Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

BTvn3IuCcAAMXCx.png

Surprised I've managed to upload this pic lol

This was the place I got my last ticket. The council depot in this picture that you can see is shut. Gates padlocked etc. I live down the road from here. People every night park in this place (you can get 3 vehicles in the entrance way) and I did so for about year without any issues It acts as a shit overspill for the residents of this road as there is **** all parking available really.

I got a ticket for parking overnight here once. I played merry hell up with the council over it (spoke to the highways department etc)

Now it DOES say 'No Parking In Fron of Gate' or whatever. But the council women admitted to me its a grey area in terms of enforcement as they DO unofficially allow parking here as they realise this road is pretty bad. What she basically said was that it boils down to the discretion of the traffic warden. So what if you catch the cnut on an off day?

I'd rather them say its no parking under any circumstances rather than, well you're not supposed to but if you can get away with it then its acceptable.

I can't keep them stashed in the van as officially we shouldn't smoke in them anyway lol

A bloke I worked with used to keep an empty lucozade bottle with a bit of drink in and used to put his fag ends in. One day his apprentice had a lucozade as well so the bloke swapped the bottles round. The apprentice took a swig out of his drink and ended up with about 5 fag ends in his mouth.

A bloke I worked with used to keep an empty lucozade bottle with a bit of drink in and used to put his fag ends in. One day his apprentice had a lucozade as well so the bloke swapped the bottles round. The apprentice took a swig out of his drink and ended up with about 5 fag ends in his mouth.

bleurgh to be honest I done the same with a can of carling at a bbq the other week lol

I know im getting wound up and shouldnt be. With the fine it means Ive virtually worked today for free.

Its ok Haydos bumming James with a plus 1 but at the end of the day, there wasnt any spaces after driving round the car park twice. There's not a lot else you can do.

The manner in which he gave it me.. well...

I challenge anyone who says they've never done what I did today

I don't think anyone's taking a pot at you for parking where you shouldn't, most people have done it.

But then most people accept that when they get caught they were simply unlucky to be caught and that the traffic warden isn't a scum bag that deserves decking. I mean, don't get me wrong, by all means have a bit of a rant and call him a dickhead at the time. Loads of us get a bit prickly when we know we've ballsed up, I know I do. It doesn't make you a terrible person.

But then most of us calm down and accept we were in the wrong.

It's like speeding. Everyone goes over 70 on the motorway and most people will have a good swear and a moan about the speed limit if they get snapped by a speed camera. But you still just accept it at the end of the day because you know the law and you know you've broken it.

I don't think anyone's taking a pot at you for parking where you shouldn't, most people have done it.

But then most people accept that when they get caught they were simply unlucky to be caught and that the traffic warden isn't a scum bag that deserves decking. I mean, don't get me wrong, by all means have a bit of a rant and call him a dickhead at the time. Loads of us get a bit prickly when we know we've ballsed up, I know I do. It doesn't make you a terrible person.

But then most of us calm down and accept we were in the wrong.

It's like speeding. Everyone goes over 70 on the motorway and most people will have a good swear and a moan about the speed limit if they get snapped by a speed camera. But you still just accept it at the end of the day because you know the law and you know you've broken it.

No I know, I have calmed down now lol

I do only have myself to blame but I don't know what the council expect people to do when there are no car parking spaces.

Do you know anything about the council depot in the above pic?

(the warden didn't get any abuse at all at the time, I just got in my van and drove off. Representing my company with a sign written van and all that) I suppose if he'd got a bit of verbal at the time I'd have calmed down a lot quicker instead of letting it boil over.

The thing is, I wasn't, but I could've been working at the shop on an emergency gas leak or something. Not that it'd make it any more legal but had that have been the case you'd like to think the traffic warden would investigate matters further first. I wasn't working but he wasn't to know that either.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

That's county, mate, nothing to do with my lot.

Although I have had big, yellow vans done for parking violations as well as several tradesmen written up by City Wardens for littering so believe me when I say even councils aren't immune, haha.

lol

The funny thing (not) about that depot is that its due to be built on with new houses. Christ I hope they allow for ample parking as it really is horrendous on this road.

I do only have myself to blame but I don't know what the council expect people to do when there are no car parking spaces.

(the warden didn't get any abuse at all at the time, I just got in my van and drove off. Representing my company with a sign written van and all that) I suppose if he'd got a bit of verbal at the time I'd have calmed down a lot quicker instead of letting it boil over.

The thing is, I wasn't, but I could've been working at the shop on an emergency gas leak or something. Not that it'd make it any more legal but had that have been the case you'd like to think the traffic warden would investigate matters further first. I wasn't working but he wasn't to know that either.

I sympathsise but didn't you drive away from the crime scene before Mr Hitler could nab you?

lol

The funny thing (not) about that depot is that its due to be built on with new houses. Christ I hope they allow for ample parking as it really is horrendous on this road.

I thought the plans for that new housing development didn't include any parking at all? I just assumed there was plenty of street parking in the area. 

This is, of course, a complete lie - in fact I know bugger all about it! :-

I thought the plans for that new housing development didn't include any parking at all? I just assumed there was plenty of street parking in the area. 

This is, of course, a complete lie - in fact I know bugger all about it! :-

lol no they have to have parking by law the number of spaces depending on the number of bedrooms I think.

Doesn't matter.

My technicians have been given parking tickets by wardens when attending no water complaints or bad runs of water.  My company has told them that they will have to pay their own fines lol 

Senior management expect them to go to a carpark, then go to the job, check out water is required and then return to resolve the issue with whatever kit is required.

My ex brother in law, he left my sister for someone else and seems intent on ruining her and his kids lives.  He barely saw his eldest daughter when they were together, infact I saw her a lot more than he did and therefore became closer to her than her own father is.  What baffles me is why you would intentionally upset your own daughter?, she is the sweetest, funniest girl you'll ever have the pleasure to meet, just a joy to be around, and yet he chooses her birthday to upset her again, so much so she was hysterical.

Me and my family did everything we could to help him out and he did nothing, he's just a jumped up selfish twat.

Doesn't matter.

My technicians have been given parking tickets by wardens when attending no water complaints or bad runs of water.  My company has told them that they will have to pay their own fines lol 

Senior management expect them to go to a carpark, then go to the job, check out water is required and then return to resolve the issue with whatever kit is required.

For a water leak I'd say that's fair enough but for a gas leak with a potential explosion imminent..

My ex brother in law, he left my sister for someone else and seems intent on ruining her and his kids lives.  He barely saw his eldest daughter when they were together, infact I saw her a lot more than he did and therefore became closer to her than her own father is.  What baffles me is why you would intentionally upset your own daughter?, she is the sweetest, funniest girl you'll ever have the pleasure to meet, just a joy to be around, and yet he chooses her birthday to upset her again, so much so she was hysterical.

Me and my family did everything we could to help him out and he did nothing, he's just a jumped up selfish twat.

How sad,but it sounds like you summed him up fairly well in your last sentence .At least when it comes to the happier times in life it will be you she wants to share that with ,and as she gets older will appreciate you more and more and him less and less.sad but probably true.Reading some of your previous posts and not wanting to sound creepy,you seem like the perfect uncle with the amount of time you spend with them and enjoyment you get.Make sure you let her know how much you care ( I'm sure you do) because it sounds like she needs people like you and her mum to put a smile on her face.Hope it all works out.
  • Like 1

How sad,but it sounds like you summed him up fairly well in your last sentence .At least when it comes to the happier times in life it will be you she wants to share that with ,and as she gets older will appreciate you more and more and him less and less.sad but probably true.Reading some of your previous posts and not wanting to sound creepy,you seem like the perfect uncle with the amount of time you spend with them and enjoyment you get.Make sure you let her know how much you care ( I'm sure you do) because it sounds like she needs people like you and her mum to put a smile on her face.Hope it all works out.

Thanks very much, I adore my nieces and nephew its hard not to they're just so much fun and wonderful kids, maybe its because I don't have my own kids I just love being with them, so it just baffles me why he doesn't, its got to a stage where I'm questioning his mental health because its just not normal.

Edited by purpleronnie

People who carry on driving with their indicator on.

Just trying to get out of a junction. No car's coming left, nice. Look right, and someone has their left indicator on, and at a slow speed (was near school so loads of people walking about), so I go for it. He just drives forward instead.