Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Little thing but the " Forest tickets needed" thread.Not the thread itself but people obviously desperate to go and relying on someones generosity but are unable to say please,appreciated or grateful instead" I would like a ticket" " Anybody got a spare" just basic manners if you want something.

I've always found bribery and blackmail help, too. :whistle: 

Thanks. ;) 

I appreciate your reply.

That feels like a very general automated response.

Is Webbo a bot?

"We appreciate you calling Webbo Services"

"For sales & rentals, press 1"

"For repairs, press 2"

"For questions regarding your invoice, press 3"

"For all other inquiries, please hold the line"

"Thank you for choosing Webbo Services"

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Is Webbo a bot?

"For sales & rentals, press 1"

"For repairs, press 2"

"For questions regarding your invoice, press 3"

"For all other inquiries, please hold the line"

"Thank you for choosing Webbo Services"

Your post post is being considered, we will contact you if you are successful.

• Like 1

My impeccable manners and gentlemanly demeanor are wasted on here.

Have you ever considered a career shift into private tuition in decorum and elocution?

Is Webbo a bot?

"For sales & rentals the terse but gentlemanly dismissal of moronic posts, press 1"

"For repairs a curt Thatcherite questioning of your beliefs, press 2"

"For questions regarding your invoice a foot-long dong to stir your paint with, press 3"

"For all other inquiries, please hold the line contact the JontheHat customer care franchise for deep healing.

"Thank you for choosing Webbo Services"...Have a nice day!

Sorted!

Your post post is being considered, we will contact you if you are successful.

Will you contact him by post post-haste or was that a double post post? 

• Like 1

Lecturers striking again, does my head in. I heard they get paid £40,000 a year! For standing in front of a powerpoint presentation, which they post online anyway...

Just been into Uni for a group presentation, had to walk past them striking. They only had one literally two weeks ago.

Lecturers striking again, does my head in. I heard they get paid £40,000 a year! For standing in front of a powerpoint presentation, which they post online anyway...

Just been into Uni for a group presentation, had to walk past them striking. They only had one literally two weeks ago.

To be fair - It is all university staff that are striking including cleaners etc etc. Over the last 3 years HE staff have had a pay decrease in real terms of 11% whereas VC's at the very top are having pay rises. In a time where HE institutions are now getting the benefit of the fee changes in 2012 and staff have had to work hard through that difficult period, to be offered another rise of 1% (again below inflation) is the reason why they are striking.

It might seem silly for a lecturer to be complaining about their pay but there are many on much less wages in the same boat. They also do alot more than just teach students. Maybe you should of stopped and had a chat with them and asked about why they were striking. There are many that won't agree with them, and that may include yourself but at least you could have tried to understand their position before making a judgement.

The media coverage of the floods.  I know Datchet is a fairly posh area, and the BBC has in built hatred of anyone with money, whilst those hard working farmers living in man made fields below water level in Somerset deserve sympathy, but for the love of god the reason they are acting quickly in Datchet is becasue there are hundreds of thousands and thousand of people living in the flood risk zone there and downstream. 

Oh dear. Who's that women ventriloquist who seems to show up on this kind of thing? Honestly, does anyone think she'd be famous if she were a man? Not even remotely funny

Sarah Millican is an exception, I think she's pretty funny sometimes. Jo Brand can get f***ed though. If she ever says a joke that isn't about men, she just throws a comment in at the end like "my husband has a pathetic set of genitals. And all men are shit at everything."

RobHawk, on 10 Feb 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

To be fair - It is all university staff that are striking including cleaners etc etc. Over the last 3 years HE staff have had a pay decrease in real terms of 11% whereas VC's at the very top are having pay rises. In a time where HE institutions are now getting the benefit of the fee changes in 2012 and staff have had to work hard through that difficult period, to be offered another rise of 1% (again below inflation) is the reason why they are striking.

It might seem silly for a lecturer to be complaining about their pay but there are many on much less wages in the same boat. They also do alot more than just teach students. Maybe you should of stopped and had a chat with them and asked about why they were striking. There are many that won't agree with them, and that may include yourself but at least you could have tried to understand their position before making a judgement.

I was joking with the last part of my first sentence, hence the ellipsis. Maybe shouldn't have put it, because it's just something we say to each other.

I got a leaflet though. Bit of explanation on that. Yeah some do it, some don't join in. They said before something about what group they are in or something, but anyway, I just mean I get frustrated with them doing it again. Yeah people may say "well at least you don't have to go in", or whatever, but when you do choose to not go in then they send you an email.