Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Finding out a "friend" is now going out with my ex girlfriend.

Doesn't bother me as much that he's going out with her more that he didn't tell me about it himself and let me find out from others. I thought it was an unwritten rule that friends shouldn't go out with someone's ex.

If you have their number, you should text them something along the lines of "Enjoy the HIV"

If you have their number, you should text them something along the lines of "Enjoy the HIV"

That' means you would have had HIV as well. Kind of shooting yourself in the foot there. Both feet even. In fact, you're blowing up your own legs. 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 2

Signs that don't mean what they say.

There is a sign that has just gone up at our work that says, "No Customer Parking". Since it's gone up many of our drivers (including myself) have felt it right to point out to people who park inconsiderately (we've even had people parked in the gateway because the carpark was full) that they should not be parked there and there is a sign saying so, which often leads to arguments of the "Where the **** am I supposed to park then?" variety (there is no immediate parking on street, but there is loads about 50 yards away.)

So one of our senior staff has had a word with management about the drivers pointing this out and managements response is that we shouldn't be telling people that they can't park there... in which case, why did we put a sign up? :unsure: Am I thick or something?

I have no problems per se with people using the yard as a car park (I don't, I park on street) it's just the inconsiderate few who park their cars right in the driveway or as I said, even in the gateway, because the carpark is full and they can't be bothered to use their legs.

It also annoys me that the sign hasn't actually made any difference. Very few people are considerate any more. :(

Signs rarely work and I believe that they are an off shoot of the "I'm gonna sue you" culture we live in today.

What I mean is you tell somebody something that is either a rule or common sense and often the response is "Where's the sign saying that?" Guess what numb nuts, it doesn't matter if a sign tells you or I tell you. These are the rules and you either follow them or find somewhere else to do your shit.

I encounter this on a daily basis and when I finally gave in and put signs up... Guess what? They are ignored and nothing has changed.

People don't read signs.

Or something more subtle along the lines of "just remember every time you kiss her I've spunked in her mouth"

I'm not really sure about this rule. Unless she broke your heart and you're unable to move on or something why should it bother you? A mate of mine married one of my ex's. Didn't bother me at all. We split because our relationship got boring, I moved onto better things and they're happy together. Really don't see the problem.

Doesn't bother me as much that he's going out with her more that he didn't tell me about it himself and let me find out from others. I thought it was an unwritten rule that friends shouldn't go out with someone's ex.

He's not your friend.

I'm not really sure about this rule. Unless she broke your heart and you're unable to move on or something why should it bother you? A mate of mine married one of my ex's. Didn't bother me at all. We split because our relationship got boring, I moved onto better things and they're happy together. Really don't see the problem.

Nah it doesn't bother me at all, I would have just rather have been told about first before hearing bits and pieces from other friends.

Also I'd never say something like that really as I'm not that type of person. It was just more of a response to Lamby's ridiculous idea lol

I'd agree with Moosey that it's just the way things go down sometimes and shouldn't be an unwritten rule itself. However, he should of had the balls to speak to you about it rather than hearing second hand.

Similar thing happened to me when I was younger and whilst we are still in the same group of friends, and they have now split up and moved on, I still have very little respect for him as I felt he had little for me! I'm now happily married and was never bitter about them hooking up, just felt it was disrespectful that he couldn't just talk to me about it man to man. Especially as it was only a few months after we had broke up.

I'd agree with Moosey that it's just the way things go down sometimes and shouldn't be an unwritten rule itself. However, he should of had the balls to speak to you about it rather than hearing second hand.

Similar thing happened to me when I was younger and whilst we are still in the same group of friends, and they have now split up and moved on, I still have very little respect for him as I felt he had little for me! I'm now happily married and was never bitter about them hooking up, just felt it was disrespectful that he couldn't just talk to me about it man to man. Especially as it was only a few months after we had broke up.

Like I said I'm not that bothered that he's with her it wasn't like we went out for that long anyway think it was about 9 months. But I would have rather he spoke to me about it, he had plenty of opportunity's to as we go down the pub together every other week.

At what point does staying in the middle lane for overtaking become hogging the middle lane. Scenario- I'm in the middle lane doing 70. There's a HGV in the slow lane half a mile ahead. There's nothing at all between me and HGV in any lane. Coming up behind me is a BMW twat (it had to be a BMW) in the middle lane. The fast lane behind me is clear.

Should I move over despite knowing I am in the (long process) of overtaking the lorry?

At what point does staying in the middle lane for overtaking become hogging the middle lane. Scenario- I'm in the middle lane doing 70. There's a HGV in the slow lane half a mile ahead. There's nothing at all between me and HGV in any lane. Coming up behind me is a BMW twat (it had to be a BMW) in the middle lane. The fast lane behind me is clear.

Should I move over despite knowing I am in the (long process) of overtaking the lorry?

He should move in to the fast lane shouldn't he, especially if he's clear and he's coming up with enough speed to overtake you?

I do sometimes wonder if I stay in the middle lane too long while overtaking.

If you need to stay in the middle lane to overtake, stay in the middle lane.  If traffic is light and you could be in the left lane for another half a minute and then easily pull out to overtake then pull in to the left lane.

When traffic is light and the fast lane is free I don't think it matters. It's more of a problem when there is a steady stream of cars in the middle lane and lorries in the slow lane. You have a reasonable gap in the slow lane but you know if you move in you are going to have to just pull out again and you don't know if some dick going the same speed will block you in, then you get stuck behind a lorry until a bigger gap appears as you don't have enough speed to filter in normally.

When traffic is light and the fast lane is free I don't think it matters. It's more of a problem when there is a steady stream of cars in the middle lane and lorries in the slow lane. You have a reasonable gap in the slow lane but you know if you move in you are going to have to just pull out again and you don't know if some dick going the same speed will block you in, then you get stuck behind a lorry until a bigger gap appears as you don't have enough speed to filter in normally.

Exactly the problem I have! My cars decent to accelerate but getting 50-60 and 60-70!

Might swell pop out the car for a quick bite to eat, it takes so long!

I get the idea that arseholes tailgate to get you to move but what I don't get is if they can see you are not the reason the other two lanes are moving slow.

Constantly find (usually a BMW) he'll be right up my arse, I break and we are both stuffed so I keep going, I change lane and the angle of the movement means he's only centimetres away from clipping me and spinning me, if I then move over he just storms up the next car and repeat!

That's what fines should be for in terms of lane hogging, so dangerous at around 8am when there's kids going to school and some nob who can barely see out the window because his set is dragging along the floor and he just happens to have one arm on the steering wheel! Yeah you look so hard! Especially when two minutes later we find ourselves at the same set of lights :P

I probably annoy people by driving at 60-65 in the middle lane or even the fast lane. But there is no legal requirement to drive up to the speed limit (uses more fuel). As for when to move over you have to use your judgement really.

It never bothers me, I just overtake in the outside lane. I don't know why some people make so much fuss about it.

• Like 1

It never bothers me, I just overtake in the outside lane. I don't know why some people make so much fuss about it.

i think people like to make a fuss about loads of petty things these days . there's not enough stiff upper lips around .

i blame the limp wristed lefties  :xmassmile:

• Like 2

Incompetance.

How can a team of people in a hospital not communicate and fcuk up so bad they are doubled booked for appointments today as they "completely forgot" that no doctors were in on Boxing Day? :ermm::angry:

Edited by MattP

Groups of absolute fannies who all go out wearing christmas jumpers thinking they're absolutely hilarious. Cvnts

My 'friend' does this at school, he's the only person who wears one and he thinks he's absolutely hilarious and everyone thinks he's a right salad.

Wrapping Christmas presents. I'm bloody terrible at it that I might just go into the Highcross and pay them people who wrap it for you.

Same here,it's my Mrs birthday Xmas day too,so there is fooking loads of them.i rep for a packaging company and even got the factory to make me some nice boxes and I'm still shit,I've got that impatient that will do attitude .fooking hate it with a passion!