Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Surely in those circumstances you yawn, stretch, make your excuses and leave?

I would do if I wasn't relying on others for a lift back to the hotel. Yawning and stretching was done in ever more exagerrated manner, but unfortunately I was dealing with a septic, so subtlety was lost. Also being quite new to the company I am trying to be polite and pleasant and not a miserable git. It always felt like we were leaving in a minute, she just needed to drain the last warm flat dregs. It just never happened, others were starting to put their scarves on, getting restless, but nobody said anything. For me it got to the point where I was so pissed off that I knew there was nothing I could say that wouldn't come out in the wrong way.

I think that belongs in the first world problems thread. Along with the fact I still cannot quote

There's an Owen Jones article about legalising cannabis. Haven't read it yet, from skim reading it's not particularly enlightening, I could give all the pros and cons of drug legalisation since about 14 years old.

Does amaze me how poor some people's geography is. I wonder if it's just me being good or others being absolutely stupid and to be honest it doesn't take Einstein to know Milan is in France.

I do think that by following football you learn a lot more about places and "geography". Would any of us have a clue where San Marino or Liechtenstein was if it wasn't for football?

Edited by Captain Pancake Face

I do think that by following football you learn a lot more about places and "geography". Would any of us have a clue where San Marino or Liechtenstein was if it wasn't for football?

Yeh I agree. Hence my last post in here - I do wonder if it's improved my geography without even trying.

Some things seem so basic though and it amazes me someone could get Milan's country wrong.

I know what you mean and I agree somewhat. But we're talking about Milan, the capital of Italy. Not some obscure tinpot village in the middle of Russia

Prove they are imagined. Have you spoken to the people it is happening to?

I tried to get an interview with a guy on benefits living alone in the bedroom tax but he didn't answer the door as he couldn't hear it, he was blasting music out in his third floor gym according to his neighbour.

I do think that by following football you learn a lot more about places and "geography". Would any of us have a clue where San Marino or Liechtenstein was if it wasn't for football?

You are far too tolerant of people. Milan is a capital, incomparable to the other two mentioned.

As for dinner, say something, no way would I waste 30 mins of my life listening to some whining bint going on about her kids if I wanted bed, you should have got a taxi out gone to the bar and enjoyed a drink on your own from the top shelf.

You are far too tolerant of people. Milan is a capital, incomparable to the other two mentioned.

As for dinner, say something, no way would I waste 30 mins of my life listening to some whining bint going on about her kids if I wanted bed, you should have got a taxi out gone to the bar and enjoyed a drink on your own from the top shelf.

I'm not saying people shouldn't know the capital of Italy :ph34r:  I just think that those of us who follow sport have a much clearer idea of european geography than those that don't take any interest in it.

As for the bint, I should have done and if I had known that it was going to be half an hour of my life wasted, I would have said something straight away, but at every moment I was only thinking it will only be another minute, where it got to the point that I don't think I could have expressed my frustration politely.