ignorance. He is a giant hyperactive child who occasionally stumbles across something quite intelligent, as he managed to do at the end of the show. I dunno maybe behind the clown there is a political genius, but I still can't take him seriously and there must be others out there, more important than me, who can't either.

I know who you are talking about without seeing the name. The captain's description is pretty close.

Plus I have just switched channels to be confronted by him. I muted the sound.

Yep, that's part of the act, he's a lovable buffoon and he knows it, I mean a harderned right wing Tory was picking up serious votes in inner London, if that's not the sign of a genius I don't know what is.

Some of his articles in the Spectator are terrific and I think he's going to make an absolutely fantastic leader of the Conservative party one day, he might be the only person currently connected to them that could lead them to an overall majority. The Olympics did him no harm either.

Edited by MattP