Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Same here,it's my Mrs birthday Xmas day too,so there is fooking loads of them.i rep for a packaging company and even got the factory to make me some nice boxes and I'm still shit,I've got that impatient that will do attitude .fooking hate it with a passion!

I ended up giving in and getting my sister to do it for me. It's definitely a job women are better at than men.

Same here,it's my Mrs birthday Xmas day too,so there is fooking loads of them.i rep for a packaging company and even got the factory to make me some nice boxes and I'm still shit,I've got that impatient that will do attitude .fooking hate it with a passion!

Pay me enough and I'll come and wrap them for you... posh ribbons, the lot. :cool: 

Pay me enough and I'll come and wrap them for you... posh ribbons, the lot. :cool:

All done now,but that's the point,my Mrs is a posh ribbons, running the scissors through to make curls,each end identical sort of girl,I always apologies before I give them to her,it's embarrassing!

Next year Sainsburys Thetford car park?I'm the one with the ribbon,tape and wrapping paper.Most probably tangled up ribbon,paper rolling on the floor with my clumsy cack hands!

Edited by cambridgefox

All done now,but that's the point,my Mrs is a posh ribbons, running the scissors through to make curls,each end identical sort of girl,I always apologies before I give them to her,it's embarrassing!

Next year Sainsburys Thetford car park?I'm the one with the ribbon,tape and wrapping paper.Most probably tangled up ribbon,paper rolling on the floor with my clumsy cack hands!

lol Ok, you're on - although it sounds a little, erm, dodgy. :blush: Won't it be a bit tricky, though, explaining to Mrs CF that the superior quality of present wrapping (yes, I can do the curly ribbons with the scissors trick, I also fold all the edges under and use double-sided tape!) was down to a clandestine meeting with a random woman in a supermarket carpark! :ph34r: 

lol Ok, you're on - although it sounds a little, erm, dodgy. :blush: Won't it be a bit tricky, though, explaining to Mrs CF that the superior quality of present wrapping (yes, I can do the curly ribbons with the scissors trick, I also fold all the edges under and use double-sided tape!) was down to a clandestine meeting with a random woman in a supermarket carpark! :ph34r:

Just say you met on the internet and she'll understand.

• Like 3

I was going to say we could do it on the bonnet of my car,but that would of just sounded wrong!

Just told her and she said if I got the kids in the reception form at school it would be an improvement !

Edited by cambridgefox

Women using public transportation to either start or finish their make-up and/or hairdo.

People filing or even clipping their nails in public.

What's wrong with that? Must admit, I do it a lot - never occurred to me other people might take offense. >_<:blush: 

What's wrong with that? Must admit, I do it a lot - never occurred to me other people might take offense. >_<:blush:

It's a bit unhygienic isn't it? Dirty, skanky nails (not yours personally! Just in general). I also think it's a bit gross. Don't they just flick about all over the place? What if a stray flying nail lands on someone else?

It's a bit unhygienic isn't it? Dirty, skanky nails (not yours personally! Just in general). I also think it's a bit gross. Don't they just flick about all over the place? What if a stray flying nail lands on someone else?

I'm not talking about cutting or clipping them in public - that is pretty gross - but creating a minute amount of 'dust' while filing them....? :dunno: 

Women using public transportation to either start or finish their make-up and/or hairdo.

People filing or even clipping their nails in public.

I actually find it quote erotic.

Woman painting toe nails on train = me aroused.

I'm not talking about cutting or clipping them in public - that is pretty gross - but creating a minute amount of 'dust' while filing them....? :dunno:

Oops, sorry didn't see that only some of the quote above was highlighted!

I'm not too concerned about filing.

I know it's a bit harsh on the filers.

I don't take that much offense to it, to be honest - compared to other personal hygiene routines I see some people do in public, it's rather tidy.

I know it's a bit harsh on the filers.

I don't take that much offense to it, to be honest - compared to other personal hygiene routines I see some people do in public, it's rather tidy.

At least I don't pick my nose, or my feet, or anything else for that matter! :D

My postman suddenly seems unable to find his way to my house and my near-neighbours. No post delivered for 3 days (highly unusual, even if it is usually just junkmail). Would it be very cynical of me to assume that as we're the last on his round, and with the increased volume of Christmas post, he's simple 'forgotten' us recently? :angry: 

My postman suddenly seems unable to find his way to my house and my near-neighbours. No post delivered for 3 days (highly unusual, even if it is usually just junkmail). Would it be very cynical of me to assume that as we're the last on his round, and with the increased volume of Christmas post, he's simple 'forgotten' us recently? :angry:

That is unusual. You could ring Royal Mail and raise the concern with them. They can track down who is on duty and who is meant to be delivering the post where you live and take it from there.

That is unusual. You could ring Royal Mail and raise the concern with them. They can track down who is on duty and who is meant to be delivering the post where you live and take it from there.

Can't postman cut off if they can't finish their round in time?, when I was a postie we could, but that was quite a few years back.

Can't postman cut off if they can't finish their round in time?, when I was a postie we could, but that was quite a few years back.

3 days in a row though? 

Even more reason to ring them up - at least they can find out why he/she can't fit all the houses in the allotted time? I didn't even know posties had a time limit! Obviously I know they can't take all day, but I'd have thought there'd be sensible times between start and finish.

It's all Trav's fault. :angry: 

(Yes, I'll call them... could be missing out on countless unexpected Christmas pressies) :santa: 

We can, but the manager should find someone who is willing to go out and do the remainder on overtime. If he/she can't find someone, then it's the manager's responsibility to do it themselves (I believe). I do know that at our office a couple of weeks ago the manager was getting grief from his bosses for giving out too much overtime (and we weren't clearing everything even so!) All part of an efficient, modern, privatised mail service whose only concern is making a profit! :thumbup:

It's all Trav's fault. :angry:

(Yes, I'll call them... could be missing out on countless unexpected Christmas pressies) :santa:

:dry:

I'd call to find out. Letters shouldn't be falling behind - but parcels may well be.

For your information, tomorrow I'll be working all day to get everything clear (there's a huuuuuuuuuge backlog, but what do you expect when you reduce staff despite each Christmas getting increasingly more parcels) taking a break only to watch the match. On any normal Saturday I'd be finished in time to watch the match, but my guess is I'll be finished about 4 or 5 o'clock (I think maybe longer, but the office closes at 5, so if it goes beyond that then they might get people in on Sunday :dunno: (not me though!)) I can't remember the last day I finished on time and with all deliveries done... some time in October I think.

Pity me.

Please?