Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

eastfox, on 10 Feb 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

My sentiment exactly. Im a student and I see it first hand.

A lot of students are very lazy and the first to moan!

;)

To be fair, I'm not lazy (I call it more "laid back"), but I could put myself in the first to moan category!

The media coverage of the floods. I know Datchet is a fairly posh area, and the BBC has in built hatred of anyone with money, whilst those hard working farmers living in man made fields below water level in Somerset deserve sympathy, but for the love of god the reason they are acting quickly in Datchet is becasue there are hundreds of thousands and thousand of people living in the flood risk zone there and downstream.

I was listening to radio 4 this morning and as usual it was like nowhere outside of the south east even exists. Major flooding for a month in the south west and barely a mention but hold on a minute, there's a chance of a stiff breeze in london, call in the army it's a national emergency!

Edited by MooseBreath

I was listening to radio 4 this morning and as usual it was like nowhere outside of the south east even exists. Major flooding for a month in the south west and barely a mention but hold on a minute, there's a chance of a stiff breeze in london, call in the army it's a national emergency!

Major flooding of fields being off less interest than major flooding of large parts of the London suburbs where hundreds of thousands of people live?  Shocker.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/feb/08/bbc-comedy-shows-male-panels-female-presence

Very meh about the idea, but this is just going to end up with Sarah Millican on every bloody show being her typical unfunny self. Having said that she's no worse than Mickey Flannigan.

It annoys me too, because it is not equality, people should be chosen on ability regardless of gender, not to make up some bullshit quota. They pick people based on ability, availability, cost. Not gender. You want equality that doesn't mean forcing people to have women on their show. Should Loose Women be forced to have a male host?

It annoys me too, because it is not equality, people should be chosen on ability regardless of gender, not to make up some bullshit quota. They pick people based on ability, availability, cost. Not gender. You want equality that doesn't mean forcing people to have women on their show. Should Loose Women be forced to have a male host?

yes. if only to get them to stop banging on about equality. get ross kemp or marcin wasylewski to do it

Oh dear. Who's that women ventriloquist who seems to show up on this kind of thing? Honestly, does anyone think she'd be famous if she were a man? Not even remotely funny

Sarah Millican is an exception, I think she's pretty funny sometimes. Jo Brand can get f***ed though. If she ever says a joke that isn't about men, she just throws a comment in at the end like "my husband has a pathetic set of genitals. And all men are shit at everything."

I find the woman ventriloquist hilarious, yet Sarah Millican awfully painful to listen to :unsure:

I was joking with the last part of my first sentence, hence the ellipsis. Maybe shouldn't have put it, because it's just something we say to each other.

I got a leaflet though. Bit of explanation on that. Yeah some do it, some don't join in. They said before something about what group they are in or something, but anyway, I just mean I get frustrated with them doing it again. Yeah people may say "well at least you don't have to go in", or whatever, but when you do choose to not go in then they send you an email.

You should be unhappy and frustrated! That's the point of the strike! You should direct that at the Uni VC's though not the people on strike! This has been going on for months and the uni's can afford to pay more, they just refuse to. There has been talk of lecturers refusing to mark exams, given the amount students are now paying it is unreasonable for expect students to accept it and not be pissed off! I do beleive that the NUS are fully supportive of the strike action though so its up to the top bods to sort something out!

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/feb/08/bbc-comedy-shows-male-panels-female-presence

Very meh about the idea, but this is just going to end up with Sarah Millican on every bloody show being her typical unfunny self. Having said that she's no worse than Mickey Flannigan.

I saw him live about 6 weeks ago. I can't agree with you on this

The media coverage of the floods.  I know Datchet is a fairly posh area, and the BBC has in built hatred of anyone with money, whilst those hard working farmers living in man made fields below water level in Somerset deserve sympathy, but for the love of god the reason they are acting quickly in Datchet is becasue there are hundreds of thousands and thousand of people living in the flood risk zone there and downstream. 

And a huge Tory support

edit: Ah, sorry, I misread what put... you mean the BBC are acting so quickly. I took it to mean the government.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

And a huge Tory support

edit: Ah, sorry, I misread what put... you mean the BBC are acting so quickly. I took it to mean the government.

I did mean the goverment.  Tory support or not, the diversion of water on to the flood plain at Datchet will prevent lots of flooding downstream.

My gardener removed the stones and plastic covering from the garden and then started to wash the plastic. I caught him about a half way through. I have no idea why he was doing that. Complete waste of water in a place where children have to carry water miles just to wash the dishes.

Also, the lady we let stay in our house while we were traveling decided to plant a load of flowers that I don't like. Why would you do that? Stay at someone's house and then mess with their garden? 

Schapelle Corby  :@  :@

Now i acknowledge that most of you wont have heard of her, and therefore i am responsible for inflicting her and her tribe of bogan fvckwits on you.. sorry.

A convicted drug trafficker (only dope and i dont really care) has been released from her Bali prison after serving 9 years of her 20 year sentence. The brain dead Australian media are all over her and now paying her 3 Million bucks to tell her story.

Sorry for wasting your time and bandwidth, but this is absurd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKI7RujrODk

Schapelle Corby  :@  :@

Now i acknowledge that most of you wont have heard of her, and therefore i am responsible for inflicting her and her tribe of bogan fvckwits on you.. sorry.

A convicted drug trafficker (only dope and i dont really care) has been released from her Bali prison after serving 9 years of her 20 year sentence. The brain dead Australian media are all over her and now paying her 3 Million bucks to tell her story.

Sorry for wasting your time and bandwidth, but this is absurd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKI7RujrODk

I just read about it this morning. Is it proven that she put the drugs in her luggage herself or was she simply the victim of a really bad scam?

I heard her late father had been convicted of several felonies involving cannabis, too.

What's the general consensus in Australia these days? Are people still with her story?

Edited by MC Prussian