Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Charlie Brooker....now there's someone who really grinds my gears.

I just have to catch sight of his smug mug and hear 2 seconds of his lazy laconic-sardonic-ironic delivery and I feel like rushing over to the TV screen and punching him in the mouth so as to hear his teeth splinter.

There, I feel better now just imagining it!

Oh....also the phrase "hard-working families", whether used by its New Labour originators or by Cameron/Osborne. Presumably focus groups tell both parties that they like this phrase, which I find profoundly depressing. I work hard (14 hours today, not counting childcare) and am a member of a family, but when I hear that phrase I want to down tools and indulge in delinquency.

Charlie Brooker....now there's someone who really grinds my gears.

I just have to catch sight of his smug mug and hear 2 seconds of his lazy laconic-sardonic-ironic delivery and I feel like rushing over to the TV screen and punching him in the mouth so as to hear his teeth splinter.

There, I feel better now just imagining it!

Oh....also the phrase "hard-working families", whether used by its New Labour originators or by Cameron/Osborne. Presumably focus groups tell both parties that they like this phrase, which I find profoundly depressing. I work hard (14 hours today, not counting childcare) and am a member of a family, but when I hear that phrase I want to down tools and indulge in delinquency.

"Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other."

--  Oscar Ameringer

Me too.

Going to book a holiday then when going through to the payment section they add £50 on because of 'system updates'. I don't even know what that means.

Tell me about it, tried to buy flights other day and it crashed on me, reloaded same ones and it was bout £50 more so just thought **** it and bought BA ones

Tell me about it, tried to buy flights other day and it crashed on me, reloaded same ones and it was bout £50 more so just thought **** it and bought BA ones

Can't blame you, it's bloody annoying when it happens.

Thomas Cook's website is a joke, tried to book this holiday Wednesday night an error message came up saying I'd have to ring them. I went on tonight the holidays price has gone up,not by much and then when I do go to pay it's gone up a further £50.

Going to leave it I think and go into the travel agents later today and see what they can do.

Could be mistaken here but you might be thinking of Honey Waffles, they were fvcking class but not seen them for ages now - very depressing

You're wrong but they were very nice as well.

The cereal that Julian posted is exactly how it looked - but I don't remember it being a Kelloggs cereal although I fail to believe we had anything other than just a cheaper version lol

It's all about Gorilla Munch (for the box alone)

Gorilla_munch_productlarge.jpg

I don't eat fruit, veg or salads :)

I'm virtually a complete meat and potato head.

If we ever have a Foxestalk Gout sweepstake I've shotgunned MattP

The morons who always complain that sport ruins the TV schedule for the public.

Hang on, aren't sports fans members of the public too? These people never used to moan when Countdown cut into the cricket viewing on Channel 4, or when snooker on BBC2 was taken off at crucial moments for some history documentary.

I did lol

Can anyone remember getting the football tops pencil toppers in sugar puffs? Me & my brother used to eat near on a box a week just so my mum would have to buy another box.

I remember those! Quality.

Whilst I'm about a week late, I'm addicted to Jordan's Country Crisp with the chocolate curls. Beautiful.