Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People who insist on giving you vague instructions rather than their address. Maybe it is a London thing, but these are genuine examples, My flat is on the corner of X and Y, above a Dominos pizza. Or I live near Archway tube, just give me a ring when you get there, I'll give you directions. 

Why can't people just give their address, it is easy enough to put it into your phone and find your own way there then you can ring their doorbell, instead of making it complicated.

People who insist on giving you vague instructions rather than their address. Maybe it is a London thing, but these are genuine examples, My flat is on the corner of X and Y, above a Dominos pizza. Or I live near Archway tube, just give me a ring when you get there, I'll give you directions.

Why can't people just give their address, it is easy enough to put it into your phone and find your own way there then you can ring their doorbell, instead of making it complicated.

I do that because my flat doesn't show up on google maps or most sat navs. They haven't updated yet. But if a place has been there a while I totally agree, no need for pointless pointing out of landmarks.

My boss is like that, 'go past the Old Greyhound pub which isnt there anymore its been turned into a car park'

lol

This, plus those that spend ten minutes to give you every single, turn, roundabout, corner, street name, church and shop between your starting point and their place. Most times you could be at their door before theyve finished guiding you.

lalalalalalalala....... im not listening, im just going to put it into the satnav/google anyway...lalalalalalalalala

It's a sunday night and people actually have to get up in the morning.

Noise Abatement won't do anything until 11pm. Any time after that moans can be justified.

People have to get up at all times during the day for different shifts.

Fvcks sake lads, it's once a year and you can't say you weren't expecting it, it happens every year, is it any wonder we have been turned into a joyless, sanitised health and safety nation when people complain about some fireworks at 9:30 on a Sunday. In fact is there anything that people won't moan about, so far this week: Halloween, Bonfire Night, (I'm sure the Christmas moaners will be out soon), fun.

Lighten up you miserable bastards.

I'm holding off until tomorrow. :glare: 

It's the 1st day of term for a lot of children. Couldn't they have done it on a Saturday or at least earlier? ****ing annoying.

Well I suspect that the fireworks you heard were due to Diwali. 

Diwali was yesterday and happens 1 day a year out of 365 days. 

It's 1 day. I'm sure the kids will be alright. I'm sure the parents will be fine, too. 

Well I suspect that the fireworks you heard were due to Diwali.

Diwali was yesterday and happens 1 day a year out of 365 days.

It's 1 day. I'm sure the kids will be alright. I'm sure the parents will be fine, too.

They were a white family so I highly doubt it.

Fvcks sake lads, it's once a year and you can't say you weren't expecting it, it happens every year, is it any wonder we have been turned into a joyless, sanitised health and safety nation when people complain about some fireworks at 9:30 on a Sunday. In fact is there anything that people won't moan about, so far this week: Halloween, Bonfire Night, (I'm sure the Christmas moaners will be out soon), fun.

I'm from a generation that considers it rude to knock someone's door after dark, to phone them after about 7pm or to disturb anyone else's peace on a Sunday.

If my distaste for several weeks of late night explosions when I have to be up at 6.00 makes me a 'miserable bastard' then I accept the description gladly.

Doesn't stop me calling the wee wanks letting off bangers at 10:30 a fortnight before bonfire night in a residential area 'inconsiderate bastards' though...

Lovely day off been tidying the garden up planting a few bulbs etc.

Completely spoilt by the clown next doors non stop whistling. A relentless

out of tune, The lion sleeps tonight. When I could take no more, I went inside, opened

the windows and put Henry Cow on full blast .Try whistling along to that,tosser!!