Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Attractions that charge a ridiculous amount for souvenirs.

Does my head in, recently I climbed the O2, good fun, get great views over London and just a surreal experience standing on top of the dome, they took our photo at the start, then we could take as many photos as we wanted, all good fun. Got to the gift shop at the end, amongst all the other usual over priced tat, £45 for a poor quality t-shirt, £15 for a printed mug, they had also printed out the photos from our group and had them sitting on the counter, and wanted to charge £10 for them, a tenner for a photo. It does my head in, if it was a reasonable price everyone would buy them, but £10 to buy a photo, the crazy thing is they had already printed out and incurred, albeit small, costs. It's the same everywhere you go everything you do, you just want to enjoy your day, and not feel like you are being ripped off. Alton Towers is the same, Harry Potter studio tour, £9 for a small bag of jelly beans, sorry, Bertie Botts every flavour beans.

When you have already paid a fair chunk of money to go somewhere I just hate the feeling of being ripped off in the gift shop.

Some men (typically pen pushers and suits) and their stupid stupid diets. I'm at a Travelodge with an all you can eat breakfast. Ive just has 2 slices of toast, 2 croissants and then a full English- twice. I've slurped down about 3/4 glasses of juice and a coffee.

The bloke next to me eats a yoghurt and two croissants. How the hell is that going to keep a bloke full til dinner?

It's not.

It's a face thing with people. So they can tell everyone in the office that they're dieting or they watch what they eat. It's just another topic they can chip in on over their desks.

Some men (typically pen pushers and suits) and their stupid stupid diets. I'm at a Travelodge with an all you can eat breakfast. Ive just has 2 slices of toast, 2 croissants and then a full English- twice. I've slurped down about 3/4 glasses of juice and a coffee.

The bloke next to me eats a yoghurt and two croissants. How the hell is that going to keep a bloke full til dinner?

It's not.

It's a face thing with people. So they can tell everyone in the office that they're dieting or they watch what they eat. It's just another topic they can chip in on over their desks.

lol 

Sometimes I'll just grab a croissant and that will keep me going until lunch and I cycle 10 miles to work! I am nowhere near a diet. That said, if I had the choice of a full English for nothing extra I'd be wolfing it down.

It's not.

thats a lot of breakfast.

im with yoghurt man

lol 

Sometimes I'll just grab a croissant and that will keep me going until lunch and I cycle 10 miles to work! I am nowhere near a diet. That said, if I had the choice of a full English for nothing extra I'd be wolfing it down.

Me too. I can't eat loads first thing in the morning. I sometimes just have a coffee and a cigarette and then a massive lunch later.

My breakfast was paid for by the firm. That bloke had paid the same amount as me. You may as well get your money's worth.

I get £30 a day lodging money for meals after breakfast too. but by eating a big breakfast that's cost me nothing means i save sone of that for a few more beers that night.

I couldn't do my job on an empty stomach.

Attractions that charge a ridiculous amount for souvenirs.

Does my head in, recently I climbed the O2, good fun, get great views over London and just a surreal experience standing on top of the dome, they took our photo at the start, then we could take as many photos as we wanted, all good fun. Got to the gift shop at the end, amongst all the other usual over priced tat, £45 for a poor quality t-shirt, £15 for a printed mug, they had also printed out the photos from our group and had them sitting on the counter, and wanted to charge £10 for them, a tenner for a photo. It does my head in, if it was a reasonable price everyone would buy them, but £10 to buy a photo, the crazy thing is they had already printed out and incurred, albeit small, costs. It's the same everywhere you go everything you do, you just want to enjoy your day, and not feel like you are being ripped off. Alton Towers is the same, Harry Potter studio tour, £9 for a small bag of jelly beans, sorry, Bertie Botts every flavour beans.

When you have already paid a fair chunk of money to go somewhere I just hate the feeling of being ripped off in the gift shop.

Get all they deserve. Anyone who buys that crap is a mug I'm afraid

I have a glass of milk for breakfast, keeps me going til a light lunch (typically a couple of chicken thighs) which keeps me going til 6pm no problem.

Yes I work in an office. No I don't talk about my breakfast in the office.

A couple of roast moose thighs, surely? Might explain the breath?  :dunno:

If you like Krave, keep an eye out for these in Tesco

978%5C5052910347978%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

They are groin-grabbingly delicious.

This is where it all started :D

Seriously nice stuff.

Does anyone remember a cereal, I LOVED it but can't remember the name of it... they looked just like shreddies, but they were yellow...

This is where it all started :D

Seriously nice stuff.

Does anyone remember a cereal, I LOVED it but can't remember the name of it... they looked just like shreddies, but they were yellow...

Damn I know what you're talking about… they were really light and tasted a bit like honey, looked a bit like this

img_3.1.4.jpg

Can't remember what they were called or who made them. They were well nice

As were the limited edition Banana Rice Krispies that no-one believes me about but definitely existed and were miles better than normal Rice Krispies. Twats.

My breakfast was paid for by the firm. That bloke had paid the same amount as me. You may as well get your money's worth.

I get £30 a day lodging money for meals after breakfast too. but by eating a big breakfast that's cost me nothing means i save sone of that for a few more beers that night.

I couldn't do my job on an empty stomach.

I think that is the difference, you can't do your job on an empty stomach, those that spend their whole day sat on their backside in an office can. I've stayed in my fair share of hotels, and it is very easy to get into that trap of eating a full breakfast every day, especially in Canada when you get your own waffle iron to make fresh waffles and pile it up with cream and syrup and fruit, then they wheel out the french toast, and the bacon and sausages....

I digress, the problem is if you spend a lot of time travelling for business, normally lunch is provided, and it is rarely healthy, I've had pizzas, fish and chips and and various other hot and cold food, normally with a dessert and crisps, brought in, you don't even get the walk down the local shop to burn off a few calories. Then in the evening, normally after working late to maximise your time on site, you all go out for a meal, or even stay in the hotel, people want starters, people want pudding, you always have a few drinks. If you are not careful you have had a full english breakfast, large lunch and a 3 course meal, a few pints and probably walked less than a kilometre during your day. I generally find this is worse when you are tired and working quite intense days, mentally, so you compensate by eating as you are mentally tired, but physically you have done fvck all.

It took me a while to get out of the habit of eating as much as I could just because it was free, but I had to as I was putting on weight.