Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I'd just say buy me a pint next time you see me.

A few years back at work a lad used to borrow money off me every week. He paid me back but I was sometimes short myself to lend it. So one week I said keep it then you won't have to ask me next week. He did not come to me much after that.

:o flippin heck Ken he only borrowed 2 quid you evil capitalist !!, that's about 80% interest !!!! shame on you.

;)  :D

Who cares? You can buy shit in Iceland for pennies, doesn't mean I want to shop there.

I'm more concerned about Ken lending someone 2 quid and expecting to be bought a pint in return.

it sounds like exploitation to me . 

One of my best mate is one of the tightest person I've ever met.

We were on a night out one time and he made me pay the difference from a pint to an amaretto & coke.

Try going on a lads holiday with someone like that. He was almost a headline in The Sun because we were this close to chucking him off the balcony.

I had a mate who I lent some money to during uni. It took him 3 months to pay me back (despite countless promises telling me it'd be next week etc). Since then (coming up to 2 years ago) I can guarantee after about 3 months he's always asking for money. It's bloody well annoying and he just doesn't get that I won't lend him money again. He wastes loads of it on betting and he'll try many excuses to try and get me to lend money to him. It's been up to £600 he's asked for on one occasion and even though I had it, there was no way he was having that.

Is it bad that even though we're friends (not good or great friends, just friends), I won't lend him money? I don't trust him cos there's just something deep inside that tells me I may not never see that money again...

I had a mate who I lent some money to during uni. It took him 3 months to pay me back (despite countless promises telling me it'd be next week etc). Since then (coming up to 2 years ago) I can guarantee after about 3 months he's always asking for money. It's bloody well annoying and he just doesn't get that I won't lend him money again. He wastes loads of it on betting and he'll try many excuses to try and get me to lend money to him. It's been up to £600 he's asked for on one occasion and even though I had it, there was no way he was having that.

Is it bad that even though we're friends (not good or great friends, just friends), I won't lend him money? I don't trust him cos there's just something deep inside that tells me I may not never see that money again...

Nothing wrong with it at all.

I'm not a tight person at all but I try not to lend certain friends money as I know ill struggle to get it back.

I've lent people money in the past and it's took ages to get it back and even then that was because I had to ask for it, which I think you should never have to do if you lend a friend money.

Nothing wrong with it at all.

I'm not a tight person at all but I try not to lend certain friends money as I know ill struggle to get it back.

I've lent people money in the past and it's took ages to get it back and even then that was because I had to ask for it, which I think you should never have to do if you lend a friend money.

Definitely agree on the final point especially. It shouldn't get to the stage where you have to ask for it back because they're too ignorant or selfish. As long as they let me know where they are in terms of paying me back or don't make false promises i.e. tell me I'll have my money by tomorrow but I'm still waiting after that then I'll be alright. But this guy I once lent money to would ignore my calls/texts simply wanting to find out what's going on.

If anything the whole experience actually made me a bit more wiser in terms of who I lend money to. There are probably only a handful of people now these days who I would lend money to if they were desperate and know that I'll get it back. Other people need to earn that trust with me. 

back in the 80,s knew someone,used to work with and borrowed a few times. came round m house for a fiver and i said no. a week or two later he either fell or jumped from his flat window at Elizabeth House.

He was in deep debt but also liked a pint or two.I did have guilt twinges for a while.

It was nor the first floor.still think he was sloshed up and may have fell whilst opening window.

Or in reality someone else filled in a spreadsheet with all work journeys which tallied to the odometer perfectly, thus ensuring complete transparency to the taxpayer. MPs just can't win these days can they ?

• Like 1

PPI calls. I had one to my work phone the other day. I literally only use it to call colleagues etc. It was a voice recorded one so I pressed 5 and was told someone would ring me back.

This right willy puller did so and got really stroppy when I told him I had no claims to make. 'So why did you leave me a message asking me to ring you back if you have no claims to make?'

'So you can take me off your call list'

Line goes dead. Twat.

Uni still not got individual timetables sorted... Received a few 'attendance problem' emails, but only because the modules arn't showing on my timetable.

Just frustrating mainly because we all pay a lot of money, and they can't even get a timetable sorted. I don't recall this happening last year.

Edited by Fox92