Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Don't really want to get involved in this particular debate, but this sort of comment from parents, alluding to their superiority to non-parents, really grinds my gears. 

What bearing does someone having children or not have on the debate or people's insight into it? 

Your suggestion appears to go even further - that someone would be more likely to hold abhorrent views because they don't have kids.  Can't childless people also have a view, or care about what happens to children, too?

Some of the vilest beasts of the lot are parents.  In fact many of them prey on their own relatives.

Just because you blew your custard up a lass without protection, doesn't necessarily make you philosophically more insightful, you know...

:rolleyes:

Perhaps once (if) you get the chance to 'blow your custard up a lass without protection' and perhaps becoming pregnant (assuming that you're not as impotent as your own argument), you'll understand.

• Like 1

:o According to "today's birthdays" your 98 today.

Am I, though? I was born on 29th February 1916, so that makes me about 24, doesn't it?

I may have been "a little economical with the actualité" as Alan Clark MP once said. An appropriate person to quote here, as he married a 16-year-old when he was in his thirties, didn't he?

Yes childless people can have a view, can you direct me to where I said they couldn't. When you become a parent many of your veiwpoints change, especially those of which concern children, hence the comment.

Whether you like it or not, parents are more likely to speak up for the protection of children.

The fact that out of the discussion taken place, the point you wish to highlight is this, gives me an insight into your position on child abuse. :rolleyes:

My position on child abuse?

You are a disgrace for insinuating like that.

Did you not see me qualify at the start of my post that I wasnt going to enter the debate but I resented the implication in your post.

Way to prove my point.

Am I, though? I was born on 29th February 1916, so that makes me about 24, doesn't it?

I may have been "a little economical with the actualité" as Alan Clark MP once said. An appropriate person to quote here, as he married a 16-year-old when he was in his thirties, didn't he?

Yes, he did, and I believe (shockingly) the marriage lasted.

He's generally not a man to hold up as a positive example, I tend to find.

My position on child abuse?

You are a disgrace for insinuating like that.

Did you not see me qualify at the start of my post that I wasnt going to enter the debate but I resented the implication in your post.

Way to prove my point.

He's right though, you know.

He's spot on. 

No one has proved your point, and your qualification that you'll effectively have your say but not enter a debate doesn't make any sense and suggests to me that you're not willing to defend your own argument.

Way to prove his point. :D

He's right though, you know.

He's spot on.

No one has proved your point, and your qualification that you'll effectively have your say but not enter a debate doesn't make any sense and suggests to me that you're not willing to defend your own argument.

Way to prove his point. :D

So.

Because I'm not a parent, I have to explain that paedophilia is bad, rather than it being self evident?

Unbelieveable.

He proved my point by making assumptions about my views, and then outrageously insinuating that I am somehow in favour of paedos, just because I haven't bred.

So. Not spot on, then.

He didn't insinuate that at all. I think you're being very defensive.

He suggested, understandably and correctly, in my opinion, that having children yourself makes you think differently on certain subjects.

Just as, say, you may be more interested in, and concerned about, for example, an increase on road tax or whatever its official name is, or the price of fuel, if you own a motor vehicle than if you do not.

Christ, I forget myself, there I go with sensible assumptions again!

So.

Because I'm not a parent, I have to explain that paedophilia is bad, rather than it being self evident?

Unbelieveable.

He proved my point by making assumptions about my views, and then outrageously insinuating that I am somehow in favour of paedos, just because I haven't bred.

So. Not spot on, then.

My insinuations were regarding your snobby priorities, a parent wouldnt have stepped over a debate on paedophilia to score petty points, thus proving you incorrect.

If you were a parent we wouldnt be having this debate as you would have agreed in the first instance. ;)

TPH and Strokes,

I didn't want to start a fight - I know that I cannot fully understand the love you have for your own kids or the feeling you have being parents.  

What I meant was that I didn't want to get involved in the whole "is it a vicious smear campaign or was Labour/NCCL stuffed full of beasts" debate. I didn't think that there was a debate about whether peados are bad or not... as I say, I thought that would be self evident .

I just don't like the insinuation that the childless are somehow morally inferior or more prone to support paedos *because* they are not parents, rather than there being different levels of morality or different views on life which are conditioned by a whole load of other stuff that doesn't spring from whether "the custard hit the spot"...

I'm sure you remember a time before you had kids when you still hated Paedos and would rather die than cause any hurt to innocent kids?   Do you not grant, even from your position as parents, that those who haven't had kids can still feel like that?

Anyway, carry on.  And enjoy Fathers Day when it comes.

Edited by Vacamion
  • Like 2

I don't really find 14-15 year olds having sex disgusting. Fair enough if people do, but it's not really unnatural in any way and perfectly acceptable in some countries. I don't think CPF's friend is disgusting though I wonder how they met?

It's only disgusting when it includes psychological manipulation or abuse and that can happen at any age but young people are massively more vulnerable to it.

I wonder what would be the effect of lowering the age of consent to say 14? Would it cause societal collapse as hoards of horny old men hung around school at leaving time? Or would it actually change relatively little? (Personally I'm not particularly comfortable with people having relationships with much older people until about 18-21).

I'd actually like to know the opinion of women more than the opinion of men. It's often men who go on about paedophiles and there's a bit of an inequality in their thought often that it is wrong for girls to have sex with older men but they would have less of an issue with a boy having sex with an older women.

TPH and Strokes,

I didn't want to start a fight - I know that I cannot fully understand the love you have for your own kids or the feeling you have being parents.

What I meant was that I didn't want to get involved in the whole "is it a vicious smear campaign or was Labour/NCCL stuffed full of beasts" debate. I didn't think that there was a debate about whether peados are bad or not... as I say, I thought that would be self evident .

I just don't like the insinuation that the childless are somehow morally inferior or more prone to support paedos *because* they are not parents, rather than there being different levels of morality or different views on life which are conditioned by a whole load of other stuff that doesn't spring from whether "the custard hit the spot"...

I'm sure you remember a time before you had kids when you still hated Paedos and would rather die than cause any hurt to innocent kids? Do you not grant, even from your position as parents, that those who haven't had kids can still feel like that?

Anyway, carry on. And enjoy Fathers Day when it comes.

In my defence vac, i was trying to understand why captain pancake face had such liberal veiws on paedophillia. so the he isnt a parent was about the only bone i could throw, to justify it (not that it helped). The debate had moved on to defining a 'paedo' so i did think my comments to you were fair based on the thread context at the time.

No hard feelings, i dont think, or suggest you have sympathies to the subject.

• Like 1

I don't really find 14-15 year olds having sex disgusting. Fair enough if people do, but it's not really unnatural in any way and perfectly acceptable in some countries. I don't think CPF's friend is disgusting though I wonder how they met?

It's only disgusting when it includes psychological manipulation or abuse and that can happen at any age but young people are massively more vulnerable to it.

I wonder what would be the effect of lowering the age of consent to say 14? Would it cause societal collapse as hoards of horny old men hung around school at leaving time? Or would it actually change relatively little? (Personally I'm not particularly comfortable with people having relationships with much older people until about 18-21).

I'd actually like to know the opinion of women more than the opinion of men. It's often men who go on about paedophiles and there's a bit of an inequality in their thought often that it is wrong for girls to have sex with older men but they would have less of an issue with a boy having sex with an older women.

I cant even be bothered to respond to that, i just dispair :(

Not being able to get out of NI for at least 3years due to StepFoxy3

BTW a 25 y/o going out with a 16 year y/o is creeepy in the extreme.

Doesn't sound to good. :( Hope all is ok. 

Now teaching 32 classes a week instead of 27 because the school apparently "cant afford" to employ a new teacher to replace the one who left last month.

Yeah Ms. Director, I've seen the car you drive and the other school branches you run. Stop talking out of both sides of your mouth like some fvcking politician and just admit you're a money-grubber who thinks it's a better business idea to run us all into the ground instead.