Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Students are such lazy bastards - put on loads of opportunities to interview bands, for free gig tickets to go watch and give us a tiny bit of coverage and the response is absolute zilch. Swear I'm the only one besides the station manager whose done any interviews this year, despite the amount that get put on.

Guest MattP

Students are such lazy bastards - put on loads of opportunities to interview bands, for free gig tickets to go watch and give us a tiny bit of coverage and the response is absolute zilch. Swear I'm the only one besides the station manager whose done any interviews this year, despite the amount that get put on.

You expect is all to be shocked lol

Doesn't grind my gears as such but twice today I've seen on here and on Facebook, "your stupid if..." If you're calling somebody else stupid at least check your own grammar first.

Saw something funny on my Facebook the other day... Basically, a girl I went to school with posts loads every day, I mean it's on another level, maybe a new status every three/four hours. And she always spells incorrectly, easily mixed up between "their", "there" and "they're". 

Anyway, I saw that she had 'liked' the status of another of our former schoolmates who posted something along the lines of "at least learn to spell when you're posting". Just, the irony. I was really tempted to comment but didn't in the end because I haven't seen this girl since we left school and didn't want to get into somesort of debate. 

Going back to her, when I say she posts regular, it's so regular. It's actually ridiculous. I'm the type of person that scans Facebook for 5 minutes before logging out, I rarely post and the only pictures of me are one's I've been tagged in. So when I do log in and see yet another status from this girl, it just makes me log back out again.

Saw something funny on my Facebook the other day... Basically, a girl I went to school with posts loads every day, I mean it's on another level, maybe a new status every three/four hours. And she always spells incorrectly, easily mixed up between "their", "there" and "they're". 

Anyway, I saw that she had 'liked' the status of another of our former schoolmates who posted something along the lines of "at least learn to spell when you're posting". Just, the irony. I was really tempted to comment but didn't in the end because I haven't seen this girl since we left school and didn't want to get into somesort of debate. 

Going back to her, when I say she posts regular, it's so regular. It's actually ridiculous. I'm the type of person that scans Facebook for 5 minutes before logging out, I rarely post and the only pictures of me are one's I've been tagged in. So when I do log in and see yet another status from this girl, it just makes me log back out again.

Those type of people annoy me on facey b. delete / block her

• Like 1

Saw something funny on my Facebook the other day... Basically, a girl I went to school with posts loads every day, I mean it's on another level, maybe a new status every three/four hours. And she always spells incorrectly, easily mixed up between "their", "there" and "they're".

I just delete all the idiots now, I barely even go on FB and when I do it just pisses me off.

I just delete all the idiots now, I barely even go on FB and when I do it just pisses me off.

Yeah, same... 80%/90% of my friends list don't post anything anymore, it's amazing compared to when everyone used to post when they first got it (me included), but the small group that do usually post something rubbish, something that is showing off, or something that is an attempt to be funny.

I've found that it's more older people who now use Facebook more these days.

Personally I don't like it as it's become full of adverts and made up stories that has thousands of likes. I only use it to speak to my brother and look at his photos whilst he's travelling.

• Like 1

The way I see Facebook is if I'm doing something where I have time to post it on Facebook it's probably so incredibly boring it's not worth sharing with the world (sadly most people don't see it this way) and if I'm doing something worth sharing with the world I probably won't have time to post it, or Facebook won't be at the forefront of my mind.

Never been into the Facebook thing.Am I being ignorant here but I already know who my friends are and if something is " great" I will phone or text them,and if when I left school all those years ago and we lost touch,that was because we didn't care that much then.

However living where I do it was all Man Utd,Liverpool etc,but I did have a Forest fan and a Derby fan in my year,I'm desperate to get in touch with those pair of cvnts!

Edited by cambridgefox
  • Like 1

i use facebook for a group message with about 8 of my best mates. so much easier than texting/ringing them all individually to tell them something decent or arrange something. 

also an easy way to talk about  anything interesting (footy of a weekend, anything funny happening in anyone's life etc) through the day if we're not with each other at the time. i rarely visit the homepage and never update anything unless i get randomly tagged in a picture by someone from a night out or something. 

FT is the only thing I do,but I do do spend some hours on here I admit.My mrs reckons I get withdrawal symtoms if I can't get on for a day.she says" grumpy because you can't catch up with your foxy mates"Only seen a couple from here,but I'm intrigued.Me and a mate are on the lash from Friday afternoon till Sunday when we come up for Kasabian so hope to have a few beers with a few then.i am more reliable than Lamby!

Edited by cambridgefox