Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

It's pointless saying 'it says in the Quran that Muslims have to adhere to the laws of the nation' and that they don't represent the majority of Muslims. The fact that they're Muslims is irrelevant. As Zingari points out it's threatening and intimidating local people and businesses. If we are (rightly) not going to judge people on their religion we also shouldn't be willing to let them off based on what their religious text does or doesn't say.

Maybe , but they didn't organise the anti alcohol street march too.

it could be a prank ( and exposed as such if it is) , but it still needs to be taken seriously because of possible reprisals  

Maybe but I  was just thinking that it was so ridiculous to be taken seriously. It mentions lashes. would that not be ABH or GBH?

That could be true. Less than a hundred years ago most of the Jews and Palestinians in the area got along fine. Used to babysit for eachother and stuff, but that all changed once the outsiders with terrorists amongst them started coming over the borders, stealing land, slaughtering villagers and creating a massive propaganda machine. Yer can't go back.

If some gangster Muslims are threatening people with Sharia in England then they are going against their own Quran as that says you have to abide by the law of the country you reside in. Most likely phoney MI5 connected 'muslims' though who have brought together a motley crew of disgruntled and unguided souls. They've got a job to do.

Why do they have to be MI5 to be nutters? I don't believe the majority of Muslims sympathize with this shit, I'm with you that far.

But you lose me when every single militant, extremist **** has to be funded by western states.

Isn't it possible that some are just nutters?

Why do they have to be MI5 to be nutters? I don't believe the majority of Muslims sympathize with this shit, I'm with you that far.

But you lose me when every single militant, extremist **** has to be funded by western states.

Very true and I agree there are and always have been religious nutters ,

But who is organising and financing them into effective terrorist groups in  more recent years  ?

Nutters usually aren't very good at that sort of stuff .

I know we've had religious wars and crusades throughout the ages, but i think Empty is not wrong when he sees much of the troubles being very convenient to western powers and much of the trouble being controlled for ulterior motives . 

As you say it's not all down to that though.and too easy to see new world order / military industrial complex conspiracy everywhere and in everything that happens  , But it's worth keeping one beady  eye on it.

I see what you mean , but it still looks like a threatening letter  to me .

Remember when some Grangemouth oil workers started protesting outside the homes of INEOS bosses ? That was soon perceived as intimidating and threatening wasn't it?

Or when some foolish person wrote on twitter that he'd blow up Robin Hood airport ? What happened there? 

I think if I was on the receiving end of one of these missives  i'd feel quite scared about it .Its easy to just say ignore it and throw it in the bin from a safe vantage point.

I get the feeling that it is some extreme group that aren't really representative of Islam , but that doesn't make it less serious to my mind . 

Robin hood ariport got thrown out on appeal, and was a great waste of tax payers money.

I still don't think it could be prosecuted as a threat.

The implication is that sharia law will become law, and when it does so it will be punished by 40 lashes publically (sp). It is not a threat if the police say that the law for selling alcohol to minors is going to change, it will be ilegal to sell to anyone over the age of 21, if you do so you will be fined £20,000.

Not a threat, but a notice of an upcoming change in the law. Obviously in this case there is no upcoming change in the law, but the punishment only occurs under sharia law, of which no UK citizen is.

They can probably be done for something else, as it is misrepresentation of a public office, but I doubt that would carry such a severe sentence.

Oh and the curse of Allah :giggle:

Robin hood ariport got thrown out on appeal, and was a great waste of tax payers money.

I still don't think it could be prosecuted as a threat.

The implication is that sharia law will become law, and when it does so it will be punished by 40 lashes publically (sp). It is not a threat if the police say that the law for selling alcohol to minors is going to change, it will be ilegal to sell to anyone over the age of 21, if you do so you will be fined £20,000.

Not a threat, but a notice of an upcoming change in the law. Obviously in this case there is no upcoming change in the law, but the punishment only occurs under sharia law, of which no UK citizen is.

They can probably be done for something else, as it is misrepresentation of a public office, but I doubt that would carry such a severe sentence.

Oh and the curse of Allah :giggle:

You're probably right , but i still think it's a very thin line between claiming it's a harmless flyer or being  perceived as an actual threat ,

The Mafia didn't go around openly threatening bar owners , they sold them "insurance policies "  

catch the drift?

Edited by Zingari

Not every single extremist, but every single extremist leader or mouthpiece. Like I said, they round up some misguided people to shout or fight for them, and those people are not 'MI5' or whatever. But every extremist 'leader' type that I come across does have ties to one intelligence agency or another. It's pretty well known information.

Don't most threats contain some kind of condition which has to be met?

"If you don't stop ... I'll ... ".

That's clearly a threat. So to is that letter. I can't even believe we're having a discussion over whether or not that there is a threat. There is no question about it whatsoever.

Threatening behavior, breach of the peace, inciting racial hatred, interrupting business, impersonating law enforcement... I'd imagine there's an abundance of law that could be used to send these people to jail for a fine old stretch, will any of it be used or will it another lump in the carpet?

• Like 1

Not every single extremist, but every single extremist leader or mouthpiece. Like I said, they round up some misguided people to shout or fight for them, and those people are not 'MI5' or whatever. But every extremist 'leader' type that I come across does have ties to one intelligence agency or another. It's pretty well known information.

There is always someone with brains and money behind the thugs usually hidden. Leaders do not get their hands dirty.

Bomb scares, hoax devices, pipe bomb attacks and the general downward spiral of things in Northern Ireland

That's not good news, I'm due to start a project in Belfast in the New Year, how bad are things? I've heard some of the big stories on the news, but I don't know how it impacts the everyday life.

lorry driving in the middle lane on the M6, I'm in the left so i hold back, waiting for him to go to the left so i can overtake him.

Stays in the middle so i accelerate to undertake him but just as im approaching he suddenly swerves back into the left causing me to slam the breaks on.

That's not good news, I'm due to start a project in Belfast in the New Year, how bad are things? I've heard some of the big stories on the news, but I don't know how it impacts the everyday life.

Not too much of an impact (depending on where you live) bar the occassional traffic jam for bomb scares.  It's just wearisome as you know that things could go downhill pretty quickly.  The local news is bombscare / pipebomb attack / suspected paramilitary shooting or cock fighting at the moment.  I can't wait to get out of here.

Edited by FoxyPV

lorry driving in the middle lane on the M6, I'm in the left so i hold back, waiting for him to go to the left so i can overtake him.

Stays in the middle so i accelerate to undertake him but just as im approaching he suddenly swerves back into the left causing me to slam the breaks on.

You shouldn't be undertaking. If you were holding back, couldn't you go behind him then overtake him on the right lane?

Finding out a "friend" is now going out with my ex girlfriend.

Doesn't bother me as much that he's going out with her more that he didn't tell me about it himself and let me find out from others. I thought it was an unwritten rule that friends shouldn't go out with someone's ex.

It is where I come from, completely out of order.

Signs that don't mean what they say.

There is a sign that has just gone up at our work that says, "No Customer Parking". Since it's gone up many of our drivers (including myself) have felt it right to point out to people who park inconsiderately (we've even had people parked in the gateway because the carpark was full) that they should not be parked there and there is a sign saying so, which often leads to arguments of the "Where the **** am I supposed to park then?" variety (there is no immediate parking on street, but there is loads about 50 yards away.)

So one of our senior staff has had a word with management about the drivers pointing this out and managements response is that we shouldn't be telling people that they can't park there... in which case, why did we put a sign up? :unsure: Am I thick or something?

I have no problems per se with people using the yard as a car park (I don't, I park on street) it's just the inconsiderate few who park their cars right in the driveway or as I said, even in the gateway, because the carpark is full and they can't be bothered to use their legs.

It also annoys me that the sign hasn't actually made any difference. Very few people are considerate any more. :(

Doesn't bother me as much that he's going out with her more that he didn't tell me about it himself and let me find out from others. I thought it was an unwritten rule that friends shouldn't go out with someone's ex.

It is where I come from, completely out of order.

And here. Shameful stuff.

You shouldn't be undertaking. If you were holding back, couldn't you go behind him then overtake him on the right lane?

Sadly undertaking is sometimes a necessity, the M6 north of Stoke seems particularly bad for wankers who will stay in the right hand lane at all costs. You sometimes have to undertake half a dozen of them just to prove a point.

Ah been there mate.  He isn't your friend.  Move on.

In general men who have negative qualities of women grind my gears.  You know cliquey, gossipy men who feel more comfortable going behind people's backs than saying stuff face to face. When you see grown men acting like that it really is pathetic.

Definitely the case where I am too like others above. It's like a no-go area. Out of bounds.