Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

OK I made a mistake. I never read the link, mistook 'has' to be a present tense instead of past and assumed because of fhis sentence by CF that she was still alive and well. A silly mistake on my part. At least I got a rep off Matt.

It's Jenson Button talking about a rich F1 reserve driver who had an accident, lost an eye but was able to keep on working in the field she loved.

OK I made a mistake. I never read the link, mistook 'has' to be a present tense instead of past and assumed because of fhis sentence by CF that she was still alive and well. A silly mistake on my part. At least I got a rep off Matt.

It's Jenson Button talking about a rich F1 reserve driver who had an accident, lost an eye but was able to keep on working in the field she loved.

Ken, if I could hug you and smell your luxurious head of hair I would. (No Homo).

How can we forgive you without knowing all the facts. I haven't read your posts and I don't see things in just black and white. You can make your own mind up. I'm saying nothing. I put the word nothing in a poem last night, might read it on radio down and out 2pm - 4pm punj panini fm.

lol can you do these caricatures of other posters or is this your one speciality?

• Like 1

I was not asking your forgiveness Moose, I know I would never receive it.

Facts pass you by as you are always right.

I can believe that you do not read my posts.

Maybe so, but visions lose their way once inside your head.

I do, once I have given something some thought.

That is very true.

Your talent has no boundaries

Your research capabilities astound me.

I was not asking your forgiveness Moose, I know I would never receive it.

Facts pass you by as you are always right.

I can believe that you do not read my posts.

Maybe so, but visions lose their way once inside your head.

I do, once I have given something some thought.

That is very true.

Your talent has no boundaries

Your research capabilities astound me.

Doesn't rhyme.

• Like 1

forgive me yes forgive me no

come and read my tale of woe

no disabled ramp or carer on show

i'll mention this on dno

centre arranged a job for a bro

a wage they said, it'll help you to grow

lost his benefits because of this no-show

just how low can these tories go?

soup kitchen Mo

he's no place to go

food bank is empty so he ate a dead crow

he'll tell you about it on panj pani radio

david cameron, it's time to go

what's your excuse for this awful show?

he said times up boys, we've stopped this flow

gordon left me no money to throw

i'll mention this on dno

soup kitchen Mo

he's no place to go

lol lol lol

i'll mention this on dno

soup kitchen Mo

he's no place to go

You truly are a modern day "bard" MattP 

although i may have missed out the letters "sta" from the middle of the word . :D  :thumbup:

Got a job down the tip

Got bored took a shit

Got sacked took the hit

Back on benefits, yes!

Filled some forms just the norm

Free heating nice and warm

Free bus pass took a tour

Still on benefits, yes!

Down the pub, welcome back

Name engraved on welcome mat

Boozed up wearing trilby hat

Still on benefits, yes!

Council tax what is that

Free food makes me fat

Relaxing in my free flat

Still on benefits, yes!

Job centre just to lurk

What's that I need to work

Don't push me i'll go bezerk

I'm on benefits, yes!

Cameron how dare he

Make me work no not me

Don't he know about my knee

I'm on benefits, yes!

Cameron what's he saying

I can't live off tax payers?

This is crazy, pure bananas

I'm on benefits, yes!

One last verse a ken special

Perfect rhymes and adequate syllable rhythm

This will be my last word

I'm on benefits, yes!

Don't know all the full facts

All I know I'm not having that

You can't have your money back

Still on benefits, yes!

• Like 1

"It's horrendous news. Very tragic, the girl has been through so much, more than most people go through in their lives."

No, they are not talking about a 14 year old married to an old Muslim man. Or any girl who grew up on a rough estate, not able to follow her dreams. It's Jenson Button talking about a rich F1 reserve driver who had an accident, lost an eye but was able to keep on working in the field she loved.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24487701

Granted she had a good life but still I can Imagine she suffered a lot the past year given the circumstances.

I was being quite harsh in this case. But I often hear celebrities and sports people lamenting how tough life is. It really annoys me.

I was being quite harsh in this case. But I often hear celebrities and sports people lamenting how tough life is. It really annoys me.

The thing is, if you had devoted your entire life to your career. You'd feel pretty rough if your dream was taken away from you in an instant too. The money has got nothing to do with it.

The thing is, if you had devoted your entire life to your career. You'd feel pretty rough if your dream was taken away from you in an instant too. The money has got nothing to do with it.

That's true, but if your career ends and all you have as income is disability benefits it is going to be rougher. If you need a full time carer and the allowance barely covers the fee it is going to be rough. If some of your income is reduced it is going to be rough. But course these people are scroungers so do not desesrve public empathy.

She was able to pursue her interest in some capacity and was fortunate to have the means but maybe it hit her because it was difficult to adjust despite having money. These things affect people in different ways.

Natual causes it seems. It appears she was living a normal happy life. From how I read previous posts I thought she was suffering from depression. She just got on with her life the best she could. Something to be admired.

I just hope nobody on here who takes the piss out of the disabled suffers a disability.

Edited by Rincewind

You truly are a modern day "bard" MattP

although i may have missed out the letters "sta" from the middle of the word . :D:thumbup:

:D

What was the tv show that had Alan B'stard or something like that in? I could be a variation on him.

Hardly remember writing that, a combination of far too much strongbow and gin. :)

Ken, what point are you actually making. If you can't put it in to a brief sentence, then it's too convoluted and mixed up. I understand all the words you type but I truly cannot fathom how they work together and what your point is. It just seems to be a stream of consciousness of lazy generalisations, empty, ungrounded accusations, general observations and a bit of moral one upsmanship.

I'd add that it was my understanding carers were often provided by the state. If not, if of sufficient age then the person in question will surely be receiving some state pension and benefits, not to mention the savings/private pension they'll have thought about if sensible. If they've spent their lives spaffing their income/wages/benefits on rubbish with no provision for the future, forgive me for not having much sympathy.

I support a growing family (3 kids) in an expensive area on one fairly modest wage and yet I still manage to contribute 100 a month to my pension currently. It's nowhere near enough, I'm painfully aware of that but it always pays to have half an eye on the future.

I'm sure it will end up all being some big corporation's fault. Or maybe the government. Yes actually. Definitely the government. Always the government. The evil evil government. They just want you to suffer.

I just hope nobody on here who takes the piss out of the disabled suffers a disability.

Or if you do take the piss out of it yourself, can earn you millions.

Ken, what point are you actually making. If you can't put it in to a brief sentence, then it's too convoluted and mixed up. I understand all the words you type but I truly cannot fathom how they work together and what your point is. It just seems to be a stream of consciousness of lazy generalisations, empty, ungrounded accusations, general observations and a bit of moral one upsmanship.

He's just sticking up for the little guy, you know, disabled, the homeless, unemployed.....bulger killers, peadophiles etc