Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Personally I prefer league, less stop start than Union.

Really? I find League much more stop start because the just run into the nearest opposition player, get tacked, roll it back and someone else does the same. They don't actually play rugby, it's just running with the ball until someone stops you then repeat.

Yeah but in Union they have to keep stopping for throw ins and scrum downs.Keep it moving.

That's the only difference, if they didn't have them it would just be 15 men running into each other again. Besides, the lineout and scrum are arts in their own right and it gives the game another dimension which league doesn't have.

Having played Union to a decent standard( got pocket money for playing) i much prefer watching league and I'm a southerner!

League is brutal,played once and never again,it hurt and I was a 2nd row in union,so wasn't shirking in my position.i was super fit,training twice a week plus we had to do gym work.Ran county 100m and cross country 6ft 4 17st and was blowing out of my arse at league and wanted my mum!

Just because it hurts to play and there's a few big hits, it doesn't make it a more exciting sport. I can watch a highlight reel of SBW smashes if that's all I want (in either code.)

Union is infinitely more variable and dynamic. At a poor level, yes it can be slow and dull, but the set pieces and the break down are what makes the gaps in play that make the game exciting for the backs.

League it's just sideways, sideways, sideways up the pitch with the odd linebreak. I'd rather watch gridiron.

• Like 1

Just because it hurts to play and there's a few big hits, it doesn't make it a more exciting sport. I can watch a highlight reel of SBW smashes if that's all I want (in either code.)

Union is infinitely more variable and dynamic. At a poor level, yes it can be slow and dull, but the set pieces and the break down are what makes the gaps in play that make the game exciting for the backs.

League it's just sideways, sideways, sideways up the pitch with the odd linebreak. I'd rather watch gridiron.

The brutality isn't the reason why I prefer watching league,although the breaks in play that brought the backs into the game in Union enabled me to dish out a bit of my own brutality .Just think its strange how I loved playing union,but prefer watching league at club level.International Rugby gets my juices flowing mind you.

City being the featured game when they lose. And knowing the TV it will be made to look as if they deserved to.

It gets worse. I recorded MOTD and delayed playbacked. The recording stopped and froze just as Shnichael dropped the ball into the net with his hands over his face.

Edited by Rincewind

That's the only difference, if they didn't have them it would just be 15 men running into each other again. Besides, the lineout and scrum are arts in their own right and it gives the game another dimension which league doesn't have.

It could be fun to have televised British bulldog leagues, my favourite game at school!

I'd just say buy me a pint next time you see me.

A few years back at work a lad used to borrow money off me every week. He paid me back but I was sometimes short myself to lend it. So one week I said keep it then you won't have to ask me next week. He did not come to me much after that.

Having played Union to a decent standard( got pocket money for playing) i much prefer watching league and I'm a southerner!

League is brutal,played once and never again,it hurt and I was a 2nd row in union,so wasn't shirking in my position.i was super fit,training twice a week plus we had to do gym work.Ran county 100m and cross country 6ft 4 17st and was blowing out of my arse at league and wanted my mum!

That's cause it's a completely different game fitness-wise. Union players are geared a lot more towards strength so obviously they're going to tire.

I'm not trying to change opinions because obviously that's not going to happen. It's just boring. I prefer watching NFL because it's more interesting. If that wasn't so stop-start it would be the better game imo.

Even when I was on the dole and had basically no money at all I don't think I'd get pissy with a mate over 2 quid. 

I owe some mates loads of money if it was all counted I'd assume, and other mates would owe me loads too. It all works out unless they're not really your friends and genuinely want to take money off you. 

• Like 1

Just say someone owes you £2.05, would you be arsey about the 5p if they didn't have it?

Definitely not lol I always forget when people owe me money. I was owed a couple of hundred a few years back and totally forgot until they offered it me back. Someone getting arsey about 5p is weird.

My housemate wanted the extra 5p. He's starting to get on my nerves

Unbelievable! Are him and one of his mates wanting to go halves on a pack of Tangy Toms or something? If he was a single mother trying to scrape a few pounds for a meal I'd understand but this dude sounds ridiculous. What's he gonna do with 5p? lol