Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

It's because the film is nothing like what you imagined while reading the book innit. I remember nearly switching American Psycho off when I first watched it because Bateman's character was so wrong, now it's one of my favourite movies evar.

It would be impossible to get across onto big screen the intricacies and tone of the book but I agree the film is fantastic in it's own right. Also Christian Bale.

When you're talking about a film and someone says 'the book is much better'. No, books are shit.

Each Harry Potter book is more detailed and in depth than the film. If you haven't read the book then you can't really appreciate the film because you'd be left confused and unable to fill in the blanks.

I expect this is the same with other films that follow successful books.

A woman I work with made a point re flood costs. She wondered why no insurers have ever stumped up the money for flood defences or river dredging, etc?

She didn't mean out of the goodness of their hearts, it said on the news it was costing them some 600m+ in payouts at the moment and wasn't the quoted cost of dredging in the south being banded about at something like 5m?

It'd be good PR if they stepped forward to be seen to help local communities but isn't there an argument for preventive measures saving them money on big payouts?

Is this something insurance companies do do? Or do consider?

Wind and rain. Properly pissed off with it now. :angry:

Contemplating buying a pair of these...

flipper-heel.jpg

lol

Video clip required of you paddling down the Wensum in these shoes, then flip-flapping across Naarrdge market (is that stall still there that does the hot pea-and-ham soup (with mint sauce, I think!)? Used to love that on a cold day back in 1983).

I might get some of these myself - would provide a talking point down the pub.

My gardener removed the stones and plastic covering from the garden and then started to wash the plastic. I caught him about a half way through. I have no idea why he was doing that. Complete waste of water in a place where children have to carry water miles just to wash the dishes.

Update about my gardener.

This is a picture of my rear garden. We are slowly buying plants but they are hard to get and I have to go across the border to get them. I'm going to be putting in some succulents, aloes, palms and some local grasses. I'll also have the fence painted, probably a khaki colour.

post-12691-0-08717200-1392297051_thumb.j

This morning I found the gardener not only water the plants but watering the stones (which have a plastic covering below them). Instead of just holding the hose directly over the plants, he was literally watering the stones. Amazing.

I am going to have to watch this guy. He clearly needs a lot of guidance.

A woman I work with made a point re flood costs. She wondered why no insurers have ever stumped up the money for flood defences or river dredging, etc?

She didn't mean out of the goodness of their hearts, it said on the news it was costing them some 600m+ in payouts at the moment and wasn't the quoted cost of dredging in the south being banded about at something like 5m?

It'd be good PR if they stepped forward to be seen to help local communities but isn't there an argument for preventive measures saving them money on big payouts?

Is this something insurance companies do do? Or do consider?

Which insurance company though? If Morethan spent £5 million they would have to recover that money from their customers meaning higher prices so Churchill could undercut them for instance. All that money spent and nothing to show for it.

As for dredging I think the reason it wasn't done was some European directive.

This is a picture of my rear garden. We are slowly buying plants but they are hard to get and I have to go across the border to get them. I'm going to be putting in some succulents, aloes, palms and some local grasses. I'll also have the fence painted, probably a khaki colour.

garden.jpg

This morning I found the gardener not only water the plants but watering the stones (which have a plastic covering below them). Instead of just holding the hose directly over the plants, he was literally watering the stones. Amazing.

He is probably confused - you don't have a garden, yet you are paying him. You have a patch of gravel, and the man is clearly too nice to sit around doing nothing so he is creating work for himself.
  • Like 1

He is probably confused - you don't have a garden, yet you are paying him. You have a patch of gravel, and the man is clearly too nice to sit around doing nothing so he is creating work for himself.

I knew there was something wrong, just couldnt put my finger on it! Thanks Louis Jon.

I'm 16, my brother is 8.

Bully!!!

RE: Books and Films - the books are nearly always better than the films because they can go into much more depth and because when reading a book it is your imagination doing the work instead of being told what everythiing looks like according to someone else.

Edited by FoxyPV

Fairly certain my wife has been deliberately buying 48 deck cheapskate toilet paper from Aldi on purpose. Because I've threatened to not wipe my arse at some point and come to bed commando, she's relented to buying some two ply perfume paper, but I reckon this whole charade has been because I complained a year ago about the two ply perfume paper being as good as using my hand to wipe my arse. Marriage eh? Or am I being paranoid?

attachicon.gifgarden.jpg

You can afford a gardener.........that grind my gears!!! :mad: