Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

No it doesn't, it sounds nothing like that. He at no point said he thought was entitled to it. Just that he hoped the owner would let him take them away, which is often the case. Instead the builders just swiped them, by the sounds of it, which means that there is now no chance the owner will let him have them.

None of what you've said contradicts my point.

He is aggrieved that something he had no right to, continues not to be his.

Finding it hard to be sympathetic

National radio traffic updates. Why do they always say, 'the m1 at junction 22 for ASHBY' its ****ing nowhere near Ashby, 10 miles away at least, its not even as if its a bigger town than Coalville (although its nuch nicer)

Hence the word "for"

Hence the word "for"

But coalville is about 5 miles away from j22 and both towns are about the same size.

Anyway its not always, 'for' its sometimes, 'at'

Signposts on the M1 don't even mention Ashby just Coalville hence the gripe.

Edit I don't think Ashby is signposted anyway lol

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

None of what you've said contradicts my point.

He is aggrieved that something he had no right to, continues not to be his.

Finding it hard to be sympathetic

In most cases though we get the lot. Sure when its an isolated case it seems possibly like self entitlement, but when youve ripped out thousands of £'s worth over the years and have always kept the lot unless the customer asks to keep it which is very rare.

Tell me about it. I need to change something within the next 2 months big time. Should feel stressful and 'trappy' but I've never felt so free. It's awfully exhilarating to be pushed to necessity to make a change.

I know whst you mean. It used to be nice when I'd ring our energy suppliers and recall the 200 quid they owe from overpayments. I've started to think '**** it' now though. I've much more important things to worry about and my debt is incredibly small when compared to some peoples and this is whilst earning a shit wage. So **** it!

National radio traffic updates. Why do they always say, 'the m1 at junction 22 for ASHBY' its ****ing nowhere near Ashby, 10 miles away at least, its not even as if its a bigger town than Coalville (although its nuch nicer)

Worse than that - for years, the sign for J23 said Loughborough and Ashby, but you would never use J23 for Ashby: you'd use J22 from the South and J23A from the North.

It seems Ashby is one of those places that has undue significance on the road network, like, for instance, Newark. Newark is an absolute tinpot nowhere place, yet it's signposted from about a 70 mile radius!

Worse than that - for years, the sign for J23 said Loughborough and Ashby, but you would never use J23 for Ashby: you'd use J22 from the South and J23A from the North.

It seems Ashby is one of those places that has undue significance on the road network, like, for instance, Newark. Newark is an absolute tinpot nowhere place, yet it's signposted from about a 70 mile radius!

I used to hate it when travelling in convoy from swannington to loughborough. The leader would always use that windy road that take you past Thringstones Bulls head etc whereas I've always gone to loughborough via iveshead road as my grandparents live on there.

Boris Johnson.

He's currently on the last leg just babbling nonsense, how the fvck has this man got any sort of power or influence. He may be entertaining, but everyone is laughing at him.

He did good by bringing a new style of Routemaster back, big fan of that.

Renegade Music are utter ****wits. Offered the choice of music you want promoting to you: A) Rock and Indie or B) R'n'B and dance, I of course chose Rock/Indie... Now then, when did house music become part of the rock umbrella? 20 tracks so far, all 20 some shit from ministry of sound that, if given the option, I'd rather french kiss a revolver than listen to. 

Absolute waste of time, at least the other new music services provide me with the genres I actually expressed an interest in receiving.

Edited by The Doctor

How a stupid feud between agbonhalor and loius tomlinson (1D) has overshadowed stilian petrovs charity match. Whilse we should be congratulating a very good, passionate player has turned into a petty argument because "directioners" got annoyed their "idol". Its football you fvcktards and its even more sickening to find out theyve sent death threats to gabby. Seriously, what is wrong these people.

Anyway well done to Stilian, a true professional and its sad to see his career has ended. Wish him the very best!

I'm sure Abonglahor is shitting bricks at the prospect of being attacked by 11 year old girls, but I agree about it's a shame that it has been overshadowed by this, why was Tomlinson even there?

It's a charity match, and Tomlinson is a member of one of the biggest boy bands in the world. He's just the type of person they try and drag out for these things to sell as many tickets as possible. If its not One Direction it's JLS. Don't have a problem with him playing, but the whole Internet fan thing, sending death threats to anyone who accidentally might injure one of them, or even dare utter in public they think they are crap, is pathetic.

People who complain about TV schedules being messed around by sport, typically prime-time.

Well, actually, they aren't. There is no live football on the BBC all season, and you have a couple of games a month on ITV. No rugby matches take up midweek nights, cricket is not on terrestrial television, and the tennis covers two weeks a year.

No, we see more cooking and dancing shows on TV than sport, particularly live sport.

Edited by Corky

Just seen the video. It's a shoulder barge. 

Death threats for that!? Seriously. What is wrong with these one direction fans, they need to grow up (which is a bit ironic considering most of them are 11 year olds).

edit: Just seen that he was sick as well.

Edited by Fox92

People who complain about TV schedules being messed around by sport, typically prime-time.

Well, actually, they aren't. There is no live football on the BBC all season, and you have a couple of games a month on ITV. No rugby matches take up midweek nights, cricket is not on terrestrial television, and the tennis covers two weeks a year.

No, we see more cooking and dancing shows on TV than sport, particularly live sport.

It's especially annoying when people complain about during Wimbledon or the World Snooker. These two events are on for two weeks every year, at the same time every year. So they aren't messing the schedule up because they are the schedule for those two weeks, and the cooking program wouldn't have been on anyway.

Just seen the video. It's a shoulder barge. 

Death threats for that!? Seriously. What is wrong with these one direction fans, they need to grow up (which is a bit ironic considering most of them are 11 year olds).

edit: Just seen that he was sick as well.

Amazes me when anything 1D related comes up on twitter. At least it seperates the twats from the norms and you can just unfollow.

In fairness to Tomlinson, I think it was a clash of knees in the follow-through which is why he went down and limped. Can be painful. With people like him, it's their fans that can make you hate the person.

Been to book my phone in for repair (dialler has stopped working) - turns out the carphone warehouse in-store repairs don't extend to HTC so I've got to send it off: 10 working days. If I'd have known that I'd have sent it off two weeks ago when HTC said to send it in rather than holding off for a 1/2 day turn-around...