Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Why are cyclists such twats?

Seriously, why?

By 'cyclists', I don't mean just anybody on a bike. I mean those fully-ordained, vocational cyclists. Those lycra-clad twats. Those intolerable fvcks in wraparound shades. You know the sort.

They all seem to have some weird chip on their shoulder; like they're constantly trying to prove some non-existent point to the world. 

* They ignore cycle lanes and choose to use the road instead, causing massive tailbacks

* They ride two or three abreast when they please, causing drivers to have to risk their lives overtaking them

* They don't keep in to the side

* They're more or less invisible in the dark, but for their poxy flashing LED

* Despite causing motorists misery, they kick-off like mad if any driver even slightly obstructs them

* They skip red lights

* They undertake you in traffic, which is dangerous to themselves

Their actions are the absolute epitome of self-importance and egoism.

To makes things worse, some of the even more militant ones recently ruined some girls life. Some cyclist twat (who may have been cycling irresponsibly, who knows) was knocked off his bike by a 23 year old girl in Norwich. She put a post on Twitter, using the hashtag #bloodycyclists.

Hundreds of these lycra-fetishist scumbags subsequently launched a targeted campaign of cyberbullying against her. The subsequent furore resulted in her getting sacked from her job as a trainee accountant.

What is their fvcking problem?

• Like 1

I've never really had a problem with cyclists. Most of those things are perfectly legal.

Well actually, they shouldn't ride in the middle of the road, they shouldn't run red lights, they shouldn't ride more than two abreast, and on busy streets they shouldn't even ride more than one abreast. They should also have sufficient lighting when it's dark. I don't have too much of a problem them, but some of them do act like they can ride like complete lunatics putting they're own life in danger, safe in the knowledge they can blame the motorists.

• Like 1

Well actually, they shouldn't ride in the middle of the road, they shouldn't run red lights, they shouldn't ride more than two abreast, and on busy streets they shouldn't even ride more than one abreast. They should also have sufficient lighting when it's dark. I don't have too much of a problem them, but some of them do act like they can ride like complete lunatics putting they're own life in danger, safe in the knowledge they can blame the motorists.

I've said this about cyclists before, really annoys me when they don't wear reflective clothing or have no lighting.

I wouldn't drive my car in the dark without headlights on so why do they think they can ride their bike without lighting. You also know if you clipped or knocked one them off they'd make out its your fault.

I've said it before in this thread about cyclists, but I think most people feel the same. I'm not bothered about them using the road, but they've got to adhere to the rules... Crossed the road today, literally, the cyclist went through a red light. Of course, he was near me but couldn't have hit me, but it only takes a person cycling fast with the intention of going through a red light, and someone not looking while crossing the road (although that is wrong as well), to cause an accident.

Edited by Fox92

I've said it before in this thread about cyclists, but I think most people feel the same. I'm not bothered about them using the road, but they've got to adhere to the rules... Crossed the road today, literally, the cyclist went through a red light. Of course, he was near me but couldn't have hit me, but it only takes a person cycling fast with the intention of going through a red light, and someone not looking while crossing the road (although that is wrong as well), to cause an accident.

This.

I was waiting at the traffic lights Sunday afternoon, a cyclist comes past wearing all the gear and them little stupid head cameras that some of them wear. He then went through a red light over soar valley which is quite a fast road.

I think a quite a few of them think they own the road but if someone does something they don't like they are quick enough to tell you they've got it all on camera.

I think people are getting "cyclists" and "dickheads" mixed up a bit. People don't hate cyclists (well not many do anyway) but they hate dickhead cyclists. Just like everyone hates dickhead drivers who don't drive like normal people or dickhead parkers who park in stupid places or dickhead pedestrians who cross without looking etc etc.

Quite a large proportion of cyclists could be dickheads, maybe that's it.

I think people are getting "cyclists" and "dickheads" mixed up a bit. People don't hate cyclists (well not many do anyway) but they hate dickhead cyclists. Just like everyone hates dickhead drivers who don't drive like normal people or dickhead parkers who park in stupid places or dickhead pedestrians who cross without looking etc etc.

Quite a large proportion of cyclists could be dickheads, maybe that's it.

Any normal person riding on roads wearing full Lycra thinking they are Bradley Wiggins are dickheads.

To makes things worse, some of the even more militant ones recently ruined some girls life. Some cyclist twat (who may have been cycling irresponsibly, who knows) was knocked off his bike by a 23 year old girl in Norwich. She put a post on Twitter, using the hashtag #bloodycyclists.

Hundreds of these lycra-fetishist scumbags subsequently launched a targeted campaign of cyberbullying against her. The subsequent furore resulted in her getting sacked from her job as a trainee accountant.

Hang on a minute, she's got no-one to blame but herself. She knocked someone off their bike, drove off without checking if they were ok and then was ****ing stupid enough to brag about it on Twitter.

Cyclists get right on my nerves too, but how you can defend someone for bragging about what was essentially a hit and run is ridiculous. She could have seriously injured or killed the bloke for all she knew. She's got no-one to blame for what's subsequently happened but herself. She could have stopped to see if the bloke was ok and sorted it there and then, no one forced her to post flippant comments about it on Twitter - if she hadn't done that, she probably would never have been tracked down. What a moron.

• Like 1

Am i the only driver that isn't upset by cyclists on the road? it's easy enough to look out for them by checking mirrors etc and you just need to  give them some time and room . Some are silly and take risks, but so do some car drivers

• Like 1

Am i the only driver that isn't upset by cyclists on the road? it's easy enough to look out for them by checking mirrors etc and you just need to  give them some time and room . Some are silly and take risks, but so do some car drivers

No, I don't either, nor odd examples of bad driving. We're all human, we all make mistakes sometimes.

• Like 2

Hang on a minute, she's got no-one to blame but herself. She knocked someone off their bike, drove off without checking if they were ok and then was ****ing stupid enough to brag about it on Twitter.

Cyclists get right on my nerves too, but how you can defend someone for bragging about what was essentially a hit and run is ridiculous. She could have seriously injured or killed the bloke for all she knew. She's got no-one to blame for what's subsequently happened but herself. She could have stopped to see if the bloke was ok and sorted it there and then, no one forced her to post flippant comments about it on Twitter - if she hadn't done that, she probably would never have been tracked down. What a moron.

Clearly it wasn't too smart of her, but the cyclist didn't report the incident, was completely unharmed and she claimed he was on the wrong side of the road - which might explain why he chose not to report it.  Plenty of people write stupid things on twitter, and frankly when it turns into a witch hunt of a young girl, the twitter cycling lobby come off looking worse in my view.

What is it about riding a bike that necessitates wearing such ridiculous outfits anyway? They look like 1990s glowstick ravers on their way to a bondage party. You know what was all the rage when I was a lad? Shorts and t-shirt, and you'd never go far wrong with that. These days they're all rubbered up like deep sea divers. Let's be honest no-one would be surprised if it turned out half of these guys have a mechanical dildo attached to their seat which gives them a good ass-ramming through a discrete hole in their wet suits as they're riding along. Bloody perverts.

Edited by MooseBreath
  • Like 2

Clearly it wasn't too smart of her, but the cyclist didn't report the incident, was completely unharmed and she claimed he was on the wrong side of the road - which might explain why he chose not to report it.  Plenty of people write stupid things on twitter, and frankly when it turns into a witch hunt of a young girl, the twitter cycling lobby come off looking worse in my view.

She was asking for it.

When you hit someone on the road, why would you go and brag about it on a social platform for the whole world to see? What was she expecting after she wrote that tweet? Sympathy for hitting someone on the wrong side of the road? Give over.

'witch hunt' lol.

She didn't know that when she drove off and she didn't know that when she bragged about it on Twitter either. Even if the cyclist was at fault, any decent human being would stop to see if he was ok - she didn't. It's not the fact that she knocked him off his bike, it's the fact that she didn't bother to see if he was ok, drove off and made light of it on Twitter later.

All this 'well she said it was probably his fault' stuff doesn't wash either. If it had been a pedestrian who had stepped out into the road and got clipped by her car, and she'd sped off and then gone home and posted "Definitely knoacked over a pedestrian earlier. I have right of way - they don't even pay road tax! #Bloodypedestrians." then she would have been absolutely slaughtered.

I don't feel particularly sorry for her, especially when she's entirely brought this on herself through her own actions.

She didn't know that when she drove off and she didn't know that when she bragged about it on Twitter either. Even if the cyclist was at fault, any decent human being would stop to see if he was ok - she didn't. It's not the fact that she knocked him off his bike, it's the fact that she didn't bother to see if he was ok, drove off and made light of it on Twitter later.

All this 'well she said it was probably his fault' stuff doesn't wash either. If it had been a pedestrian who had stepped out into the road and got clipped by her car, and she'd sped off and then gone home and posted "Definitely knoacked over a pedestrian earlier. I have right of way - they don't even pay road tax! #Bloodypedestrians." then she would have been absolutely slaughtered.

I don't feel particularly sorry for her, especially when she's entirely brought this on herself through her own actions.

Neither does she.

I do agree with BornBlue about cyclists not using cycle paths, you have a safe section to ride in without vehicles and the potential for angry motorists and causing tailbacks.

You should go to Zurich - the amount of cyclists' violations against traffic laws there is... let's put it this way... out of this world. lol

And yes, the sad part is they think they're all doing nothing wrong. And then you look at what car drivers have to be aware of on a daily basis when it comes to traffic...

It's mind-boggling.

Then again, it's also a case of major European cities or larger cities not having a well-planned bicycle lane system - hence the users often opting for their own choice of way.

This REALLY gets me angry, too. It's bad enough that you have to use a public lav in the first place without it being revoltingly soiled by who knows how many twats that, as Moose says, seem to take pleasure in making as much mess as possible. Why? They wouldn't piss all over their own toilet seats.

Try public restrooms like the ones at the Highcross or any major airport - I'm baffled as to how some human beings can justify acting like pigs.

Urin all over the place, stuck toilet paper or crap still lingering in the toilet, damaged toilet seats...

Why, just why?

Edited by MC Prussian

Spilling curry down my brand new jumper then like an idiot rubbing the wool to get the stain out.  Stains gone but I've taken a layer of the wool out ruining the frickin jumper!!!!

#bloodysheepwiththeirinferiorwool