Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Here's one Ken.

What if a disabled person runs a company, makes a lot of profit, creates a lot of jobs for people, takes on some homeless people, getting them off the street, giving them an income and some self respect and then (outrageously) employs the services of a decent tax accountant who manages (at cost of £20,000) to save said disabled person £50,000 in corporation tax and £15,000 in personal tax.

How can one disabled man be simultaneously so virtuous and yet so evil? Is he one or the other? Or neither?

• Like 1

:D

What was the tv show that had Alan B'stard or something like that in? I could be a variation on him.

Hardly remember writing that, a combination of far too much strongbow and gin. :)

You do remind me of him a bit actually  :D

the series was called The New Statesman , it was pretty good in it's time.

I posted a few things last night after a few too many beers watching the footie. I've just looked to see what I posted  and it's just the usual drivel .I don't think I've got any apologies to make or owt.  :blush:

That's true, but if your career ends and all you have as income is disability benefits it is going to be rougher. If you need a full time carer and the allowance barely covers the fee it is going to be rough. If some of your income is reduced it is going to be rough. But course these people are scroungers so do not desesrve public empathy.

She was able to pursue her interest in some capacity and was fortunate to have the means but maybe it hit her because it was difficult to adjust despite having money. These things affect people in different ways.

Natual causes it seems. It appears she was living a normal happy life. From how I read previous posts I thought she was suffering from depression. She just got on with her life the best she could. Something to be admired.

I just hope nobody on here who takes the piss out of the disabled suffers a disability.

Who was taking the piss?

She was still working in F1

Who was taking the piss?

She was still working in F1

Not you Its the attitude of some people who have never met or spoken to a disabled person who is struggling to manage. They seem to think that because the are claiming a disability allowance they are living like kings.

I am pleased she was still working. Shows a lot of determination but what I was saying not every disabled person is able to.

When the cost of a carer for one day takes up the allowance for somebody that is wheel chair bound it means they are stuck in home for most of the week. Batteries on scooters only last for a certain time. The most expensive give a few miles extra. Is this what Cameron wants? The person I know cannot afford the majority of health care charges. He has gone with a cheaper one but they are a company that are newly started so prices are lower for a start.

I suppose I will be called a liar.

Not you Its the attitude of some people who have never met or spoken to a disabled person who is struggling to manage. They seem to think that because the are claiming a disability allowance they are living like kings.

I am pleased she was still working. Shows a lot of determination but what I was saying not every disabled person is able to.

When the cost of a carer for one day takes up the allowance for somebody that is wheel chair bound it means they are stuck in home for most of the week. Batteries on scooters only last for a certain time. The most expensive give a few miles extra. Is this what Cameron wants? The person I know cannot afford the majority of health care charges. He has gone with a cheaper one but they are a company that are newly started so prices are lower for a start.

I suppose I will be called a liar.

Liar! Liar with trousers and under garments aflame! Cameron's Britain is magnificent, everyone loves being part of the big society!

I was being quite harsh in this case. But I often hear celebrities and sports people lamenting how tough life is. It really annoys me.

The thing is, if you had devoted your entire life to your career. You'd feel pretty rough if your dream was taken away from you in an instant too. The money has got nothing to do with it.

In this particular case, according to the bbc she was cleared to race. She didn't lose her dream.

The vast majority of the world have to fight each day to live. They are never able to attain their dreams.

Undoubtedly, it would be difficult to realise your dream and then lose it. But at the same time, you should be able to remember that you were fortunate to do something you love, rather than sitting in a grey cube starring at a screen.

In this particular case, according to the bbc she was cleared to race. She didn't lose her dream.

The vast majority of the world have to fight each day to live. They are never able to attain their dreams.

Undoubtedly, it would be difficult to realise your dream and then lose it. But at the same time, you should be able to remember that you were fortunate to do something you love, rather than sitting in a grey cube starring at a screen.

Pretty sure council tenants can paint their flats these days.   :ph34r:

• Like 1

Half warm greasy lamb with some disgusting variety of mayonnaise on top with cold chips?

People only eat it as its the 'in' thing to do. Half who eat probably don't actually really enjoy it.

Probably only have a couple a year,but I love them.Really bad for you,processed crap and that's why they are nice.

Chicken nuggets from McDonald's are processed crap, but at least they're served hot from a hygenic place!

Never had them from Mickey Ds.Nicked a few off the kids plate when younger( we don't feed them crap to be fair)Greasy Kebab everytime over McDonalds given the choice.KFC my 2 nd favourite.

Chicken over a kebab at the end of a night eeeeevery time. 

There's a place in Liverpool called Krunchy Fried Chicken (it's like fake KFC) and it is amazing. Half 5 in the morning of most weekends after being kicked out of the last decent place in town that's open a Krunchy is the best thing in the world. Only 4 quid for loads of fried chicken, chips an a nice bottle of water. 

I imagine it is probably a bit grim sober and can't think of many things worse for you but fúck me it's amazing when you're goosed. 

Half warm greasy lamb with some disgusting variety of mayonnaise on top with cold chips?

People only eat it as its the 'in' thing to do. Half who eat probably don't actually really enjoy it.

Putting mayo on kebabs is a heinous crime.

Just no.

Nope. It's just effective food when drunk/off your head.

I don't have kebabs or food after every night out, but when you do have, it really does taste good.

Similar to having cold pizza the next morning. I'm sure not everyone does it, but for those that do, they clearly enjoy it!

Edited by StanSP