Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Found out next Thursday some of my lecturers and tutors are striking.

A cushy job with many benefits not good enough for them?

Why don't you ask them?

Found out next Thursday some of my lecturers and tutors are striking.

A cushy job with many benefits not good enough for them?

And if I'm right that's why they are striking, because that **** Gove is further demonstrating he knows the square root of **** all on how to improve education and is pretty much ripping everything up and implementing shit that will leave us even further behind the rest of the world academically.

And if I'm right that's why they are striking, because that **** Gove is further demonstrating he knows the square root of **** all on how to improve education and is pretty much ripping everything up and implementing shit that will leave us even further behind the rest of the world academically.

Or in other words he wants teachers to do a bit more and try and improve a victorian system that is seeing record numbers of children leaving school illiterate.

Dirty dishes being piled on top of each other before washing, meaning the back of the plates require an unnecessary wash.

However if you don't pile them then they spread. My old flat mate used to cover two to three surfaces with dishes so there'd be no room to prepare food, whereas if he stacked them there'd be a neat pile near the sink.

Edited by Jonaldinho

Doctors' Receptionists who ask for medical details about why you want an appointment. Are they medically qualified? No. So in my opinion they're in no position to 'diagnose' whether it's necessary I see a doctor or not. 

If, during my appointment, my doctor felt I'd been to see him needlessly, I'd be happy for him to tell me so and advise me what to do in a similar situation in future, but I really can't be doing with nosey receptionists with an over-inflated sense of their own importance. :angry: 

• Like 3

Or in other words he wants teachers to do a bit more and try and improve a victorian system that is seeing record numbers of children leaving school illiterate.

By making it more victorian? What he is doing has been shown world wide to be completely the wrong thing. The Scandinavian system is the best there is, and everything he does takes us further away from that. He's a typical out-of-touch tory.

By making it more victorian? What he is doing has been shown world wide to be completely the wrong thing. The Scandinavian system is the best there is, and everything he does takes us further away from that. He's a typical out-of-touch tory.

It bloody should be with the amount of public spending they have.

Out of touch Tory? He's an adopted bloke from Aberdeen who had to work and scrape for everything he had in life, a fishmarket, a rough Scottish state school and had to work hard there just to earn a place just in a secondary like Gordon's College.

I'll bet a pound to a penny his upbringing was far more in touch with the working class than either of ours was.

Self-service tills in supermarket.

Unexpected Item in bagging area!

Approval needed!

Please wait for assitance!

They're okay for baskets of a few items, but the new ones for a trolley load (especially when you've got someone who doesn't seem to know what they're doing ahead of you)... AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRGGGGGhhhhhh!!!

• Like 1

Approval needed!

They're okay for baskets of a few items, but the new ones for a trolley load (especially when you've got someone who doesn't seem to know what they're doing ahead of you)... AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRGGGGGhhhhhh!!!

Yes! I honestly hate them. I much prefer to just go to a normal checkout.

A few months ago, the machine even ran out of notes on me.

I'm not sure they are much of an improvement on going to tills with a human serving.

Yes! I honestly hate them. I much prefer to just go to a normal checkout.

A few months ago, the machine even ran out of notes on me.

I'm not sure they are much of an improvement on going to tills with a human serving.

In Oadby Asda last night, they only had these till open after 10pm. They had 4 staff on hand running around between tills to keep clearing the stoppages. Would have been quicker to just have 4 tills open.

Approval needed!

When I come home, nothing says "back in UK" more than witnessing the general public struggling with automated machines in supermarkets and train stations.

When I come home, nothing says "back in UK" more than witnessing the general public struggling with automated machines in supermarkets and train stations.

So, are you saying they don't have automated machines in Bulgaria, or that Bulgarian people are more tech-savy? :)

Doctors' Receptionists who ask for medical details about why you want an appointment. Are they medically qualified? No. So in my opinion they're in no position to 'diagnose' whether it's necessary I see a doctor or not. 

If, during my appointment, my doctor felt I'd been to see him needlessly, I'd be happy for him to tell me so and advise me what to do in a similar situation in future, but I really can't be doing with nosey receptionists with an over-inflated sense of their own importance. :angry:

Totally agree, winds me up too.

This came up on Facebook earlier(yes...I know, I'm sorry. I've succumbed to this way of communicating)

Just nosey old fvckers!!!

You can't go wasting doctors time though.

If I was the receptionist I'd ask selected patients to strip of before they went in and give them a preliminary examination.

So, are you saying they don't have automated machines in Bulgaria, or that Bulgarian people are more tech-savy? :)

In seriousness.... it just seems that people in the UK are more stressed by automation than in any other country I've been to. Maybe I just notice it more.