Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Where you going to deport them to? Most of them are probably born here. Good luck trying to deport someone out of their own country. Also they can protest all they like, doesn't mean people have to or will do what they want. If they dish out the lashes by all means arrest them and punish them.

They aren't breaking any laws there.  They are about as wrong as can be, trying to tell others how to live their lives, but if I tell them they can't protest against something they believe to be wrong then I am doing the same.

They aren't breaking any laws there.  They are about as wrong as can be, trying to tell others how to live their lives, but if I tell them they can't protest against something they believe to be wrong then I am doing the same.

Business owners in Brick Lane in Whitechapel, on the edge of the City, were warned that they faced 40 lashes if they continued to sell alcoholic products. 

what do you mean they aren't aren't breaking any laws ? surely if this is true then it's intimidation and threatening behaviour at least ?

if  strikers were acting in this way i'm pretty sure the police would be rounding them up and you'd be applauding 

Business owners in Brick Lane in Whitechapel, on the edge of the City, were warned that they faced 40 lashes if they continued to sell alcoholic products. 

what do you mean they aren't aren't breaking any laws ? surely if this is true then it's intimidation and threatening behaviour at least ?

if  strikers were acting in this way i'm pretty sure the police would be rounding them up and you'd be applauding 

That's what I thought, however I can't find any photographic evidence that they actually said that. If it's true then they should certainly be prosecuted.

That's what I thought, however I can't find any photographic evidence that they actually said that. If it's true then they should certainly be prosecuted.

Yes i can't either , but if enough of the shopkeepers and other local people are saying   that they are being intimidated and threatened , i don't see why there needs to be any photographic evidence .

football hooligans don't need to carrry banners with threats to be arrested for threatening behaviour 

Yes i can't either , but if enough of the shopkeepers and other local people are saying   that they are being intimidated and threatened , i don't see why there needs to be any photographic evidence .

football hooligans don't need to carrry banners with threats to be arrested for threatening behaviour 

Without wanting to dig up old arguments it was in the Mail and some people on here will claim it never happened. I was just covering myself :D

Without wanting to dig up old arguments it was in the Mail and some people on here will claim it never happened. I was just covering myself :D

ah yes i see :xmasbiggrin:  i've looked around and only a few other papers are mentioning it ( telegraph and express ) and there doesn't seem to be anything on the BBC.  So either it's being blown out of all proportion , some burying of heads in sand,  or a decision not to inflame the situation .

hopefully it'll all blow over soon enough   

ah yes i see :xmasbiggrin:  i've looked around and only a few other papers are mentioning it ( telegraph and express ) and there doesn't seem to be anything on the BBC.  So either it's being blown out of all proportion , some burying of heads in sand,  or a decision not to inflame the situation .

hopefully it'll all blow over soon enough   

The Daily Mail. Enough said.

:xmaslaugh: Alcohol causes 10k deaths per year so the solution is a brutal bunch of nonsense dreamt up by a kiddie-fiddling warlord? Do these people actually think before they speak...

Oh, and business owners were threatened, with this letter:

LegalNotice.jpg

Idiots.

I cannot believe that the Mail would publish what could be a spoof story as fact.

There are plenty of shops owned by muslims that serve alcohol. Did the protesters check the validity of the letters? Ignoring the letter would be the best thing to do as I doubt iy has any legal creditbility and would be laughed out of court.

So it was a waste of printing space which could be put to better use by sending reporters out onto the street and getting some real stories about what is happening within our communities.

Edited by Rincewind

I cannot believe that the Mail would publish what could be a spoof story as fact.

There are plenty of shops owned by muslims that serve alcohol. Did the protesters check the validity of the letters? Ignoring the letter would be the best thing to do as I doubt iy has any legal creditbility and would be laughed out of court.

So it was a waste of printing space which could be put to better use by sending reporters out onto the street and getting some real stories about what is happening within our communities.

lol lol

The Israel / Palestine dispute would be swiftly solved if you stuck a great big pub in the middle of Jerusalem and told them to sort out their differences over a pint of best bitter.

could be right but holding a wedding reception in the pub would be a mistake.

:xmaslaugh: Alcohol causes 10k deaths per year so the solution is a brutal bunch of nonsense dreamt up by a kiddie-fiddling warlord? Do these people actually think before they speak...

Oh, and business owners were threatened, with this letter:

LegalNotice.jpg

Well seeing as the upcoming establishment of a sharia state is a long way off I think they would be safe to ignore it for now.

Not sure if legally it could be classed as threatening as the punishment would only be meted out after a certain unlikely condition has been met. It's like someone saying I'm going to punch you in the testicles after Coventry's upcoming champion's league win. You could say it is inciting racial hatred so there could be a case there. Or possibly some attempt to disrupt someone's business. Don't know, but whoever sent that letter is a laughably deluded twat of the highest order.

The Israel / Palestine dispute would be swiftly solved if you stuck a great big pub in the middle of Jerusalem and told them to sort out their differences over a pint of best bitter.

That could be true. Less than a hundred years ago most of the Jews and Palestinians in the area got along fine. Used to babysit for eachother and stuff, but that all changed once the outsiders with terrorists amongst them started coming over the borders, stealing land, slaughtering villagers and creating a massive propaganda machine. Yer can't go back.

If some gangster Muslims are threatening people with Sharia in England then they are going against their own Quran as that says you have to abide by the law of the country you reside in. Most likely phoney MI5 connected 'muslims' though who have brought together a motley crew of disgruntled and unguided souls. They've got a job to do.

Well seeing as the upcoming establishment of a sharia state is a long way off I think they would be safe to ignore it for now.

Not sure if legally it could be classed as threatening as the punishment would only be meted out after a certain unlikely condition has been met. It's like someone saying I'm going to punch you in the testicles after Coventry's upcoming champion's league win. You could say it is inciting racial hatred so there could be a case there. Or possibly some attempt to disrupt someone's business. Don't know, but whoever sent that letter is a laughably deluded twat of the highest order.

I see what you mean , but it still looks like a threatening letter  to me .

Remember when some Grangemouth oil workers started protesting outside the homes of INEOS bosses ? That was soon perceived as intimidating and threatening wasn't it?

Or when some foolish person wrote on twitter that he'd blow up Robin Hood airport ? What happened there? 

I think if I was on the receiving end of one of these missives  i'd feel quite scared about it .Its easy to just say ignore it and throw it in the bin from a safe vantage point.

I get the feeling that it is some extreme group that aren't really representative of Islam , but that doesn't make it less serious to my mind . 

Edited by Zingari

I see what you mean , but it still looks like a threatening letter  to me .

Remember when some Grangemouth oil workers started protesting outside the homes of INEOS bosses ? That was soon perceived as intimidating and threatening wasn't it?

Or when some foolish person wrote on twitter that he'd blow up Robin Hood airport ? What happened there? 

I think if I was on the receiving end of one of these missives  i'd feel quite scared about it .Its easy to just say ignore it and throw it in the bin from a safe vantage point.

I get the feeling that it is some extreme group that aren't really representative of Islam , but that doesn't make it less serious to my mind . 

I think it's a case of middle class white people being afraid of being accused of being racist by other middle-class white people. Far easier to pretend it's a small bunch of harmless eccentrics and blame the messenger.

• Like 1

I think it's a case of middle class white people being afraid of being accused of being racist by other middle-class white people. Far easier to pretend it's a small bunch of harmless eccentrics and blame the messenger.

I agree . Quite possibly  there is an element  of the media hitching up its  skirts and running away rather than reporting it and possibly being accused of inflaming the situation or being racist .

I still think there is some rabble rousing going on though , and that is just as dangerous and needs to be dealt with just as forcibly. 

I assumed it was some disgruntled ex council worker who got hold of some headed paper. Or they were pissed up at a xmas do.

Maybe , but they didn't organise the anti alcohol street march too.

it could be a prank ( and exposed as such if it is) , but it still needs to be taken seriously because of possible reprisals