Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The stupidity and ignorance of the country, watching pointless now and only 49% of the country can recognise a picture of Nick Clegg.

They only ask 100 people ( probably studio audience type people) , so it's not really representative  :D

edit;

i think if they asked the whole country , there'd never be any pointless answers  :)

Edited by Zingari

I apologise if I offend people with this one, but people who stop you in the street and try and get you to sign up for things.

I sympathise with people who work with charities, they're doing a good thing - but I'm sorry, don't try and get some moral high ground over me just because I'm not giving my own earned money to it. I've had a couple (dogs trust being the recent one) genuinely have a go at me for walking off and I've come close to telling them to fvck off, but resisted.

The worst one was last week. Jesus Christ man. This is IN WORK, City Council main building, waiting by the lifts I'm stopped by a woman who tries to sign me up to LOROS Charity. The fact I'm at work, I didn't want to cause any problem, so I spoke to her and gave her my name, but a false number (which I actually rang after I'd gone and it said it was unable to take my call). It's a good job I gave my real name, as a colleague walked past and said "alright Dan" lol

I feel bad in one way, but not in another. Maybe it's harsh to these people as they are doing good, but why should I be made to feel morally obliged to give away my money? It discourages me if anything. Show me what's being achieved with this money rather than some boring fvcking form.

I get into work today, and I have an email from an ex-colleague at the place I was at three months ago saying that I have a 'missed call from LOROS, ring them back' and I'm thinking for **** sake. Not happening I'm afraid. Maybe I'm harsh but meh, it's so annoying.

There's loads on the road I walk down through town to get to work. Best time I've overheard a conversation between charity worker and street walker was the WWF chap, who tried to rope someone in with "what's your favourite type of animal?" 

A lad, about 25 or so I'd say, in a full suit presumably on his way to an office job responded with "yer mum" and just carried on walking. I was done. Laughed so much I had tears streaming down my face. The WWF man in his bright orange top was knocked for 6 though, barely approached anyone else all day and hasn't been back since hahagha. 

There's loads on the road I walk down through town to get to work. Best time I've overheard a conversation between charity worker and street walker was the WWF chap, who tried to rope someone in with "what's your favourite type of animal?"

A lad, about 25 or so I'd say, in a full suit presumably on his way to an office job responded with "yer mum" and just carried on walking. I was done. Laughed so much I had tears streaming down my face. The WWF man in his bright orange top was knocked for 6 though, barely approached anyone else all day and hasn't been back since hahagha.

lol

Tip for you.

Use the disabled toilet in any event where you need to relieve yourself in public, if people are watching do a little limp or something.

Loads of space, clean usually and you can make a mess and no one will care.

I always pebble dash the disabled bogs in mcdonalds and college. Safe haven.

A disabled person would care as would the person that had to clean it up. :) But yes they are the best looked after in some places.

At railway stations you will need a key though. Used to go Nuneaton I borrowed a friends key to use it. He said they were easy to obtain from the council. 50p for replacements. I asked him to say he lost his so I could have one but never did.

I used them just before and after my stay in hospital. If I carried a walking stick with me there would not normally be questions asked.

Treat them as you would others and I see no problem.

No one like chuggers Ken, they bully people into giving money, not becuase they believe in it but becuase they are paid to do so.  No different from a pushy PVC window salesman.

I'm not too keen on them either. Although when I volunteered at the BHF I went out a couple of times handing flyers out. Was stopped doing it in the Highcross Centre because i found out it was privately owned and our lisence never covered it. It was raining that day too. The flyers were only promoting a sale. Left a load in a pub to get rid of them.

I'm not too keen on them either. Although when I volunteered at the BHF I went out a couple of times handing flyers out. Was stopped doing it in the Highcross Centre because i found out it was privately owned and our lisence never covered it. It was raining that day too. The flyers were only promoting a sale. Left a load in a pub to get rid of them.

Good job well done m8.

They only ask 100 people ( probably studio audience type people) , so it's not really representative :D

edit;

i think if they asked the whole country , there'd never be any pointless answers :)

The surveys are internet based, not sure whether they have any sort of diversity check.

I agree with you Dan. I thought you had put LORDS charity. (it was when you put Jesus Christ) No I put money in tins sometimes and I buy stuff from charity shops but I do not subscribe to any. I don't really have any favourites although animal ones are not high on my list. Cancer, children mental health heart disease are all good causes. Mind I've signed things then got emails thank you for your support but our fight does not stop here for as little as £££££££ a month... blah blah blah

I'm in a moaning mood today. And i quoted myself.

I have nothing against them raising money, but my serious gripe is when they try and take the moral high ground for not parting with your own earned money to give to something that you'll never ever reap the rewards of, it's a fact.

Don't feel guilty, they're doing it because they're on commission not because they feel strongly about whatever charity they represent. I never feel any guilt ignoring them or shutting the door in their faces.

The dog one was a dickhead. Started having a go at me for it and I don't know, he caught me on a lucky day to be honest.

lol lol

Not charity related but reminds me of my uncle that one does. Jehovah's Witnesses knocked on the door. To my surprise he actually answered the door and they say "have you ever read the bible?".

He replies "Nope. Have you ever read Mein Kampf" lol

I apologise if I offend people with this one, but people who stop you in the street and try and get you to sign up for things.

I sympathise with people who work with charities, they're doing a good thing - but I'm sorry, don't try and get some moral high ground over me just because I'm not giving my own earned money to it. I've had a couple (dogs trust being the recent one) genuinely have a go at me for walking off and I've come close to telling them to fvck off, but resisted.

The worst one was last week. Jesus Christ man. This is IN WORK, City Council main building, waiting by the lifts I'm stopped by a woman who tries to sign me up to LOROS Charity. The fact I'm at work, I didn't want to cause any problem, so I spoke to her and gave her my name, but a false number (which I actually rang after I'd gone and it said it was unable to take my call). It's a good job I gave my real name, as a colleague walked past and said "alright Dan" lol

I feel bad in one way, but not in another. Maybe it's harsh to these people as they are doing good, but why should I be made to feel morally obliged to give away my money? It discourages me if anything. Show me what's being achieved with this money rather than some boring fvcking form.

I get into work today, and I have an email from an ex-colleague at the place I was at three months ago saying that I have a 'missed call from LOROS, ring them back' and I'm thinking for **** sake. Not happening I'm afraid. Maybe I'm harsh but meh, it's so annoying.

Like any company charities hire companies to do that sort of stuff. The guys on the street or end of the phone do not work directly for those organisations.

Wait, you work in NWC? A or B?