Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

These stupid ****ing no make up selfies on Facebook. First off, I hate the word selfie. Secondly, give a few quid to cancer research if you give a shit.

Even worse I saw a couple of lads on my facebook doing the opposite and wearing make up in support of it apparently.

Guest MattP

Even worse I saw a couple of lads on my facebook doing the opposite and wearing make up in support of it apparently.

What the fcuk.

I really don't get this at all, strange world we live in.

Why do certain people now think it's acceptable to go to the shops in their Pyjarmas? Just get dressed if your going out, if you would of done this years ago you would of been deemed to be nuts and taken to the nearest mental hospital. What next, go to the football in a dressing gown and slippers? Go to work in a onesie? oh, wait you don't go to work.

I've seen onesies at the football before. Appalling attire.

These stupid ****ing no make up selfies on Facebook. First off, I hate the word selfie. Secondly, give a few quid to cancer research if you give a shit.

You've beat me to this. A lot of my girl mates are at it and it really is embarrassing. How many of these are seriously doing it to raise awareness of cancer? It's hardly the worlds top secret. Attention seeking.

I'd delete Facebook if it wasn't for Facebook Chat and the odd argument on an East Mids football page which just happens to be full of piss-taking Leicester fans.

Just block these people from your news feed, it's pretty simple, if someone you want to keep in touch with, or perve over their pictures, keeps posting inane crap, I think they now call it following someone, so you can unfollow someone and you don't get their updates, but you are still friends.

Just block these people from your news feed, it's pretty simple, if someone you want to keep in touch with, or perve over their pictures, keeps posting inane crap, I think they now call it following someone, so you can unfollow someone and you don't get their updates, but you are still friends.

I imagine they understand the concept of blocking and unfollowing but that doesn't mean this sort of behaviour won't continue to annoy them. I'm not even on Facebook anymore but I still find it annoying just reading it on here.

The whole like this for charity thing is a massive bug bear of mine. Social media will ultimately ruin everything.

I imagine they understand the concept of blocking and unfollowing but that doesn't mean this sort of behaviour won't continue to annoy them. I'm not even on Facebook anymore but I still find it annoying just reading it on here.

The whole like this for charity thing is a massive bug bear of mine. Social media will ultimately ruin everything.

It isn't always clear to be fair, how to block someone, especially now they have gone all twitter lingo with unfollow.

As for this no make up thing, the only response I have seen on my facebook is someone putting a tenner in a charity box with an "unmanicured hand", whilst telling one of her friends she isn't going to play that game. She actually lost her mum to cancer, not really sure the point in adding that, just a fact.

Anyone who complains about Facebook is just admitting they have shit friends really.

As for this no make up thing, the only response I have seen on my facebook is someone putting a tenner in a charity box with an "unmanicured hand", whilst telling one of her friends she isn't going to play that game. She actually lost her mum to cancer, not really sure the point in adding that, just a fact.

Because it probably pisses her off no end. All these plastic bellends making meaningless statements and pretending like they give a shit. I keep seeing people post "Go on, join in, it's for a good cause." No it's fvcking not, you're posting pictures on facebook you disabled.

It's like the few that I saw during the neknominate bullshit that would film themselves helping someone out of buying a homeless guy a subway. If we can turn it into people posting a picture of them putting money in a charity box then go nuts, at least it's something but all this is is a load of meaningless crap.

It isn't always clear to be fair, how to block someone, especially now they have gone all twitter lingo with unfollow.

Anyone who complains about Facebook is just admitting they have shit friends really.

When I first joined Facebook I was full of youthful innocence and made friends left right and centre with people that I vaguely remembered from primary school as well as numerous other incredibly tenuous connections. But then the realisation dawned on me that there was a good reason I hadn't been in touch with these people for about 20 years. It seemed all they did was take photos of their food and talk about their children.

And then my Mum joined and things took a more sinister turn with me having to conduct a full audit of any photos posted, particularly after the weekend when there was a very tangible fear of being asked quesitons about why my eyes looked funny or what I was doing in a field at 6am on a Sunday morning.

I didn't have the motivation to trawl through my friends and unfollow / delete all the gash, my thinking being that if I really am friends with people then I don't need Facebook to keep in touch with them.

Needless to say nowadays I'm lonely and never get invited to anything.

• Like 1

That stupid Mirror advert, #madeuthink

You made me think that the mirror is even more shit.

Similar to this, on my way home from work I drive past a new housing estate which is still being built. Just after it I get to a junction and tune left, just after this junction there is a sign that says, turn around, you've missed Barrett homes.

I don't know why but this really ****s me off every time I see it. I wasn't looking for Barett homes so don't tell me to turn around!!!!!

If it said, looking for Barett home? You need to turn around! It wouldn't bother me, but the fact they imply everyone is looking for them really pisses me off!

'Selfie' is up there with 'Banter' or 'Bants', hate that ****ing word! :mad::@:banghead:

Edited by buzzer_b
  • Like 1

dentist in an hour. shit i hate the dentist.

Me today,I can have knee ops and it doesn't worry me.Dentist I shite myself.My uncle also had 3 practices so you would hVe thought I would be fine,but I had two horrendous experiences with gas( showing my age) when I was young.problem is a large filling keeps coming out and she said she might not be able to save the tooth.sad day.

You've beat me to this. A lot of my girl mates are at it and it really is embarrassing. How many of these are seriously doing it to raise awareness of cancer? It's hardly the worlds top secret. Attention seeking.

i just exactely the same thing to the mrs when she told me about it

It's doing something...

http://news.uk.msn.com/selfie-windfall-for-cancer-charity

Knew someone would post that :P

I've actually discussed it with someone on facebook who thought I was being rather cynical (granted I very much am) and I've said fair enough. It did take at least a day before I saw anyone on my feed mentioning donations though, the point was originally that it was just stupid but now people have started donating along with it which was probably the purpose in the first place.

Knew someone would post that :P

I've actually discussed it with someone on facebook who thought I was being rather cynical (granted I very much am) and I've said fair enough. It did take at least a day before I saw anyone on my feed mentioning donations though, the point was originally that it was just stupid but now people have started donating along with it which was probably the purpose in the first place.

Surely if it is to tackle breast cancer, it shouldn't be pictures of their faces, I'm pretty sure you would see a lot more donations for that than their faces at their worst...

just saying.