Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Lovely day off been tidying the garden up planting a few bulbs etc.

Completely spoilt by the clown next doors non stop whistling. A relentless

out of tune, The lion sleeps tonight. When I could take no more, I went inside, opened

the windows and put Henry Cow on full blast .Try whistling along to that,tosser!!

Had a run in with one of those dickhead whistlers myself this morning. Just walking into the office at about 8.15am and this **** followed behind me, so I held the door open for him and as I walked down the corridor he walked inches behind me doing this ridiculous fail whistle with more fcvking hissing than whistling, loud as hell right in my ear, not even a tune just random bursts of noise, like a fvcking diseased snake having a seizure. I dunno wtf he was playing at. Monday morning you don't need to be doing that shit.

people who stop to have conversations in doorways should be forcibly castrated, arseholes.

Ditto, with at the bottom of escalators, the middle of supermarket aisles, or smack bang in the middle of the pavement. :@

Lovely day off been tidying the garden up planting a few bulbs etc.

Completely spoilt by the clown next doors non stop whistling. A relentless

out of tune, The lion sleeps tonight. When I could take no more, I went inside, opened

the windows and put Henry Cow on full blast .Try whistling along to that,tosser!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNoOiScwtzk

Just reminded me of this :D

Fvcks sake lads, it's once a year and you can't say you weren't expecting it, it happens every year, is it any wonder we have been turned into a joyless, sanitised health and safety nation when people complain about some fireworks at 9:30 on a Sunday. In fact is there anything that people won't moan about, so far this week: Halloween, Bonfire Night, (I'm sure the Christmas moaners will be out soon), fun.

Lighten up you miserable bastards.

Bah humbug! :santa:

Can someone explain the point of Christmas in a secular society? Surely it would be better to spread the spending and selling across the year instead of the boom and bust scenarios it creates? Suicide rates go up at Christmas because of people feeling left out or inadequate. People are stressed by heavy work loads (posties :whistle: .) Crap entertainment is tolerated. Inferior music is played relentlessly over and over and over and even the good Christmas songs start to grind after a while!

Wouldn't it be nice to buy someone a present because you want to, at a time when you can afford it, when they won't expect it? How much nicer would that be!?

Bah humbug!

• Like 1

Can someone explain the point of Christmas in a secular society? Surely it would be better to spread the spending and selling across the year instead of the boom and bust scenarios it creates? Suicide rates go up at Christmas because of people feeling left out or inadequate. People are stressed by heavy work loads (posties :whistle: .) Crap entertainment is tolerated. Inferior music is played relentlessly over and over and over and even the good Christmas songs start to grind after a while!

Wouldn't it be nice to buy someone a present because you want to, at a time when you can afford it, when they won't expect it? How much nicer would that be!?

Bah humbug!

Because otherwise winter would be fvcking depressing, at least Christmas or a secular version of it, lets be honest it has bugger all to do with J.C. these days, gives something to look forward to and brightens up the streets, imagine how depressing December would be if there were no Christmas lights up, I'm pretty sure suicide rates would be higher without Christmas.

I like your idea of just buying someone a present, or the whole family getting together for no reason, but Christmas shouldn't stop that it's just that it is not always that easy for the whole family to get together and Christmas is a time when everyone has a few days off and can relax and enjoy it.

I love Christmas, and Halloween and Bonfire night and New Years eve and Birthdays and Easter and Pancake day, I even love Valentine's day I only wish there were more reasons to have a bit of fun out there.

• Like 2

Bah humbug!

But then when would we have Christmas Dinner? Or Advent calendars? Or days off work with the sole aim of getting whammed? Or the festive football period? Or anything to do with Christmas? Or any reason to survive through the winter?

Bah humbug!

Blimey Trav, it only comes once a year (more than kingfox and Lamby).

Just enjoy it, man.

Bah humbug!

I believe that was the original working title for the song on Pet Sounds. I can see why Brian Wilson tweaked it, it's just not as pithy.

• Like 1

Bah humbug!

agree, dont see the point in a secular society. but I do like christmas, but the presents annoy me. if it was up to me I wouldnt get anyone else presents but they wouldnt get me any either

Love the atmosphere in the country in the run up to Christmas, as well as the romance of the whole idea. In reality though for me it's usually just a load of trips to see relatives I barely have any connection with, and lots of money spent toeing the line. I'm usually glad when it's all over and I can start looking forward to a long haul January holiday to somewhere sunny and the arrival of spring beyond that.

Edited by MooseBreath

More drink, more food, happier people, more laughing, more music, strangers actually saying hello and sharing, spending time with the family, boxing day test on TV, snow, chills, gluwine, pies, turkey, champagne, bacon and sausage rolls on your dinner, the pogues, festive football, the king george and a few tears for those who couldnt be here,

If you don't like Xmas I'd just probably top myself, it's this country at it's finest.

Best thing is the cold, bored of wearing short sleeved shirts, more choice now.

Love the atmosphere in the country in the run up to Christmas, as well as the romance of the whole idea. In reality though for me it's usually just a load of trips to see relatives I barely have any connection with, and lots of money spent toeing the line. I'm usually glad when it's all over and I can start looking forward to a long haul January holiday to somewhere sunny and the arrival of spring beyond that.

Exactly, can't speak for everywhere but there's a great atmosphere out in Sheffield in December. Like being wrapped up warm and wondering around the markets and stopping by the pubs.

Do people really need a reason to go out and have a good time? Can't we do it whenever we like? Why wait until Christmas, New Years, Halloween, whatever?

Oh yeah, I remember.... baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

the finals of one man and his dog ? good idea we ought to celebrate that  :beer:

the finals of one man and his dog ? good idea we ought to celebrate that  :beer:

It's on Countryfile now... I dearly wish I could find it as enjoyable as I did when I was a kid. They were simpler times when we were satisfied with less glitz and glamour.

Anyway, my point is this...

• Like 1

Do people really need a reason to go out and have a good time? Can't we do it whenever we like? Why wait until Christmas, New Years, Halloween, whatever?

Oh yeah, I remember.... baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Christmas is all about family for me, and my family is all over the world, so it does take something like Christmas to bring everyone together.

• Like 1