Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I'm pretty sure there's cyclists going around with those cameras intentionally riding badly to provoke drivers into a reaction that they can then film and put online.

I was driving down a quiet road the other week and three cyclists were riding abreast right across the road, despite this road actually having one of those huge pavements with cycle and pedestrian lanes on it. I had to slam on the breaks and then swerve around these idiots so naturally whacked the old horn on. I gave them a wft gesture as I passed only to see one of them sticking his middle finger up at me and another pointing to his helmet cam. It was a Sunday and I had no pressing concerns so I went around the block and stalked them a bit at a distance. Lo and behold they were riding like absolute cvnts, all over the road. I passed them again and this time made a big show of filming them with my phone as I passed. Really hope I find the video they took of me on YouTube so I can post my video as a response and show these cvnts up for the scumbags they are.

I cycle a bit myself so can sympathise with cyclists to some degree, but riding badly just to provoke and film a reaction is too much.

If, whilst driving, you were slamming on the brakes, swerving and gesturing at other road users before later continuing to drive whilst holding up a phone and filiming them, then you were much more of a danger to other road users than the cyclists were.

If, whilst driving, you were slamming on the brakes, swerving and gesturing at other road users before later continuing to drive whilst holding up a phone and filiming them, then you were much more of a danger to other road users than the cyclists were.

Oh right so I shouldn't have braked or swerved and instead I should have plowed into the back of the cyclists, probably killing them? I'll make a note of that for next time and when the police ask me why I didn't bother slowing down ill say well vacuousmom on foxestalk said it was safer just to maintain speed and keep driving right at and into any obstacles.

As for filming them, I'll admit that was less safe, but recognise that by now I was driving at about 8mph, with a clear view of the road in either direction which was totally clear.

Edited by MooseBreath
  • Like 2

Oh right so I shouldn't have braked or swerved and instead I should have plowed into the back of the cyclists, probably killing them? I'll make a note of that for next time and when the police ask me why I didn't bother slowing down ill say well vacuousmom on foxestalk said it was safer just to maintain speed and keep driving right at and into any obstacles.

As for filming them, I'll admit that was less safe, but recognise that by now I was driving at about 8mph, with a clear view of the road in either direction which was totally clear.

Having a breakdown old son? When I read the above, it seemed like you were on the verge of tears, there :D

And as for mocking my FT name by changing it to 'vacuous' and adding 'mom'- well that's just brilliant. I mean , who needs to make a point sensibly when you can mock the made-up internet name of some dude you never met?

Well done you. That showed me.

Except it didn't, because a safe driver would not have to swerve and slam on the brakes, but would drive according to what they can see ahead. A safe driver doesn't gesticulate at other road users and doesn't drive along whilst using a mobile phone and probably doesn't brag to strangers about how he stalked some people that pissed him off.

Our previous exchanges have established that you are a keyboard warrior.

Seems like you are a bit of a road warrior, too...

• Like 1

Having a breakdown old son? When I read the above, it seemed like you were on the verge of tears, there :D

And as for mocking my FT name by changing it to 'vacuous' and adding 'mom'- well that's just brilliant. I mean , who needs to make a point sensibly when you can mock the made-up internet name of some dude you never met?

Well done you. That showed me.

Except it didn't, because a safe driver would not have to swerve and slam on the brakes, but would drive according to what they can see ahead. A safe driver doesn't gesticulate at other road users and doesn't drive along whilst using a mobile phone and probably doesn't brag to strangers about how he stalked some people that pissed him off.

Our previous exchanges have established that you are a keyboard warrior.

Seems like you are a bit of a road warrior, too...

Yeah ok m8. I know my actions were safe. I've been driving for over a decade and clock up about 25k miles per year so I think I'll trust my own judgement over that of someone who wasn't even there. I take it you're one of these helmet camera lycra clad cyclists who go around getting angry with car drivers? Good luck to you, it looks like so much fun.

By the way I wasn't crying when I wrote my last post, I was actually in the middle of a good strong wank.

Edited by MooseBreath

I think you're going well out of your way to be an irritating twat TPH :D;)

Maybe I'm wide of the mark but I think you may have other problems in your life and you're hitting out in anger at others.

Or maybe you've just become Victor Meldrew 30 years early :thumbup:

My company pays money for a space so I can park at work. It does annoy me when people park in it and say 'you can't clamp me, it's illegal'. Within 20 minutes I can generally have it towed.

I still have to find and pay for an alternative space first. Not on.

My company pays money for a space so I can park at work. It does annoy me when people park in it and say 'you can't clamp me, it's illegal'. Within 20 minutes I can generally have it towed.

I still have to find and pay for an alternative space first. Not on.

I thought you said  it was just a pushbike in your parking space? 

Yeah ok m8. I know my actions were safe. I've been driving for over a decade and clock up about 25k miles per year so I think I'll trust my own judgement over that of someone who wasn't even there. I take it you're one of these helmet camera lycra clad cyclists who go around getting angry with car drivers? Good luck to you, it looks like so much fun.

By the way I wasn't crying when I wrote my last post, I was actually in the middle of a good strong wank.

You should have both hands on the wheel!

• Like 1

Looking through people's photos on Facebook on your touchscreen phone and unknowingly pressing 'Like'. Fast forward 12 hours and waking up to a message from your girlfriend asking why her timeline is telling her that you 'liked' a picture of a very fit bird.   :facepalm:

Edited by BornBlue
  • Like 1

Looking through people's photos on Facebook on your touchscreen phone and unknowingly pressing 'Like'. Fast forward 12 hours and waking up to a message from your girlfriend asking why her timeline is telling her that you 'liked' a picture of a very fit bird.   :facepalm:

No one is going to fall for that excuse  lol

Good luck  :D

Edited by I am Rod Hull

If you check, I wasn't specifically talking about one incident then. It's also a general annoyance.

You sound like one of those people who would park in the bay and then despite many warnings, be surprised when your car was gone when you got back to it!

Ah I see what you mean now but  if you read your posts back it's not that clear.

If I parked in the bay though, I wouldn't at all be surprised if my car was gone  . It would have sunk . Even I'm not stupid enough to park it in deep  water .

I'm still trying to get what happened anyway. You don't generally leave a push bike in a car parking space, you lock it to a solid object. If TPH could pick it up because it's in his way then any old criminal could have walked off with it too.

I'm still trying to get what happened anyway. You don't generally leave a push bike in a car parking space, you lock it to a solid object. If TPH could pick it up because it's in his way then any old criminal could have walked off with it too.

:D , that's what was confusing me .

How would it stand up in a parking bay? , Surely it only needed to be moved a couple of feet and leaned against a wall or something

anyway it's not really that important ,

TPH  just needs to grouse about something . :D

Would there not be a wall or fence at the back of the parking space? If there is a name or sign with private parking I can understand the frustration but to get into an argument over it? I would prefer a calm conversation myself. But I was not there so Can't speak for others.

:D , that's what was confusing me .

How would it stand up in a parking bay? , Surely it only needed to be moved a couple of feet and leaned against a wall or something

anyway it's not really that important ,

TPH just needs to grouse about something . :D

Especially bizarre when there is a railing a few yards away used often for that exact purpose.

Would there not be a wall or fence at the back of the parking space? If there is a name or sign with private parking I can understand the frustration but to get into an argument over it? I would prefer a calm conversation myself. But I was not there so Can't speak for others.

Huge signage at entrance to car park and at the back of each bay. It apparently didn't apply to this chap though as he had a bike, not a car, so he can leave it anywhere.

Too many steroids probably.

For the record, I was perfectly calm. He was very confrontational.