Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Assuming Superchav is Superdry, I'll stick up for them there.

It seems their imitation North Face waterproof jackets are predominantly terrible and far too common but most of their clothing is excellent and you can't get the same quality elsewhere.

Yes, I paid fifty quid for a hoody and yes it's reasonably expensive but it's thick, it's warm, it's comfortable, it's very well tailored, it's rugged, it's been washed hundreds of times without any of the above being diminished.

The same is true of their woolens nearly all of their winter clothes are brilliantly warm and durable without being garish, hideous and obnoxious.

It may not be purpleronnies brand of choice but it'll do me. I've had hoodies and jumpers from everywhere and nothing lasts like Superdry whilst staying vaguely within my tastes.

Oh and chav, really? It's hardly an executive, high class designer brand but I wouldn't describe it as chav.

Spot on regarding the quality,thick ,warm etc

Used to have a load of A&F t-shirts.Really good thick quality shirt,but these have got thinner of late,so I don't buy them anymore.Yep I know they are not designer but didn't mind paying a tad more when the quality was there.

Assuming Superchav is Superdry, I'll stick up for them there.

It seems their imitation North Face waterproof jackets are predominantly terrible and far too common but most of their clothing is excellent and you can't get the same quality elsewhere.

Yes, I paid fifty quid for a hoody and yes it's reasonably expensive but it's thick, it's warm, it's comfortable, it's very well tailored, it's rugged, it's been washed hundreds of times without any of the above being diminished.

The same is true of their woolens nearly all of their winter clothes are brilliantly warm and durable without being garish, hideous and obnoxious.

It may not be purpleronnies brand of choice but it'll do me. I've had hoodies and jumpers from everywhere and nothing lasts like Superdry whilst staying vaguely within my tastes.

Oh and chav, really? It's hardly an executive, high class designer brand but I wouldn't describe it as chav.

Love my grey superdry hoody. Like you say, it's absolutely perfect for winter, small logo and well worth the £50 I paid.

Got two Superdry cashmere jumpers too, both are so comfy and are coping fine several months down the line. £40 (each) well spent.

Problem is it's highly likely you're wearing a suit than another guy has been commando in numerous times and covered it in his juices on occasions.

I normally have to pay top dollar for that...

Having 'cleaned' clothes in a charity shop with a heavy duty steamer, any internal stains aren't gonna be removed, so you might actually be right there Matt.

I normally have to pay top dollar for that...

Having 'cleaned' clothes in a charity shop with a heavy duty steamer, any internal stains aren't gonna be removed, so you might actually be right there Matt.

That is the downside. But people should budget when short of cash has been the message from some posters on this forum many times, If you have the resources to splash out on the most expensive stuff but I was brought up with 4 siblings a father in a non skilled engineering role and less work later on through ill health we had to make do and my mum was great at making one meal last two days.

I've done the steaming and the worst soiled were thrown out

Edited by Rincewind

That is the downside. But people should budget when short of cash has been the message from some posters on this forum many times, If you have the resources to splash out on the most expensive stuff but I was brought up with 4 siblings a father in a non skilled engineering role and less work later on through ill health we had to make do and my mum was great at making one meal last two days.

What the hell did she cook!? :|

I've done the steaming and the worst soiled were thrown out

Question is, once your Mum had spent all that time figuring out how to divide your meals in half, could she find a way of heating them up?

You need a machete to chop your way through a frozen lasagne... believe me I've tried! :P

All those people flooding Facebook and Twitter suddenly claiming they are baseball fans and magically there teams are Cardinals or Red Soxs.

lol

I mentioned Baseball on my timeline for the first time for a while today, This was actually the series when I first got into the Sport back in 04'.

lol

I mentioned Baseball on my timeline for the first time for a while today, This was actually the series when I first got into the Sport back in 04'.

Not seen it, i will include you in my grinding of gears too then haha.

Been flooded, I actually dislike both teams well Cardinals more so it's adding to my frustrating.

I know you can. It was styeak and kydney pie liver heart veg etc. This was 50's and 60's  We may have had Lasagne but forejgn food had not been populised much back then with the old style cooks

When I was a kid, I used to be amazed that people said they didn't have bananas or eggs during the war.

Nowadays, young 'uns laugh at me when I say I didn't taste garlic until 1986, the only curry I had tasted before about 1988 was out of a cardboard box and had currants in it and people used to make scrambled eggs by burning eggs to the bottom of a pan.  In fact, it was only after obtaining a microwave oven after I graduated that I discovered that scrambled eggs don't normally taste of "burn".

:)

When I was a kid, I used to be amazed that people said they didn't have bananas or eggs during the war.

Nowadays, young 'uns laugh at me when I say I didn't taste garlic until 1986, the only curry I had tasted before about 1988 was out of a cardboard box and had currants in it and people used to make scrambled eggs by burning eggs to the bottom of a pan. In fact, it was only after obtaining a microwave oven after I graduated that I discovered that scrambled eggs don't normally taste of "burn".

:)

Who woah WOAH!

You can scramble eggs in the microwave? Every time I do it (in the damn pan) I end up scrubbing burnt egg off the bottom for an hour afterwards, even after following the GordonFvckOff Ramsay way by adding creame fresh and everything!

• Like 1

Whisk eggs into jar

Microwave 20 seconds

Mix

Microwave 20 seconds

Mix

Repeat until desired texture is acquired

Always prefer it in a pan though personally. Nothing like that spitting sound and the steam rising when you whack a load of wocestershire sauce into a hot pan. I'm also fond of making the 'adult' version by banging a bit of brandy in there and booom the whole thing explodes in flames.

Whisk eggs into jar

Microwave 20 seconds

Mix

Microwave 20 seconds

Mix

Repeat until desired texture is acquired

Always prefer it in a pan though personally. Nothing like that spitting sound and the steam rising when you whack a load of wocestershire sauce into a hot pan. I'm also fond of making the 'adult' version by banging a bit of brandy in there and booom the whole thing explodes in flames.

Cheers Heston! :)

Incompetent people- I don't even know how some of them are still in a job. Organised a voluntary work placement and did my CRB. They emailed me that one of my refeeres has not emailed them back yet so I asked whose was the refeere so I can contact him/her directly.

They don't reply for a week after then they said they will give it another week ignoring my request for refeere's details. A week later (after I emailed them for third time) they finally gave me details. I emailed the refeere and she emailed back saying she emailed the head office a month ago! So the refeere emailed again them and finally everything is sorted or at least that is what I thought....

My boss said she will get head office to post me a letter with start date and everything. I have been waiting for it two weeks now and I emailed my boss last Monday and phoned her assistant yesterday to no avail.

The worst thing of all is now due to their incompetences, I have missed some of the uni courses' prerequsite that I have to work in social care for a set period of time to gain enough experience to be able to apply for some courses. I think I have lost six weeks due to their blundering. ( I also lost two additional weeks due to me not filling my driving licence number on CRB correctly because I didn't noticed it was split in two parts but they waited two weeks to inform me of that!!!!!!)  :mad:

Oh and people downloading blackberry messenger apps and raving about it. What is the big deal- it is same thing as Whatsapp and loads of other apps on the market!

Edited by ChickenBoy

I don't wear the stuff with huge Superdry logos on, they're a bit vile. Most of the winter jumpers and coats aren't branded though (besides a small tag.) Nor are a lot of their polo shirts, which are also quite nice.

They've got a fair mix of slightly tasteful and more tacky stuff but they're all got a very high production quality in common. By contrast, I bought two Jack Jones tops for the same price as one SD hood and both have now either fallen to bits or didn't survive beyond four or five washes, shambles.

I must have been unlucky or their t-shirts are shit. I've had 2 and the logos were in tatters after just a couple of washes. Never buying one of their t-shirts again, but the hoodies are nice.