Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The Winter Olympics.

Let's be honest, it's really shit.

No one really cares unless you live in a place covered by snow and most of the events just seem to be dare devils showing off in some weird way. Just waiting for a few ugly Scottish curlers to turn up and it will be complete.

I thought you'd quite like the winter Olympics since it's pretty much exclusively white middle class people taking part.

Damn nigga you never seen Cool Runnings?

The Winter Olympics.

No one really cares unless you live in a place covered by snow and most of the events just seem to be dare devils showing off in some weird way. Just waiting for a few ugly Scottish curlers to turn up and it will be complete.

Quite refreshing so far that I've heard no "experts" (fans allegedly) telling us how wonderful the sport is (when they watch it once in four years).

Even better that the bandwagon jumpers haven't yet told us "These people are an inspiration, why can't our footballers be like that!!??" when they couldn't give a shit about them away from the Olympics.

The Winter Olympics.

There's been some good moments though, Andreas Wank, then Semen Pavlichenko, now this guy:-

oarig0.jpg

• Like 3

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/feb/08/bbc-comedy-shows-male-panels-female-presence

Very meh about the idea, but this is just going to end up with Sarah Millican on every bloody show being her typical unfunny self. Having said that she's no worse than Mickey Flannigan.

Absolutely pathetic. A load of these so called equality promoters do the total opposite and get away with it.

Absolutely pathetic. A load of these so called equality promoters do the total opposite and get away with it.

They had better make sure they also fill their quota of bald, left handed, gay, children, the disabled, benefit challenged and transgender people as well on each show.

Can't just have one rule for women.

Shutter Island film was shit.

Shutter Island book was superb.

You're kidding me, right? Shutter Island was a brilliant film.

This is where my gripe with it is. People read books and then make assumptions about what the film should be like. Then the film has some differences and they throw a wobbly and just say the film is shit when it's clearly not.

The thing is no film could compete with your own imagination. To be truly faithful to a book a film would probably have to last 5 hours and cost hundreds of millions to make.

Wrong.

I accept that some books are better than the films. But it is a line that is used way too often.

Personally I find most books far too jam-packed with description of things. For me, they don't leave enough to the imagination, it's just the writers imagination written down, rather than the reader's. People with imaginations really only need the very basics.

Films are generally better because they create the picture quickly without distracting from the story (if it's a decent film).

Books are often overrated by people who think it makes them more intelligent because they've read a book (not directly aimed at anyone on here).

Wrong.

I accept that some books are better than the films. But it is a line that is used way too often.

Personally I find most books far too jam-packed with description of things. For me, they don't leave enough to the imagination, it's just the writers imagination written down, rather than the reader's. People with imaginations really only need the very basics.

Films are generally better because they create the picture quickly without distracting from the story (if it's a decent film).

Books are often overrated by people who think it makes them more intelligent because they've read a book (not directly aimed at anyone on here).

:D Fair enough, I prefer still the book though.

Wrong.

The trouble with film adapted books is they have to fit it in a time quota, as alot of people have short attention spans. This means they often miss out key elements in a book that often put a totally different dimension on how you relate to a character.

If you can't enjoy a book its probably because you don't have the patience or discipline to pick up and put down. Its undoubtedly better not to read the book before a film, you will always be disappointed.

Wrong.

Or as most of us know them... "words".

And you've got the cheek to accuse authors of being too verbose.  lol  lol  lol

• Like 3

Quite refreshing so far that I've heard no "experts" (fans allegedly) telling us how wonderful the sport is (when they watch it once in four years).

Even better that the bandwagon jumpers haven't yet told us "These people are an inspiration, why can't our footballers be like that!!??" when they couldn't give a shit about them away from the Olympics.

Give me time, I've only just come online. :D

They had better make sure they also fill their quota of bald, left handed, gay, children, the disabled, benefit challenged and transgender people as well on each show.

Can't just have one rule for women.

>_< You're so lucky Lisa doesn't post on here anymore. >_<