Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I had a mate who I lent some money to during uni. It took him 3 months to pay me back (despite countless promises telling me it'd be next week etc). Since then (coming up to 2 years ago) I can guarantee after about 3 months he's always asking for money. It's bloody well annoying and he just doesn't get that I won't lend him money again. He wastes loads of it on betting and he'll try many excuses to try and get me to lend money to him. It's been up to £600 he's asked for on one occasion and even though I had it, there was no way he was having that.

Is it bad that even though we're friends (not good or great friends, just friends), I won't lend him money? I don't trust him cos there's just something deep inside that tells me I may not never see that money again...

Nothing wrong with that. If he gets arsey because you won't lend him money then he is the cvnt and anyone with any brain cells will realise that.

PPI calls. I had one to my work phone the other day. I literally only use it to call colleagues etc. It was a voice recorded one so I pressed 5 and was told someone would ring me back.

This right willy puller did so and got really stroppy when I told him I had no claims to make. 'So why did you leave me a message asking me to ring you back if you have no claims to make?'

'So you can take me off your call list'

Line goes dead. Twat.

I'll not have a house phone when I move out. Ours at home is a joke, literally 90% of calls are these ridiculous unnecessary advertisements.

Imagine being paid to actually piss people off.

They just said she has already served 6 years. It may look wrong and personally I think the sentence should have been added to the time already served.

Look at it from a minor offemce POV like TV license evading. If a person is given 3 months and been on remand for 4 they will be released as they have served the time.

Seems wrong for what she has done but if she does the slightest thing she will be banged up for the full term I believe.

Edited by Rincewind

I'll not have a house phone when I move out. Ours at home is a joke, literally 90% of calls are these ridiculous unnecessary advertisements.

Imagine being paid to actually piss people off.

I don't bother with a land line phone, got a line for the broadband but haven't connected a phone. Everyone has my mobile anyway.

They just said she has already served 6 years. It may look wrong and personally I think the sentence should have been added to the time already served.

Look at it from a minor offemce POV like TV license evading. If a person is given 3 months and been on remand for 4 they will be released as they have served the time.

Seems wrong for what she has done but if she does the slightest thing she will be banged up for the full term I believe.

I don't have a problem with people's jail sentences taking into account their time served before trial but even so, only 6 years for torturing a baby to death over a prolonged time seems too lenient. I don't think people get locked up for not paying the tv license...

No offence Ken, but I dont think anyone assumed you were the judge.

If you were, all the innovators and entrepreneurs would be in prison and you'd probably still be wondering where all the jobs went

I suppose it brings a rather literal application of the concept of 'poetic justice' to the fore (although how a 'justice' cannot scan correctly is a concept a little beyond me)

No offence taken but I do not understand your second point. I never said she  should not have been  been given longer or set free. My point was that the judge follows certain procedures set out by law. A judge cannot rule on a case through personal feelings which is why many including myself could not be a judge.

If you were, all the innovators and entrepreneurs would be in prison and you'd probably still be wondering where all the jobs went

I don't see your reasoning. If I were judge I hope I would be fair regardless of who was in front of me and judge according to the laws of the land. I have said before I have nothing against people that earn money through hard work just those that bleed the country of taxes leaving the average working man to pay the price with a higher cost of living. I welcome entrepreneurs and innovators.

Can you make a note of that because you seem to be classing them the same as the ones who avoid paying the correct amount of tax which the majority of people do pay.

• Like 2

"It's horrendous news. Very tragic, the girl has been through so much, more than most people go through in their lives."

No, they are not talking about a 14 year old married to an old Muslim man. Or any girl who grew up on a rough estate, not able to follow her dreams. It's Jenson Button talking about a rich F1 reserve driver who had an accident, lost an eye but was able to keep on working in the field she loved.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24487701

Edited by BaltimoreBlue

"It's horrendous news. Very tragic, the girl has been through so much, more than most people go through in their lives."

No, they are not talking about a 14 year old married to an old Muslim man. Or any girl who grew up on a rough estate, not able to follow her dreams. It's Jenson Button talking about a rich F1 reserve driver who had an accident, lost an eye but was able to keep on working in the field she loved.

Very sad.Remember her crash well as this wasn't too far away from me.

Most people don't lose an eye though do they?  So he is not wrong.

Granted she had a good life but still I can Imagine she suffered a lot the past year given the circumstances.

lol lol lol lol!!

I know you like to waste the taxpayers money and have a dig at the Tories Ken but I think paying money to hire carers for the deceased might be pushing it.

Edited by MattP

Sorry I did not. I just read the quote and did not realise Jenson Button was speaking in the past tense. Thought he was talking about her losing her eye and her struggle to cope.

The girl has been through so much

It is tragic then.

Edited by Rincewind